This thread is about GB Asura Dance and how pro it is.

I made an interesting discovery today that may be useful in performing JF Asura Dance. I was in Training mode trying to do JF Asura (which I have not done a single time yet) and it occurred to me to try doing regular Asura without the 6+B motion. And lo and behold, it worked, i.e. Asura Dance can be done like so:

B+K, 41236BB(B)

In other words, you can skip 6+B because you'll notice that 6+B really is included in 41236B. Or to put it another way, the 6B in 41236B plays the role of 6+B. You just have to mash on B 2-3 times.

Now, if this is confirmed by other players it may have significant implications in performing JF Asura more consistently, because it would allow you to drastically shorten the frame window between the 6+B and the 41236B motions. It would make it easy to fulfill the 5 frames requirement so the only thing left would be to ensure that your 41236 motion is a smooth one and that 6 and B are pressed in the exact same frame.

This occurred to me for two reasons: 1) Something-Unique gave me a hint on PSN to try and gimp the movement if I am having trouble executing it and 2) from the way I do FOTD (which I can do almost consistently now), which is instead of waiting for the A+G before starting the 46A motion, I do A+G and 4 at the same time, which of course is nothing new (it is one of the standard methods for performing FOTD).

Can somebody else try this so we can confirm it actually works and it is not my wishful thinking.

I tried your method, doesn't work for the JF to my knowledge.

Although I've been working on it for quite some time and I think I'm finally zeroing in on it now since I've been able to do it a few times lately. My main hang up has bee that I wasn't hitting 41236:B just right. I think the best way to do it is doing B+K 6+B relatively quickly which isn't difficult. Next work on adding 41236 in a smooth and timely fashion. It doesn't have to be rushed at all if you do the B+K 6+B quickly as I suggested. If you have a game (such as SF4) that lets you check your inputs in training mode pop that in and make sure your aren't missing any directions. You will have to determine yourself whether or not it is smooth(although that is relatively easy so don't over think it)

Lastly once you have that down and you can execute a smooth 41236 before the 6+B connects work on the placing of the last B. To my knowledge if you hit the B to late regular asura will come out and if you hit it too early the move will not finish. So if you've got the B+K 6+B and a smooth 41236(before 6+B connects) You can then just slightly adjust the moment you press B. If the move comes out as classic asura you're doing it slightly late so you can try to press B a frame or two earlier. I've been subtly tweaking the moment I hit B and have done it quite a few times now but I haven't perfected the timing yet. Give it a shot and remember to ensure that you are doing the entire first part correctly.

Interesting! That sounds just like the way Something-Unique does it, specifically the parts about not having to rush it and the requirement that the 41236 motion has to be done before 6+B connects. Several people so far (that have successfully executed JF Asura) have stated that 41236 does not have to be done incredibly fast, yet some others have said that it does have to be the fastest input, with one even claiming it has to be within 5 frames. So it makes me wonder.

I have actually started work on what I call the "JF Asura Project". The idea is to gather the knowledge of all players who have successfully performed JF Asura and compile it in one place (such as MS Word document or a Webpage). This is to help me learn how to do the move (duh) and also for the benefit of others like me who are still struggling with it. From the information I have gathered so far 2 major contradictions have arisen:

1. The speed of executing 41236. Some say do it incredibly fast (<= 5 frames ??), while others claim it does not have to be done that fast.

2. Some people say the timing of 6+B is irrelevant, others claim it should be done as a JF when B+K connects.

One of the things everybody agrees on is that 41236 does have to be done very precisely and smoothly and that B has to be hit at the exact same time (frame?) as 6.

So I am going to keep working on it and keep you guys posted on my progress.

Just out of curiosity, do you do it on a stick or the PS3 controller?

I'm using a ps3 controller.

The speed does not matter and the 6+B doesn't have to be a just frame. I just started hitting it numerous times consecutively and what I think is the case is that everyone has to find there own perfect rhythm. Doing 6+B as a JF isn't a requirement it's just a rhythm that people use. I've performed the 41236:B both slow and fast so speed is not an absolute requirement.

