The Guard Impact thread...

The Gaurd Impact thread...

Throws need to lose their priority over attacks now that they can't be GI'd.

They did it because the comunity cried over the fact that GI's can't be countered...

I personally liked GIable throws...

Oh well... you can't change the game to suite your style... so change your style to suite the game.

Throws have always had priority over attacks in SC.

I know... this was the hardest adjustment for me... I spent the first week instictivly trying to GI throws even though I've always known that you couldn't any more... I finally got my self back to ducking it if the throw is readable... you can always break them even if you miss the GI, but thats still only 50/50.

A thread for tactics involving GI...

Simple enough...

i dont understand.

anyways, i havent had too much time to mess with gi'ing, but i kind of like throws being non gi'able. now when you get gi'ed and the enemy does something immediately (no g cancelling) there's no awesome, immediate cure-all.

although, now that i think about it, how difficult would it be to gi then buffer a throw break? i'd imagine you can do both no problem. i know buffering has changed, but when getting thrown i don't think it has.

i dont understand.

anyways, i havent had too much time to mess with gi'ing, but i kind of like throws being non gi'able. now when you get gi'ed and the enemy does something immediately (no g cancelling) there's no awesome, immediate cure-all.

although, now that i think about it, how difficult would it be to gi then buffer a throw break? i'd imagine you can do both no problem. i know buffering has changed, but when getting thrown i don't think it has.

There is still G canceling... Its just REALLY fast now... so you'd be able to immediatly recognize its a cancel.

I see no reason to buffer throws post GI unless you have already been GIed back...

Even then, throws are only 50/50 breaks... unless your opponents really predictable... or if you can read throws and GI on reflex... but then... why buffer a throw break at that point?

nono i wasnt saying g-cancelling wasnt in the game, i was sayin that if/when the opponent doesn't do a g-cancel that GI isn't going to be the immediate answer.

nono i wasnt saying g-cancelling wasnt in the game, i was sayin that if/when the opponent doesn't do a g-cancel that GI isn't going to be the immediate answer.

Of corse not... and it never was... it takes excellent reaction time, and good mixups to survive a post GI in any game. And thats true of all of the SC games.

Of corse not... and it never was... it takes excellent reaction time, and good mixups to survive a post GI in any game. And thats true of all of the SC games.

i guess i have good reactions because i've never found it difficult to handle anything post gi. maybe a few times against fetz back in sc1, but that's when i first started playing people that didn't suck.

lulz. wots a GI? Seriously. I don't think anyone really GI's anymore. We might as well get rid of it.

...I'm kidding.
But seriously.
The GI window seems to be super tiny, now.
Super tiny.

I like the fact that you can't GI throws anymore. Adds to the mixup and mindgames. No longer do you have an answer (if timed correctly) for highs, mids, AND throws (essentially lows from a mix up perspective). Now you must correctly counter their attack. You either duck/break the throw or GI an attack. You can't just GI to get you out of both. I like this.

Some may argue that it hurts the post GI game, but I disagree. Sure a throw attempt is free, but it's an attempt. It can be broken. 50/50. No guarantees. Seems like just another mindgame. :)

I like the fact that you can't GI throws anymore. Adds to the mixup and mindgames. No longer do you have an answer (if timed correctly) for highs, mids, AND throws (essentially lows from a mix up perspective). Now you must correctly counter their attack. You either duck/break the throw or GI an attack. You can't just GI to get you out of both. I like this.

Some may argue that it hurts the post GI game, but I disagree. Sure a throw attempt is free, but it's an attempt. It can be broken. 50/50. No guarantees. Seems like just another mindgame. :)

That's not what WI says.

Coming from SC II, I'm still getting over some of my GI habits from that game such as GIing a throw. Sometimes I know it's there and I try to GI it like an idiot. XD

playing offline it isn't hard to duck throws on reaction...hell gi whiffing is the only time i'm really vulnerable to them. just duck/jump that shit like you shoulda been doing all along.

I've been playing against my friend a lot, and when he started talking about the post-guard impact mindgame being ruined due to the throw stuff, I started buffering throw breaks with my guard impacts. I got a lot of practice with this since he uses Astaroth and puts a lot of throws into his game, and this is 100% doable.

yea i also confirmed this yesterday, playing ONLINE actually; japan seems to have a great network for sc4 (or something) and the lag is minimal at MOST. it's extremely impressive.

so yea, now you don't just gi, but gi and buffer a_b. easy enough.

Back