Theory Calibur/Go to DEV/Like This Post Thread

I have a confession to make. My grab break game is non-existent. I usually just duck, but that doesn't always work, esp since some players have anti-crouching throws like astaroth and cassandra.

Also lacking is my GI. I only seem to do it in retaliation to my opponent GI-ing me.

Other than those 2 things, I consider myself to be pretty solid on everything else. Heck I even got the JF's down to a tee.

The fact that I lack those 2 aspects, does that make me a scrub?

The problem with some of these definitions is inexperience with a game does not make someone a scrub.

My definition of a scrub is if I am owning someone with something, it's obvious, yet they keep doing the same thing over and over. Those are the guys I get frustrated with.

if you are a good player, you know when you SHOULD attack and when you SHOULD block.
by this definition every voldo player is a scrub =/
the difference between a good player and a scrub is simply: someone who learns things and applies them over the long term is not a scrub

That's a really hard question. Different people at different 'levels' will think different things. The obvious answer would be the person that wins the most, but that is never the end-all-be-all. The level of an opponent and character abilities must always be taken into question.

If I could make a list of things that make me consider someone decent, they would be: Understanding of the game, their opponent, their own strengths and weaknesses, and the characters; Defense; reaction and the ability to create openings or force errors from their opponents; adaptability; and consistency.

In my opinion, a good player or a player with the potential to be good actually understands why they lose or win and learns from that. A good player doesn't depend on a crutch but understands how a single threat can create many (real or unreal) threat. A good player will also be able to pinpoint exact reasons why someone wins or loses. A good player will get better or consistently put put a fight against a better player; a bad player will continue to lose and put up less of a fight as they continue to play a good player.

A good player puts up a good fight because they know the ropes. A great player takes this skillset for granted and then provides a great challenge for a prolonged period of time.

Then I'm a scrub, and all who watched videos on this site to learn some combos and stuff.
I think what Belial meant was if you spend time reading stuff and watching vids online and still wonder without actually trying out in the game, then you're a scrub.

I meant that if you have the time to ask stupid questions "what makes good goood???" you're obviously better off spending this time elsewhere. Of course communitcation is important part of social activity blah blah, but still the more you wonder about bullshit like this topic is, the further you are from becoming a good player. That is all.

That maens i'm not a scrub, yea baby!:sc4tir1: Because when i watch a video, i try it out for myself as soon as i can.

I meant that if you have the time to ask stupid questions "what makes good goood???" you're obviously better off spending this time elsewhere. Of course communitcation is important part of social activity blah blah, but still the more you wonder about bullshit like this topic is, the further you are from becoming a good player. That is all.

or maybe it was a topic made to help out a new member and player who was interested in hearing people's answers but didn't want to ask himself...

and rigel, you have it all wrong. good players simply know when to hire a lawyer. growing up to be one is the scrubbiest shit ever. i know...i tried it...

If you're wasting your time wondering about useless shit on the web instead of playing the game - you're a scrub.

You could have said this with a lot more tact buddy.

Also, the point of this thread wasn't to learn, but for interesting conversation/food for thought.

If people really want to learn, I think everyone agrees that playing the game is way more effective than just discussing it.

Ever stop to consider that people (like me) like to go on 8wayrun because their bored? I don't take anything anyone says on here with any seriousness whatsoever.

A scrub is a player who's moves/ strategy/ gameplan is rigid, and involves no real-time tactics. Even if you have the command list down it won't matter unless you interact successfully with an opponent, this is why paper/ text based strategy will only take you so far without experience.

Erm... No, it's just a universal insult on fighters - eg. He's a scrub because he only uses two moves.
Or he's a scrub because he uses Cervy 1A/66B 'mixup' EH TOM? ^_~

ermm, umm... ee.. Ahh! Crap.

It was just one time, and i wasn't paying attention ... my Grandma was on fire..

My brother once run into a kilik spammer(xbl), kilik user was spaming the same A+B moves like 6A+B and 4A+B, while rising A+B, 2A+B etc... My bro was Raphael. When my bro was maining raphael since sc3, he know lots of tactics but in online he couldn't use them because his tactics were based on his reflexes. When match was 2 to 2 my bro was raged and spammed the same fking move (2A+B) over and over. The kilik user didnt know how to block low attacks then he lost the game, my big bro won the match. Now tell me who is the scrub? kilik user or my bro with raphael?

Edit: after match the guy with kilik send a hate mail. Said: I hate noobs. My bro deleted the message soon after reading it and did not respond.

Back