Tira - Video and Discussion Thread

There are two things I'd like to say. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to Decapon for winning EVO with Tira! :D Second... did anyone else find it a bit jarring how everyone was casually letting him get free taunts?

There are two things I'd like to say. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to Decapon for winning EVO with Tira! :D Second... did anyone else find it a bit jarring how everyone was casually letting him get free taunts?
Maybe people where afraid of getting hit if they tried something. Shen Chan stopped letting it slide when his back was up against the wall.

Tira with a bunch of clean hits in Gloomy would be like pre-patch Maxi lol. Having a good bit of clean hits only associated with her Jolly side would be a decent buff I guess.
Her clean hits are her stance transitions
Oh BTW, this wall combo is pretty hard to pull, been trying it and well, the A+B timing is pretty hard.
You can buffer A+B very early because BT B+K B A+B is a string, so timing shouldn't be an issue

The amount of free taunts Decopon got is proof those players feared him IMHO. Decopon's play was vicious despite the errors made on the other players' part (missed whiff punish opportunities, attempting to interrupt strings at the WRONG times, dropped combos) . He styled on Whoazz with that wall splat combo. Congrats to Decopon and Japan for winning and congrats to Tira for her first tourney win in the US to be at Evo, lol.

Two things I thought would never happen in this game, trololol.

1:43 for the godlike combo. The free taunts weren't really free. He used mixups out of it either 66A,A and 236KBE if you run in to interrupt. She also 4K's if you're close.

Your video isn't long enough :D
There sure isn't many A level Tira on PSN, to be honest i've never met any =)
Still, since EVO, i meet more Tira Overall.

IMO you were being a tad too defensive, and cautious. You could have utterly punished. Moreover you were grabbing quite a lot which would be detrimental in the long run.

That was a good match though :) . I actually wish you were on XBL.

IMO you were being a tad too defensive, and cautious. You could have utterly punished. Moreover you were grabbing quite a lot which would be detrimental in the long run.

That was a good match though :) . I actually wish you were on XBL.
Thanks for the feedback :) Though, I thought that he actually tried to grab me more than I tried to grab him. I was able to break three of his grabs in the second round but like an idiot, I ran at him and he rung me out lol

Have some more ranked mirror matches. These three were against the same player:

Game 1 (black shirt w/hat Tira, me)...not happy about my performance in this match:

Game 2 (black/green Tira, me):

Game 3 (white/blue Tira, me):

Have some more ranked mirror matches. These three were against the same player:

Game 1 (black shirt w/hat Tira, me)...not happy about my performance in this match:

Game 2 (black/green Tira, me):

Game 3 (white/blue Tira, me):

To be honest, your gameplay could have been better. More Taunt Cancelling, and better spacing. I didn't feel the Tiras you faced were that good. On XBL you'd definitely get a run for your money.

To be honest, your gameplay could have been better. More Taunt Cancelling, and better spacing. I didn't feel the Tiras you faced were that good. On XBL you'd definitely get a run for your money.
yeah, certainly not my best matches...I've been having a bad streak for the past few days :/. I hardly ever face any Tiras on PSN, so I figure that I'd record the matches when I do.

I'd definitely like to face off against really good Tira players. Overall though, even though they weren't my best, they were still decent.

Back