Tira Patch Discussion

Namco has to fix JS 44B/GS 11_77B.
It would become really usefull with a guardbreak having actually GB properties. Or instead of making it super safe make it catch all tech.

Both options together would be too good I think :-)

OMG!!! Arnie, dont tease us!

i think if she could switch back and forth with a button command she would be like mid tier cause you could start of gloomy then when you at about half health you could switch to JS it would also alow some more good combos.

What I think would make her a lot better is if she could switch between her moods easier and more accurately. Also, her JS needs to get beefed up badly because it sucks. Her JS has nothin' good goin' for it; It's not very fast, it doesn't hit that hard, hell you can hardly even combo in it! The only thing good about her JS is that it doesn't kill her like her GS, which is a lot better all around.

Her JS 3K and 3A needs to be changed. Right now they're pretty much useless even as a counter hit. They're slow and hardly has any stun at all.

JS 3K is good as it is despite it's bad tracking.

About the moodchange, yes this would definetly push her to great heights.
Wish for a JS 44K buff to get at least 1/3 chance of moodswitching instead of 1/5 or what it is now....

Being fast doesn't make a move good. A move should have properties that reflect that speed though. JS 3K could use the stun it used to have and/or a damage boost. I know you'll all disagree with me but 3A is actually a good move (tho I don't mind buffs). Toy around and I'm sure you'll see why.

Being fast doesn't make a move good. A move should have properties that reflect that speed though. JS 3K could use the stun it used to have and/or a damage boost. I know you'll all disagree with me but 3A is actually a good move (tho I don't mind buffs). Toy around and I'm sure you'll see why.

yea, I used to hate 3A A LOT, recently i have began to try and work it into my game...

...personally i feel as though its the type of move that is meant to be blocked most of the time, if blocked it turns the opponent on a weird angle, and i can usually get a solid GI or 2 in...
What I think would make her a lot better is if she could switch between her moods easier and more accurately. Also, her JS needs to get beefed up badly because it sucks. Her JS has nothin' good goin' for it; It's not very fast, it doesn't hit that hard, hell you can hardly even combo in it! The only thing good about her JS is that it doesn't kill her like her GS, which is a lot better all around.

Her JS 3K and 3A needs to be changed. Right now they're pretty much useless even as a counter hit. They're slow and hardly has any stun at all.

alot of pppl feel this way about Jolly, while i do believe she's on a totally different tier than Gloomy Tira (if that makes sense) i dnt think that she sucks. Most her game depends on tricking the enemy into attacking, an messing with their head in a way that isnt like most other character's mind games... This, combined with patience and a few solid pokes, can make Jolly Tira pretty effective

I like JS better. I dunno why.
Maybe it's cause GS always make me want to go for big damage? :P

I've like both 3A and 3K at different times... But eh... They always drift out of my gameplan whenever I try to incorporate them.

Let me take the word "suck" back in my previous comment. It's not that her JS sucks, it's just that it's pretty "lack lustered[?]" compared to her GS. Though when I play Tira, I usually play her in her JS because I'm more used to it and it feels a lot more safer than her GS to me. When I'm in her GS, I always tend go for HUGE combos that usually fucks me up almost as bad as the character taking them thanks to her self-damage and the damage bufferin' system of the game. I'm trying to tune that down though......anyway, even though I use her JS more, I still wish it had more goin' for it besides being safe than GS ya'know. I wish it would at least combo better.

Ooh and I don't think that her 3A and 3K should be changed entirely [like a whole new move], I think their attributes [or what the do] should be changed. In SC3, her 3K and 3A could be used to start up a combo because that had a lot more stun than they do now. I think her 3K wasn't even shakeable on a counter hit [I don't remember]. but now they don't even stun at all. I wish they'd changed those moves back to what they were.

3K should definitely be an unshakable stun, just like how it used to be. She has no unshakable stuns in jolly except for 4A:A which only has three follow ups; 44K, AA, and K.

And I know this has been repeated several times, but GS 4B:B:B should NOT be THAT unsafe ><

Her 3K was 4K on console, and it was shakable.

Her biggest problem is the same thing Zas has. Slow attacks without enough advantage. Having a frame advantage boost for some of her attacks (AA/BB/K/3K/3A/1K/etc) would make Jollly more applicable.

GS just doesn't hit hard enough in my opinion. Now, some would argue that I'm wrong, and it's the damage she does to herself that is too much. Regardless, GS fix is fairly straightforward. Tone down self damage or up her damage output.

Back