The Siegfried Q & A thread

Synraii

[14] Master
All general questions relating to SCIV Siegfried will now be posted here.
No threads need to be made purely to ask one question, lets keep the boards tidy guys! =)

Posted by Cruznic:
I need help on performing this combo I just can't seem to pull it off i have no clue how to time it. I remember this site had the aga for siegfried tip and how to pull that off more efficiently but that seems far easier than performing this combo. If someone could help me out on the timing and/or if there is some trick on pulling this off would be appreciated.

Video tutorial will be up as soon as youtube does what I tell it to ~_~

Thank you for the warm welcome Synraii, as for the combo it is in fact the one where it is practically a just input the A+K, a2AA if my memory serves me right and also if the notation is correct...

I can't recall which thread I saw this in so I'll just ask here: Sieg's definitely at disadvantage when your opponent gets in really close and stays there. I know 4K is pretty good at pushing them back out, but what are some of his other moves best for when they get too close for comfort?

I wouldn't personally say he's at an enormous disadvantage, rather the risk increases for equal reward.
My advice is to remember your fundamentals and aim for a counter hit, and the best way to do that is to aim to kill a step or a high.
Sieg's CH KND game is pretty good, as is his damage, but you have to be prepared to risk damage to do it - IMO the best up close tools are:
(Highs)
Throws - I cannot stress enough how good Sieg's throw game is at close range: good damage, great range, good okizeme - ABUSE THEM
6[A] for a good KND and a mixup rather than punishment on block, this move also has some serious right RO potential, which has won me more than a few matches before.
A is -2 on guard and is a good setup for 3(B) or step ~ whiff punish etc.
ag:A doesn't really halt an opponents offence here as generic 2A is a threat to any extra pressure, but it gives a mindgame situation, a sweet KND on hit and a little bit of breathing room.
(Mids)
3(B) is your all purpose damage dealer - against most of the cast, the world doesn't end if it gets blocked so the reward is easily worth the risk and its Tech crouch begins early (around frame 6, I think) so use it to cheat frames against characters with strong high pressure games - especially against characters with paticularly good throws. It is good to mixup with throws as you need your opponent to twitchduck for this to be effective - good thing his throws are awesome really <3.
B6 is your alternative to 3(B) at midscreen - it respaces, is safe and gives mixup on hit... Most of the time. I would only use this myself in a clutch situation where I don't need 3(B)'s bigger damage output or against bitches like Sets or Sophie (55 Damage from a blocked 3(B) - what the hell is that?! >=( ) Bear in mind it has no tech crouch so use it when you get an offensive oppertunity in tandem with throws
4K is your B6 by an edge for FWD RO on CH, but the tech crouch starts late (frame 11) - try to cheat frames with this and you will die... HOWEVER it is very satisfying if you CH a 6BB happy Amy, paticularly for RO =D
3A if a wall is to your right.
(Lows)
Sieg's close range lows are ass so I wouldn't really bother unless you need quick damage, but 1K is i15 and gives +2 on CH so its usable I guess - has no tech crouch though...

On a side note, AA will respace the opponent to tip range if the idiot doesn't duck the 2n'd hit, so against low level players, this is a good answer to pressure.

Basically, you rely on throw/mid mixups to respace, but NEVER be afraid to fish for CH at point blank with Siegfried - it poses him bigger risk, but its also where you find his biggest damage. If that doesn't work out - try to mindfuck them, use your stance game from things like WS(B) and 22(B) if you get an opening... Oh, and whiff punish with 1B if you step something.

Hope that helps =)

great job syn, you covered just about everything lol

2A can also be a multipurpose TC in this situation, but because its - on hit and this isnt really its optimal range, i really wouldnt depend on hit too heavily. it can also be used to keep step in check, but again there are better options for this as well.

3K can be a good way to keep an aggressive opponent in check as it gives fear advantage. however alternatively the move itself is pretty bad, not to mention step able, so in most cases 1K is your better option if you are in need of an i15 move. oh and before i forget, the range is terrible as well.

if you can fit in a iFC A_B+G for TC you can also gain some decent spacing or some mixups off it, but its rather slow, breakable, and punishable

66KA can work decently too if you can land NH or CH, and it has better range than 3K for an i15 move. but this move on grd is pretty bad since its 2Aable regardless if you finish it, and its also fairly linear.

6K is a decent interrupt move, but its slightly punishable, linear, high, and the stun is shakable. at least the stun gives a good amount of advantage for mixup however.

and of course, you can always step for whiff punishes and grabs, as mentioned earlier.

Thank you, those are some great tips. I've been trying to implement 6[A] more into my game. I used to have I guess a kind of subconscious fear to use it since it's a high, it'll get ducked and I'll get whiff punished, but it's turning out to be pretty useful. I also agree that 3K is bad. More often than not when I try and use it, I'M the one getting CHed. Aggressive opponents is just something I've had some issues with...especially with characters like Amy.

