Tira - Video and Discussion Thread

here's something to cure your scars okay?
sorry for the mess in your brains >.<

Have you guys checked out the new SCV 2nd trailer?

yes I'm drooling now... even hurt myself accidentally scratched my face with my lame o claws when I see that omgcute Tira's face
It's looking AMAZING! Too bad it's all in Japanese. I can't understand anything. lol

critique please.. should i have bk and 3aa more? hilde was super spammy i had no idea wat was going on outside of guard breaks. that string she did with the low on it and then grab i should have broke it since it was A+G throw every single time and or attacked. should have also gi after some guard breaks were blocked.

Jesus lol with the arrows. espically the high attack into the bow shot, shit sends you so far away on block. im sure to block low if i think thats the next move from now on.

critique please.. should i have bk and 3aa more? hilde was super spammy i had no idea wat was going on outside of guard breaks. that string she did with the low on it and then grab i should have broke it since it was A+G throw every single time and or attacked. should have also gi after some guard breaks were blocked.

- You should be quick dashing those vertical strings. Holding the up/down button isnt going to do that job. One youve dodged the move punish accordingly.
- Dont use JS 66B (BE) on block. Its a waste of metre.
- Throw more. Catch your opponent off guard.
- More horizontals, preferably GS 4A, 3AA, 66A. JS 6AB

These are little points. You can do alot more with practice.

- You should be quick dashing those vertical strings. Holding the up/down button isnt going to do that job. One youve dodged the move punish accordingly.
- Dont use JS 66B (BE) on block. Its a waste of metre.
- Throw more. Catch your opponent off guard.
- More horizontals, preferably GS 4A, 3AA, 66A. JS 6AB

These are little points. You can do alot more with practice.
I appreciate all these awesome pointers, and will continue to grow!!!! Here a few more any pointers please are more then welcomed.

Tryingout the ps3 video upload feature. Screwing around in Global Coli, I have no clue what Seigfried is doing 90% of the time, we were both just hitting buttons.

O.o I use all mine on JS 236 K BE, JS 66B BE, GS 3AA BE & GS CE
If i'm at a point where i'll land a 66B BE i'd rather use my meter for better damage then getting a tad bit more or a guard break for free when I can score a free transform (236K is so fast) or if I end up going JS after a 4k I can ex it and still get a decent bit of extra damage while staying GS

If you're on ps3 why not just use the auto upload to youtube feature?
Unless you're not, in which case disregard me haha
Edit: Nvm just saw you're on xbl, my bad.

Pretty certain it's guaranteed after JS 3B as well.
Yes, but doesn't 66A.A do more? I'd rather do that, 'cause most people air-control back and I headbutt to change.

If you're on ps3 why not just use the auto upload to youtube feature?
Unless you're not, in which case disregard me haha
Edit: Nvm just saw you're on xbl, my bad.
PS3 has an auto-upload feature? *so jealous*

Yeah, due to ps3 having a built in video editor in it. Lets you save replay > edit the video file > upload to youtube. The whole process takes about 5 - 10 minutes including upload time. Have to say it's definitly one of the nicest features i've ever seen for a fighting game outside of the gameplay.

I'll upload some vids of sets i've run with an asta/dampierre/voldo friend that I play practically every night later on.

alex: Your pokey style would've been great for SC4 Tira but you need to rushdown more. You seem to have modes that you switch between during matches. Don't try to pokey-pokey against Hilde. She has longer range. You need to make people want to duck into your mids since you love GS 3B so much. That one round against the 2nd Hilde you did GS 66A 66A 3A. That's one way to do it! I do like how you don't fear using GS 66B to start some sort of offense. Watch how Minerva uses the GBs. Also JS 4K -> GS is at least +19 like in SC4. You can get much more damage. Do 3B after. No reaction required since you either get the headache or you change mood.

Minerva: The biggest thing I'd recommend is to stay up in Sieg's grill. The spacing at the start of the match was nice to try and establish something but Tira can't do what she does best at range.

Some general points:

• Tira has the tools to keep offense better in this game. As we keep playing let's learn to take advantage of them all. GS 44K is slow and linear but has great frame data.
  • JS can't pressure as well as GS but JS 66B is almost back to SC3 status good. Low disadvantage on block and the pushback...mmm so good. It's definitely a staple. With the type of move that is you don't have to just block. Watch what your opponent does after. I've stepped after it into a back throw since they tried something linear after blocking it. GS 2A+B sets up this same situation without the pushback. 44A after is great but stuffed by horizontals. B+K would be good here against FC As but she may not reach the opponent.
  • Please don't get caught up in how good GS 3B is. Vary up your offense so you don't become predictable.
  • While moving around in JS have yourself ready to do 33_66_99AA or 33_66_99B to punish whiffs. In GS 33_99B.

Back