Tira - Video and Discussion Thread

This is my Tira
Please give me some advices to improve
Thanks

You actually have pretty decent movement with Tira. The main thing I noticed was the lack of meter usage. Tira's actually pretty good at building meter, especially in GS. You definitely want to use JS 236K BE whenever you get the chance. GS 66B BE/666B BE should be used almost all the time at the end of her BnB combo (GS 3B, 4A, 4K, 66B BE/666B BE), or even by itself to help keep pressure and momentum going, which GS Tira is very good at.

The main things I think are

you need to be more aggressive when attacking, go for more damaging stuff

you could do with using your meter more

but it was only one match so we can't see that much of your game

Can you explain more about “more aggressive when attacking". During the match I know I have trouble with attacking but still don't know what it is.

And about meter usage. I know it' weird but I ban myself from using CE and avoid using BE or throw too much to focus on improving footsie and poke moves.

Can you explain more about “more aggressive when attacking". During the match I know I have trouble with attacking but still don't know what it is.
I don't want to overextend my expertise, but I'll give you my input.
If you don't understand number notations get familiar with them: http://iplaywinner.com/storage/blazblue/joystickinputs/numeric-notation-reference-sheet.jpg

You use JS 11/77B way too often. It's a pretty good move but you don't wanna get predictable. Same goes for JS 1K. It's a pretty slow knockdown which has extremely small range and can be back rolled out of for a whiff punish or just blocked on reaction into a punish.

When you get any sort of knockdown (especially in GS) get in their face and pressure. GS WR K, GS 66/666B BE, or throw is a good mixup on wakeup. JS WR K is especially good because it has a decent chance of mood change, but it is predictable if the opponent knows of this enticing property. GS 66/666B BE is pretty safe when the opponent is waking up because if they stay on the ground or try to roll they will almost always get caught. If they wake up blocking they will be at disadvantage (+6) where you get a mixup chance.

When you hit with a GS 66A you can run up and GS 22/88B for additional wakeup pressure. Every knockdown you get you need to be on them or trying to whiff bait their wakeup to punish with 3B.

22/88A is also fairly safe (-11) to throw out a lot as you can hit confirm into headbutt (range permitting). If in JS you have a minor chance to mood change and you can GS 66/666B afterwards. If in GS then the 66/666B is practically guaranteed. I generally throw out a lot of 22/88As when in GS when the opponent is near the edge or a wall because you can get huge wall combos off 22/88A -> 3AA hit confirming or just ring out.

And about meter usage. I know it' weird but I ban myself from using CE and avoid using BE or throw too much to focus on improving footsie and poke moves.

Don't. I understand you are trying to improve your footsie/pokes but not playing with some of her stronger moves is a real detriment. Her CE is i13 and is great for punishing stuff that would normally push you back too far to punish, rings out linearly, it's -20 but fairly safe because of the range you usually use it at, it does great damage in GS, and it's her only guaranteed JS -> GS transform on hit.

She also has two very good BEs which you should get familiar with: as I said previously GS 66/666B BE tracks steps fairly well and is +6 on block. 236K BE is great in JS because it's fairly unblockable on reaction, knocks down, and has a high chance to transform her to GS; it's biggest weakness is that it's very linear, but if used close enough to the opponent you often end up far enough away to not get punished even if they step it.

Throws are a big part of Tira espcially in JS. Since she's much weaker in JS one of her stronger mixups is simply to attempt a throw for a 50/50. If they start ducking you can just punish with something else.

Here is a video of me and a friend's online match up for criticism. Very little JS and I dropped 3 or so combos which is pretty rare. I'll try to upload more in the near future.

funny thing is rugi players will even struggle fighting against their own main char....

If someone can record gameplay on xbox please contact me, I want to record mine :o
Xbox - Discord Parade <<<<<<Message me ^-^

I was posting some recent Leixia vids in the SA so figured I might as well put some Tira matches down too.

EBO (Berlin, Germany, 25th August):

vs Ring:sc2ivy1:

WF
GF​
Unfortunately my best Tira matches were not recorded.​
I can't find the 3v3 vids for some reason.​

Back