THUNDERDOME ONLINE SETS

THUNDERDOME UPDATE:

Players who are exclusive to online will only be allowed to participate in FT3s.

Players who have showed up offline (including locals) will be allowed to participate in a FT5.

Players who have gone to a local/tournament in the last month will be allowed to FT7

Players who have made top 8 at a major will be allowed to participate in a FT10.

Players who have won a major will be allowed to go up to a FT15

These rewards will expire in 1 year after earning them (This excludes the FT7 deal). Of course, these feats will be renewed if you accomplish them again.

Q: What if you are playing someone who is not eligible for a set as long as you?

A: That is okay. For example: An online player can battle an offline player in a FT5 IF the offline player requests it. A tournament winner can play a top 8 placer or below in a FT15. etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why am I doing this?

1) This is the most selfish reason, but I do not want to watch a player(s) who aren't good for an hour. Although this may come off as harsh, it is the truth.

2) Players who go offline will be rewarded for doing so. This is very important since we need to grow as a community and not have a bunch of people who just want to stay online forever.

3) Many people don’t want to watch a FT10 in general because they are lengthy.

If you have any comments or suggestions, I will listen. Don’t expect there to be changes unless the idea is brilliant.

I don't know why everyone wants to do a FT10 but those updates are fine. Nobody wants to watch an hour scrubfest.

Also Ramon needs to stop ducking me like MO got dicked at FR, or whatever gayness that went down at FR that I wasn't a part of, not that I would try to be a part of it anyway.

Y'all gay.

2) Players who go offline will be rewarded for doing so.

Offline accomplishments factor into "Online" matches now?? #Blame-The-Lag.

Any fighting game video that exceeds 30+ minutes long quickly becomes a snooze fest regardless of who's playing. #Truth-You-Don't-Get-More-Views-Regardless..

@Malice Oh right we were supposed to do a FT10 right? Totally forgot. I can do Tues-Wednesday 'round 5pm. or the next Sunday May 24th before 10pm.

Offline accomplishments factor into "Online" matches now?? #Blame-The-Lag.

Any fighting game video that exceeds 30+ minutes long quickly becomes a snooze fest regardless of who's playing. #Truth-You-Don't-Get-More-Views-Regardless..

I love how you speak as if views are the end all be all of life. In addition, please don't use the ADD/youtube generation as a baseline for attention span. Watching a long set showcases two players adaptability and the mental tug of war that is the essence of an extended set. New players looking to improve can certainly glean a wealth of information from watching a FT10.

please don't use the ADD/youtube generation as a baseline for attention span

Regardless of who's fighting in the ThunderDome it will get the same attention regardless, because the only people watching it are the same people who always watch them.

I understand your concept, but a FT3 with Wario Gamer would probably spike more excitement than seeing a "pro" player do a FT20 for an hour. Because you've seen those players play hundreds of times before.

You don't watch a lot of Thunderdome do you.

I've watched a few, I mean don't get me wrong I like the concept, I think watching good players play SC is awesome... But there's like 300+ hours footage of IRM's Maxi on the internet, do you think another hour long video of his Maxi is going to be biblical? It's gonna be the same stuff... Suggesting these players get "Extended Matches" online for doing good offline makes no sense because they're still within the limits of Online Play. #Blame-The-Lag!

But then again, I can honestly say I haven't watched more than 5 minutes accumulatively of those boring "Aftermath" videos. Too much stuttering, coughing, and limited subject matter... =P

Last edited:
I don't know why everyone wants to do a FT10 but those updates are fine. Nobody wants to watch an hour scrubfest.

Also Ramon needs to stop ducking me like MO got dicked at FR, or whatever gayness that went down at FR that I wasn't a part of, not that I would try to be a part of it anyway.

Y'all gay.
Nigga you gay.

Also, catgirl, shut up.

I've watched a few, I mean don't get me wrong I like the concept, I think watching good players play SC is awesome... But there's like 300+ hours footage of IRM's Maxi on the internet, do you think another hour long video of his Maxi is going to be biblical? It's gonna be the same stuff... Suggesting these players get "Extended Matches" online for doing good offline makes no sense because they're still within the limits of Online Play. #Blame-The-Lag!

But then again, I can honestly say I haven't watched more than 5 minutes accumulatively of those boring "Aftermath" videos. Too much stuttering, coughing, and limited subject matter... =P

I want Catgirl in a Thunderdome. Maybe an aftermath also.

Back