Right now it's working for me in between slow and fast although it's only about 40% consistent. I'm pressing B+K pausing just a tad then a 6+B then a shorter pause 41236:B. My suggestion is to try different methods and experiment with timing but the methods you use you should be able to actually mimc comfortably. What SU posted is completely correct but there are different ways(speeds) of filling those requirements.

ive been trying to figure out the timing and precision of this move. it looks to me that the guard break starts when the second hit of Asura connects. so going by that im thinking that the 6+b of 41236+b has to be input at the moment that the second hit 6b connects. i dont think its fastest input. its a smooth 41236+b input with the last 6+b being input as the second 6+b connects. ive only been to do the move using this method and not very good at it at the moment. suggestions???

ive been trying to figure out the timing and precision of this move. it looks to me that the guard break starts when the second hit of Asura connects. so going by that im thinking that the 6+b of 41236+b has to be input at the moment that the second hit 6b connects. i dont think its fastest input. its a smooth 41236+b input with the last 6+b being input as the second 6+b connects. ive only been to do the move using this method and not very good at it at the moment. suggestions???

Hm, very interesting. You are the first one to suggest that idea. So far some players have said that the first 6+B has to be done as JF at the frame B+K connects, but no one so far has said anything about the exact timing of the second 6+B. I will have to try that as well.

Do you use a stick or PS3/360 controller and if so, do you use the d-pad or the analog stick?

i play on xbox and use the analog stick. if you look at the videos of GB Asura you can see the GB start when the second hit connects. check it out and let me know :D

i play on xbox and use the analog stick. if you look at the videos of GB Asura you can see the GB start when the second hit connects. check it out and let me know :D

What you are saying does make sense. And yes, I watched videos of 2 different people doing JF Asura and in both cases the spark started at the moment (frame?) the first 6+B hit. So considering how all other Just Frames in Soul Calibur work, it make sense that you would have to hit the second 6B at the time the first one connects.

Many other players who can pull off JF Asura say that you have up until the moment the first 6+B connects to perform 41236B, which is not entirely different from what you are saying but at the same time it is not the same either. So the question is: do you have to hit 41236B BEFORE AND INCLUDING 6+B connects or do you have to hit it AT THE EXACT TIME 6+B connects? Or, if we want to geek out completely, let us put it in math terms like so:

Let t(41236B) be the time you have to hit 41236B and t(6+B) be the time 6+B connects. So then we have:

you claim that ===> t(41236B) = t(6+B)
5 other people claim ===> t(41236B) <= t(6+B)

Incidentally, I've been spending a lot of time in Practice mode trying to do JF Asura, with no luck so far, but I noticed that many times I did 81 damage (without wall damage). How is that possible? Regular Asura is only 69.

what i do is is B+K and slide to 6B kinda fast then pause till a little before the 6B hits then do the rest of the motion :)

I've finally decided to learn the JF Asura Dance and I feel I can do it fairly consistently after a bit of practice. My method, unlike babalook's, is after the B+K, I pause slightly and then do the 6B upon impact, and then I do the 41236B as fast as I can immediately afterward. It's actually a bit easier to do than I thought it would be.

this damn move is driving me crazy lol. seems like there is no clear button input or timing for this move as some very good caliburs players have stated very different methods.

Its all about the third hit. The jf of the second hit is to finish the 41236B on the first frame of the second hit. Kilik flash white before 6b hits so I don't know where yall got "6+b connects" from and 41236B gotta be quick but 5 frames ain't as fast as yall think.

what i do is is B+K and slide to 6B kinda fast then pause till a little before the 6B hits then do the rest of the motion :)

baba after the 6B input do you release the stick back to neutral then input the last part? also is the last input have to be pressed at the same time or just a really quick and accurate input then B? i know you have some recording equipment so a video of your inputs really would help us get an idea. thanks

Back