The Official Create-A-Soul Battle Showcase thread.

WindupSkeleton

[14] Master
If Le Bello says it's official, does that indeed make it official?

A simple, promising premise here - You can arrange to fight or show of your CaS characters with other users, using this useful thread.

Better than that though, you can, and are encouraged, to post videos of your CaSs in adrenaline-inducing action! Be they online matches with other users, offline matches, or anything that could possibly go in-between, despite nothing going in-between.

So if you've ever wanted to arrange matches designed mostly about fighting your Action Man against someone else's Action Man (Or Action Lady for the fairer sex) but didn't want to bother people in PM's, or put it in your sig, or make a thread about it, then here's the place!

Perhaps the best bit, (better than the better bit before) is that you won't be judged on your gameplay abilities here.

The idea is that this thread will appeal to casual fans of the game, who may not be as good at the fighting as others, and as so judgement on a persons fighting abilities should be reserved for those who choose to be judged, i.e, those in the appropriate forum.

With a lot of care, attention, time, detail, blood, sweat, tears, and exaggeration, ThePascuzzi has created The Official CaS Showcase Battle Thread List of Battlers.

Using this form could NOT be easier - Simply click on it, edit in your details and then leave. It automatically updates, and anyone can edit.

So, when looking for a friend, you can use this to search by Time Zone and console owned, making it the most streamline experience you're like to need! As the first examples, ThePascuzzi and Le Bello have both entered their details!

A few things to note however:

It's polite to at least inform someone before adding them. In Le Bello's case, I won't accept everyone who sends me a FR, unless they PM me first letting me know who they are. I find it's just common courtesy.

Don't delete any information that isn't yours. We're all here for a reason, and it's harming nobody. If you want to remove your information, then feel completely free, but if you didn't put it there, leave it well alone. We'll be keeping regular back-ups, so you'll need to mention to one of us if you've removed it, and what that info is, so we can strike it from the back-ups.

Once again, be sure to thank ThePascuzzi for taking the time out of his day!

Happy fighting!

really sad to see the lack of interest for this thread and forvideos in general. what i produced can be seen in page 7 of my thread or better on my youtube channel on 480p settings. second chance for those maybe i'll repost if le bello wants me too but mine are cpu vs cpu only.... the true soul of a cas can only be revealed in motion and voice...a test of perfectiom or epic fail. who never forgot to change the default voice on a badass cas resulting in a preteen high pitched rambling lol

really sad to see the lack of interest for this thread and forvideos in general.
I'm very interested in showing off my CaS in-battle. It's just that some of us are held back by technical limitations. Screenshots can only be taken in Creation mode on PS3 and good capture cards don't come cheap.

That being said, I'll see what I can do by pointing my phone at my TV screen. I dislike having to record it like that because I dislike watching videos that were recorded like that, but for at least one of my CaS, I don't think a Creation mode screenshot can really show all the intended workings. Same goes for a few of the other designs around here that I've had the good fortune of laying eyes upon.

really sad to see the lack of interest for this thread and forvideos in general. what i produced can be seen in page 7 of my thread or better on my youtube channel on 480p settings. second chance for those maybe i'll repost if le bello wants me too but mine are cpu vs cpu only.... the true soul of a cas can only be revealed in motion and voice...a test of perfectiom or epic fail. who never forgot to change the default voice on a badass cas resulting in a preteen high pitched rambling lol

I'm fully aware this thread may not get much attention, as ThePascuzzi said, there're a lot of technical limitations and not everyone has access to the equipment. But those that can, and want to, certainly should! After all, there's only so much a static screenshot can provide.

I think another reason people might hold back, is that they may be concerned about getting comments in this thread rather than their own personal ones, which is an understandable but ridiculous notion, because surely it doesn't matter where the feedback comes from?

But even CPU v CPU shows off your CaSs in battle, in fluid authentic motion, so please, if you'd like, post them here, we'd be happy to see your designs in action! =|:}D

Ooh, definitely interested in seeing how this thread progresses; watching your designs show their stuff in battle can be one of the more rewarding things about CaS - and also a pretty good tool to spot any tweaks that need to be made in the design.

I'm not sure how it works for Xbox users, but if any PSN users use the online function, you can save videos of your battles to your machine by going into the Replay menu. You select the matches you want to save in storage, then from there can either download the video to your PS3 or upload straight to Youtube. (Although, I've read that the quality tends to suffer when uploading directly, so you may want to simply download it according to your specifications and then port it via USB drive when it's to your liking.) I have a couple I've been meaning to do something with myself, though I'm awfully shy when it comes to sharing my creations; the perfectionist in me hates showing a product before I feel it's truly 'finished'. I do have one or two that I might be able to share, though... I'll see what I can do!