1K is the most likely move to hit rivals consistently.
On hit 1K leaves Sig at disadvantage but promotes most rivals to react attacking after getting hit by 1K, setting themselves up to be Impacted pretty easily & consistently depending on how fast the rival adapts & changes to slower attacks that could probably set themselves for eating 6K or change to just Guard & eat another 1K that leaves them on the same situation. Some rivals might try to counter-mix Sig by Grabbing after getting hit by 1K, be mindful for this at all times to buffer a grab break while attempting to Impact rivals possible quick-poke reaction. Multi-gambles.

On Counter Hit 1K gives +2, this is very good at close range for Sig because 1K starts in i15 frames, so a followed 1K would come out in i13 frames (faster), & if it counter again, another 1K. This CHit-loop can be interrupted if your rival has & reacts with a i13 or faster poke. i13 or faster pokes are high, if your rival tends to counter-mix Sig with these fast high pokes, Sig can gamble a "delayed" WS'B or FC'B+G (not FC'A+G because your rival is likely to break from it unintentionally while mashing AAs).

Sig can also use 6K (which is i14 & comes out as i12 after gaining 1K's CHit frame advantage) vs more aggressive -reactive rivals.
At tip range, 1K gives Sig enough space to use 4B+K~SBH'A+B to dodge rivals quick-short reaction-pokes while whiff punishing them & regaining Sig's good combat range.

1K is unsafe if your rival guards against it but, it is not likely. 1K is fast enough to provoke your rival to guess-low-guard. Its not humanly possible to "watch, notice then react" appropriately vs i15 moves like 1K without having thought or planned ahead. If your rivals guards it, it means they are guessing, which is good because then Sig can mix-up more out of 1K & its range.

I was reading through some of the threads and noticed iag:A is this any different from regular aga? Because I can't find this in his movelist. From my understanding iag:A is a just frame instant (when u glow white...) or is this notation implying something else?

It breaks the soul guage in 15, rather than 16-81 (depends on the speed of the non just version) and is shiny....
SHINY!!!

I was reading through some of the threads and noticed iag:A is this any different from regular aga? Because I can't find this in his movelist. From my understanding iag:A is a just frame instant (when u glow white...) or is this notation implying something else?
the input is basically implying agA at fastest input. it is a true just frame, but i do believe its not marked in the actual in game movelist. but it is made note of here as "a :g :a" or iagA, incase you were wondering. synraii has already covered the basic move differences. another thing to note is iagA is i18, while agA can be input as fast as i17, despite iagA requiring a faster input.

the input is basically implying agA at fastest input. it is a true just frame, but i do believe its not marked in the actual in game movelist. but it is made note of here as "a :g :a" or iagA, incase you were wondering. synraii has already covered the basic move differences. another thing to note is iagA is i18, while agA can be input as fast as i17, despite iagA requiring a faster input.
That said, it is very difficult to consistently hit it at i17 - I get it like 2 out of 10 tries XD

@Cruznik: Also, the iagA is named after me ^_^ HA!
It also has better home-run when hitting airborne rivals, good for left ring outs after launching the rival with SBH'B, SCH'B]max, & BT-SCH'B (launch range).

I was wondering...is there really any ideal time to use 2A+G or 2B+G on a grounded opponent? I use it sometimes, but it's more random and I've never really considered when, if ever, it can be best utilized.

I'm no expert, so I'll give only my opinion...
Hmm... I never lift the opponent from the ground. You can do that only when the opponent's head is towards you right?
When someone is at the ground I usually 2KKKKK, or 3B, or 1AA, or 2 A+B, rarely (B), or 2 A (some of these when fighting..... alone)..... I recently got a bad habit though; when I see someone grounded I B:4... Really bad habit.
Well, I'd use 2 A+G_B+G only if the opp would refuse to wake up.

You can do it after FC B+G wall splat, but the highest damaging option only gets 8 damage more than the highest damaging guaranteed option. In general, the problem with using it after wall splats is that you absolutely have to be perfectly aligned with your opponent, or else you just roll him over and waste free damage.

The most "guaranteed" use is after B4, where it will either hit them guaranteed if they don't tech, or end up catching them in a catch-all-sides tech trap. However, in the tech trap scenario, it IS still a breakable throw, so remember that before you start putting it to use. Though I'd expect the number of people that break throws VS Siegfried's wake up to be qutie low.

Essentially there isn't a lot of use for it. The scenarios you can use it in usually give better or comparable guaranteed damage than one the mix ups from being +13 would give, so it makes you wonder "Why would I use this?" Give it a shot if you want, though, since it gives people a reason to tech after B4, which sets them up for B4 ~ 1B tech traps.

Back