The official CE input rage thread

Nofacekill3r

[11] Champion
i like to use NMs CE...its useful.

But NOT when it gives me grim stride instead. Is there a way around this? I've tried EVERYTHING.

Hold block, do 236, 236, let go of block and hit A+B+K. The block will stop GS but it still accepts the command for the CE.

yea holding guard is the way to go, also you can sorta press A+B+K during the second 236 motion to get it out, it might feel weird but it works somehow.

anyone able to get the CE out while tech rolling up ? coz that'll be pretty friggin awesome to get people off my face.

I've found holding G and hitting 2323 tends to be the most reliable and easiest way to get it done. Of course, since directional inputs buffer while holding G, you can still mess up and get NSS anyway

What I do is spam gs at close range. The opponent gets scared and attacks and takes a CE right to the face. I have to say his CE is one of the best imo.

Lol My hand is jacked up. I have bone popping up so I can't do 2 quarter circle motions in the 1p position quickly. Shit can get real ugly with me trying to do that motion.

"He's trying to do AGA." Guy on the mic online said...hahaha.

Lost a ranked match thanks to this.

The best way seems to be GS -> CE. So do 236 3 times. But for the duration of GS you are obviously unsafe, so best to do on oki if you want to bait a CE. Then again that probably only goes so far. You are better off saving his meter for BE combos.

Cutting out his extremely useful CE because you're having troubles with the inputs is not a good way to go imo. Throwing away an opportunity for a gigantic 80% hit possibility just doesn't make any sense, especially when it has a parry all except UB and CE property.

for some reason I am able to input the CE just fine on pad but I have the worst time with it on stick. Either I get gs as well or I get 8wayrun and a quick step. I wonder how other characters with a 236 dash handle this problem?

When his combos do more damage Mammoth, unless you are in a situation where you are forced to have to live with the opponent's pressure, I rather use them for BE. It is all situational. I am saying just in general. Of course that CE has a lot of applications, but one must be cautious especially if the players are attuned to it.

No, you're absolutely right. Both his BEs and CE is situational. I'm just saying don't throw out a very good move because you're having a hard time with the inputs is all.

True, just be careful. If someone decides to throw out a 2A to smack your GS, they can stuff the CE before the reflect starts and it'll burn meter. I've had that happen quite a few times, both online and by the computer.

can we like.. petition to Project Soul to change the motion? i don't think it should be simplified but just don't make it overlap with GS, like instead of 236, do it reverse, 214.

Have you tried varying the speed of the input? I only got the game yesterday, but it seems that if you input 236236A+B+K fast enough you don't really get GS. That is, the second 236 needs to come out quite fast.

Back