Tira Frame Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight from the guide.
TiraData-4.png

TiraData-5.png

Tag, you're beautiful. Mind doing this for the other characters thank you so much!
....starting with maxi :p

I can PM you Maxis, I actually scanned his as well for other people.
Who else did you need?
you should do it for everyone to take the burden off of me doing it =p im sure the 15 mins it takes to scan all of these is alot better than the hour+ time it was taking me to transcribe these by hand T^T

hello :)

thx for uploading this! maybe you could help me out, i'm not used to the SC terminology... what does
-impact
-block
-hit
-guard burst
-and properties
mean?
oh, and what is "frame data" and "tech"?
sorry, i'm a noob...

thank you!

Frame data is all the information regarding the number of frames in something.

Impact is the number of frames it takes for an attack to land. For example, an i13 attack takes 13 frames between the start of the motion and the attack landing. block and hit frame data are similar, in that they tell you the modifier to the frame data of your next action, depending on if your opponent blocked your attack or was hit by it respectively.
Photobucket is blocked at work, and I can't remember for sure if it's written with this exact terminology, but usually you'll see something marked as +X or -X. I usually see that as meaning you either add or subtract X frames from the next attack made. So, if I've got an attack that's +2 on block, if my opponent blocks, his next action will take an extra 2 frames to go from the block animation to the action landing.

Guard burst are the attacks that have lightning on them. They break guards.

Properties tells you if an attack does something weird. For example, A+B has the properties of being a built in guard impact and giving you a chance for a stance change.

Tech has a billion different meanings in the gamer community. You'll probably see it most in reference to new styles

Guard burst are the attacks that have lightning on them. They break guards.
Properties tells you if an attack does something weird. For example, A+B has the properties of being a built in guard impact and giving you a chance for a stance change.
I thought guard burst was the actually act of the guard breaking and the lightning moves are called "break attacks" hence the "BA" notation in the game's built in movelist.
EDIT: Frame data agrees with me since GS 66A has BA listed as a property.

The number under GB is how many of the attack blocked from neutral gauge it takes to burst. Since the guide is reported to have errors I'll be checking.

The number under GB is how many of the attack blocked from neutral gauge it takes to burst. Since the guide is reported to have errors I'll be checking.
Something about GB values: it seems that if you delay between your attacks when testing GB numbers in training mode, you burst the guard guage a little quicker. I used the lowest possible value for each attack, so bear this in mind when you're testing it.

Repeated concurrent attacks = constant rate of depreciating returns whereas small gaps make it reset so full break damage. Makes spamming fast breaks slightly less viable. Although Gloomy 66A pretty amazing.

Just remembered another "tech" that you'll probably see. When you Ukemi recovery, old(ish) school players still call it a tech recovery. There are attacks that are called "tech traps". They're attacks you use to punish a player who uses a tech recovery.

So why do most of the moves have just a "-"? They do zero guard gauge damage?

So why do most of the moves have just a "-"? They do zero guard gauge damage?
For the sake of time, we only included attacks that could burst the gauge in 15 attacks or fewer. Unspecified attacks burst the gauge too slowly.

Note that some attacks can reduce the gauge very quickly, but won't Guard Burst (such as Tira 44 [ B ]). Others can burst the gauge event though it takes 20 blocked attacks.

Note that some attacks can reduce the gauge very quickly, but won't Guard Burst (such as Tira 44 [ B ]). Others can burst the gauge event though it takes 20 blocked attacks.

People, please don't forget this important fact. Just because something damages the gauge doesn't mean it will cause a burst. So your move selection should change as your opponent approaches red state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back