The Story Thread

Regarding kicking characters off the story, they could keep them in VS mode (sort of like how bonus characters were treated in SC3 console).

And I'd like a prequel. Doesn't mean the new characters are kicked, mind you. Actually it could be a great excuse to bring back Hwang and Li Long, AND fill in backstory of the new characters.

And I want Xianglian to make an appearance =D

God I want Hwang to come back. I have a man crush on him.

Any way you slice it, Im sick and tired of the current story arc. Having THREE games in the series happen in the SAME YEAR is friggin retarded. The story was at its prime from Soul Edge to SC one, made some progress to SCII then STOPPED. Its time to evolve or just quit all together and make it as pointless as Virtua Fighter. Along with it, they can look at similar levels of sales in the US because story drives a casual market.

They don't want the characters to age much further. :-\ That's why 3 games took place in the same year.

People who say the story in SC2 was super-great reveal themselves not to know dick about the story.

Virtually nothing happened from SC1 into SC2. Soul Calibur revealed itself, Xianghua and Kilik beat Inferno, but then Soul Edge just sucked itself, Soul Calibur and Nightmare into a vortex before any lasting damage was done. When Nightmare/Siegfried was spit out the other side, he regained control of himself for a while, but then Siegfried let himself become Nightmare again, all the while Siegfried kept Soul Edge and Soul Edge held Soul Calibur prisoner.

So the net plot movement was:
Nightmare becomes Siegfried again, but then not.
Soul Calibur appears, then gets nothing done and is hidden impotently away again.
Sophitia retires, but then not.
Three new people and some monsters show up wanting Soul Edge and/or Soul Calibur for the usual reasons.
Great story.

So, right after my post from 2008 about how nothing interesting happened in SC2, I'd like to throw this out there:

I like the stories they write for the guest characters in this series. I really do.

Spawn sent into the past to collect Soul Edge for the Devil, at a moment the Devil thought would be opportune? Totally in-character. Makes sense for his universe. Love it.

Heihachi sucked into the past by a fragment of Soul Edge? We already know he has a connection to that universe via Yoshimitsu, and that's totally something that crazy magical Soul Edge would do in its search for a host.

Star Wars characters sense a disturbance in the Force and follow a rift in space to Earth? Perfect. Doesn't even need to be time travel like so many people mindlessly assume. We've always known that Star Wars was LONG AGO in a galaxy far, far away. Now we know exactly how long ago.

My favorite has to be Link, though, because I have a serious suspicion that Soul Calibur affected the Legend of Zelda storyline. Follow me on a journey, won't you? It doesn't involve as much fan speculation as you suspect:

Link was sent by the Goddesses of Hyrule to our realm to hunt Soul Edge. Pretty typical mission for Link, really. He's always jumping dimensions and quashing evil forces. Here's where it gets sad, though: who won Soul Calibur II? Not Link. We have no reason to think he ever got home, and in fact, the Zelda series gives us reason to think that he did not go home. According to his story, SC2's Link was the Hero of Time, from Ocarina of Time. No matter what the ending from Ocarina of Time might lead you to believe: the opening of Wind Waker states that the Hero of Time existed, saved Hyrule once, then didn't come back when they needed him again, and his absence led to the flooding of the world. So where was he? Stuck on Earth, because he is never, ever going to get Soul Edge. Of course, there isn't any evidence to suggest that he died trying either, so maybe he's still out there looking in the time of SC4. Maybe he's met Scheherezade, she seems like his type.

hoho phil that was awesome with zelda/link..damn =)
But what about with the souledge shard/fragment/piece that cassandra has with her??
i mean,maybe it sounds weird but im sure she wears that thing on her 1P outfit(just look on pic ive uploaded,im just guessing its in there)
Im not talkin cause she is one of my mains,but i think thats something important.(like in the intro from sc2)

Attachments

• cassandra.jpg
    cassandra.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 157
Sophitia's story had the most awsome ending in the game, and everyone knows it.

If you didn't feel something during that ending, you're a heartless monster. If they were to drop Sig and nightmare, then i'd honestly say continue with Sophitia's story leading the bunch.

Link was sent by the Goddesses of Hyrule to our realm to hunt Soul Edge. Pretty typical mission for Link, really. He's always jumping dimensions and quashing evil forces. Here's where it gets sad, though: who won Soul Calibur II? Not Link. We have no reason to think he ever got home, and in fact, the Zelda series gives us reason to think that he did not go home. According to his story, SC2's Link was the Hero of Time, from Ocarina of Time. No matter what the ending from Ocarina of Time might lead you to believe: the opening of Wind Waker states that the Hero of Time existed, saved Hyrule once, then didn't come back when they needed him again, and his absence led to the flooding of the world. So where was he? Stuck on Earth, because he is never, ever going to get Soul Edge. Of course, there isn't any evidence to suggest that he died trying either, so maybe he's still out there looking in the time of SC4. Maybe he's met Scheherezade, she seems like his type.

In the ending of OOT, Link was sent back to when he was little so he could enjoy his childhood. Then his adventure in MM. How could he be in two places at the same time?

Anyways I feel that Sieg has to die in order to continue the story. I don't care that he's my favorite character but if he needs to die so be it. He has redeemed himself. There is no need for him to destroy Soul Edge. In my opinion Algol should be the one to. he started it, he finishes it. He has ruined more lives than Siegfried has. Maxi needs to die as well. His quest for vengence should come to an end (Astaroth and maxi kill each other). I like him but Li long needs an appearance. So does Hwang.

In the ending of OOT, Link was sent back to when he was little so he could enjoy his childhood. Then his adventure in MM. How could he be in two places at the same time?

I know. It makes your head hurt, but if you played Wind Waker, then you know that somehow the adult life of the Hero of Time did happen, because the aftereffects of it are everywhere. My best guess is that after he aged seven natural years, he re-lived the adulthood we're already familiar with. -And SC2 would have to take place after that.

hoho phil that was awesome with zelda/link..damn =)
But what about with the souledge shard/fragment/piece that cassandra has with her??
i mean,maybe it sounds weird but im sure she wears that thing on her 1P outfit(just look on pic ive uploaded,im just guessing its in there)
Im not talkin cause she is one of my mains,but i think thats something important.(like in the intro from sc2)

I don't have anything to contribute to this idea, I just think it's neat. I notice that that little capsule breaks off with Cassandra's mid armor.

^^ yeah i know,but many people forget in the story that nightmare/souledge needs the shards to be complete but cassandra has one(necird had one,i think he is dead and Charade was killed by Cassandra anyway"so far i know he was one shard"...i think talim had one to)..and they react if she is not far away from pyrha(sophies kid)..ah i love the story from SCIV"why dont they just ask GAINAX for an anime adaption or KOEI? damn -.-"

Here's my simple-minded opinion.
SE's story got me into the soul series.
It introduced me to the characters. And I quickly became a fan.
I didn't get to play SCI, but oh well.
SCII's story actually kept me very satisfied.
That was when I developed a crush on certain characters and how he or she did things.
SCIII's story had a neat interactive story.
They actually give you a path for a certain ending. Like press A+G or else you won't capture Rock.
SCIV's story............well I think they went lazy on this one.
Five fights and a short cut-scene. Really dissappointing.....

Back