Yeah but xbox users are stuck with no screenshot fonction and clumsy youtube transfer...
Anyways, i'll post a few of my CAS in action to get this thread started for good, i will post more (or shoot more for that matter) depending on the forum response ;o)

Set to 480p for optimal viewing (especially if you use full screen).

The problem i have with embedded videos is that it sometimes give the option to select resolution (bottom right hand corner), sometimes not.

Can somebody explain me/us what to do to be able to select it all the time ?

I hand picked 7 of my favorite ones :

first one for Le Bello, Kratos vs Conan :

Lich King vs War :

Bruce Lee vs Mitsurugi 3P :

Geisharugi vs Hilde 3P :

Anubis vs Mummymitsu :

How about just meeting up online and duking it out? That way we can show our creations and get real combat advice! I don't know how all the cool people display their PSN's under their avatar, but mine's "rge42". Anyone who's down can send me a PM on 8WR.

I'd love to post something!... I just don't have a recording device... Worst comes to worst I'll just try my best to record a match with my I pod.

How about just meeting up online and duking it out? That way we can show our creations and get real combat advice! I don't know how all the cool people display their PSN's under their avatar, but mine's "rge42". Anyone who's down can send me a PM on 8WR.

This thread is also designed to allow more casual players to arrange online meet ups and battles. With or without them recording it.

It's basically a "CaS Unification Thread", if you would. People can meet up to have fights without worrying about their skill levels, and possibly, if possibly, potentially post videos of their fights, possibly.

I'm terrible at this game, but I'm willing to take on all challengers, especially if they have a specific CaS in mind they'd like to see. PSN tag is right there under my avatar. Feel free to add me.

I'm terrible at this game, but I'm willing to take on all challengers, especially if they have a specific CaS in mind they'd like to see. PSN tag is right there under my avatar. Feel free to add me.

Same here; although I'd prefer if any interested parties PM'd me for my PSN, simply because it helps keep track of who's who, I'd be happy to stage a fight or two. I'd even consider offering to remake CaS for people who would like to share their creations but don't have the video or screenshot options available to them. Given how busy my current situation has been of late (and the fact that I only own one DLC pack), the idea is not a guarantee at this point; it is something to give thought to if anyone's interested, however.

Back on topic, though, a quick question: would recolors or 3P videos be permitted in this thread as well, or would it be preferred that they be original CaS designs? I have some videos of my Pyrrha recolor and a silly little Patroklos costume available to me at the moment.

Same here; although I'd prefer if any interested parties PM'd me for my PSN, simply because it helps keep track of who's who, I'd be happy to stage a fight or two. I'd even consider offering to remake CaS for people who would like to share their creations but don't have the video or screenshot options available to them. Given how busy my current situation has been of late (and the fact that I only own one DLC pack), the idea is not a guarantee at this point; it is something to give thought to if anyone's interested, however.

Back on topic, though, a quick question: would recolors or 3P videos be permitted in this thread as well, or would it be preferred that they be original CaS designs? I have some videos of my Pyrrha recolor and a silly little Patroklos costume available to me at the moment.

3Ps are original too, even recolours!

Regarding owning the DLC, for the Cepheus Store stuff, you can still play with people who have that DLC even when you don't, provided you've downloaded the (free) corresponding 'Compatibility Pack'.

you guys are all hyped ud about how to do it on your own, yet nobody commented on my videos, sob ;o)
and nobody knows about the question regarding youtube video resolution either, which may concern all of you as soon as you post...

you guys are all hyped ud about how to do it on your own, yet nobody commented on my videos, sob ;o)
and nobody knows about the question regarding youtube video resolution either, which may concern all of you as soon as you post...

Le Bello completely forgot to comment! I may have been drunk when I watched them, so forgive Le Bello.

All I can remember is Kratos being beautiful in the ballet of battle.

@VILARCANE. I actually watched your videos very early on. I've been commenting more because I have been lurking for so long, but it has been speratic because of my unsettled work schedual. I really enjoyed watching your CAS in action. We see so many characters on this forum in still life; it's really cool to see them bust some skulls.

As far as arranging a battle... I'm game for a game too (forgive the redundancy). I just don't have the ability to record. Sure, I have a camera, but surrogate film-making is usually of poor quality. If anyone has recording capabilities and wants to have a match, my PSN ID is listed. I'm usually pretty good on casual circuts, but really bad on tornament circuts, so....ya know... but I am nothing if not a gentleman... no sore loser or gloating winner here.

Back