Tira - Video and Discussion Thread

It depends. If you keep getting mood changes then probably. I'm not sure when the limit is and they'll fall to fast for it to connect. I can check for you later. Not very optimistic about me getting three mood changes in a row. Lol

I was playing the other day with Wid0maker, and here are some matches we had, please criticize and advice. Oh if you wonder who is who, Im the one on the left side and Wid0wmaker is the one on the right side.

Good Aeon players are very rare in my experience. I actually came across one of the best I've played, ViruzCroc. Really gave me a run for my money. I still can't believe how I BARELY escaped getting hit by the UB at the beginning of the match XD

EDIT...here's another, rather than making a new post.

Some more games against Seigfried. Pretty much MKHSpartan is the only person who puts up with my Tira, the others just rage quit lol, so you'll be likely seeing just Seigfried matchups from me.
Got to love that Siegfried match-up experience. I also really enjoy playing your Tira.

Here's some more fairly recent matches against one of the better apat's I've played, ZeroPrism. His 1AAA timing is spot on.

ZUZU: You did some things in those matches that I liked. GS 44(B) oki is surprisingly underutilized and I was glad to see you used it where it was a force block. 6K into backstep is a nice spacing strat but not that great against Sieg for an obvious reason.

Wid0w: I feel sorry for that aPat ducking so much on wakeup. His CEs on wakeup were surprisingly effective. They worked though so can't argue with results. I would suggest looking at your matches and seeing if you can explain why you did the things you did to yourself. There should be a plan behind every move you make even if the plan is to be random and hope.

Those weren't my best matches. I admit I dropped the ball a few times in them...and sometimes random iz all I got! lol

ZUZU: You did some things in those matches that I liked. GS 44(B) oki is surprisingly underutilized and I was glad to see you used it where it was a force block. 6K into backstep is a nice spacing strat but not that great against Sieg for an obvious reason.
That 44(B) on oki is bloody annoying I can't roll it to the best of my knowledge because it tracks like crazy. At least if I am standing I can step it in one direction. It is also totally safe which is great for Tira.

So here's my Tira, I think she's coming along well, started using her maybe the a little of the end of last year, but I guess Im looking for tips and stuff, ways to improve with her. So here's a few vids.

Thank you Tira players. :)

It's been a while since I posted a match here so here's a couple of my more recent ranked matches against a Yoshi player.

Took me a couple rounds both matches to adjust to the flow of the fight.

Very slow response but here are my impressions KitKay. You did a few simple wall combos that I was surprised that landed as well as some double headbutts combos which I rarely remember to do, albeit riskier.

Your opponents didn't seem to know how to fight tira and you got away with a lot of stuff that I would consider unsafe. You use WR B way too much and 236K BE too little. You also don't use her long range pokes very much (GS 6A or 6B). Also I didn't see any (maybe missed some) frame traps. If you get them to block a GS 66A, GS22/44B, or GS 66/666B then you should follow up with frame traps. Some good options that I've found are 3B for backsteppers, and AA/3A(A) for mashers or side steps. 666B BE covers (almost) all their options at the cost of meter; it is almost impossible to sidestep unless it's max range, catches backdashes, and it is itself a frametrap. Their only choice is generally to keep blocking or parry. Once you get them blocking your frame traps you can start to do another advantageous move into another frame trap.

You had good use of GS 2A and 236K BE. I personally don't use JS 1K or 236K hardly ever because an opponent can react to it if they have a lot of tira matchup experience and they can punish it what just about whatever they want if they do. You also use a lot of jumping moves which I find to be very slow and not very good as far as jumping moves go (especially 7/8/9B), but you seem to hit with them fairly consistently so I donno. A very minor thing is that you didn't JG yoshi's 3 hit BE on the second video.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2fUrsaYEmFBsHRH8-6qwmA Uploaded some videos of me and a friend, onto YouTube.

Would love to know what you guys think of my Tira!

Did some fairly risky things randomly on the 1 of 4 video on the first few rounds. Good play on other rounds. I don't see you poking much but since hilde generally has better pokes than you can't fault you much. I, personally, don't like JS 3B > 66AA due to the long recovery of 66AA giving you less advantage after the end of the combo, but that's just my preference; I do JS 3B > 66K but lose a few damage.

In 2 of 4 you tried a combo that doesn't work which possibly cost you the game. You use JS 11/33B a bit too much imo. Got one of the cool JS wall combo. Don't know why you would try to get into GS when you have like 1 hp left as half of your good tools will kill you. (even if it was just baiting I would wait and let the tira player transform/do whatever if they are in JS)

3 of 4: commit to 66AA too much (overall). Open pressure with 44K is pretty bad.

4 of 4: Could have most likely rung out with WR B > B + K > A in the final round.

Good at JG/punishing a couple hilde moves. The hilde player is quite defensive imo and I think you might have a harder time against a more aggressive opponent. Overall I think you did pretty well but a bit risky at times. I'm nitpicking everything I see so don't take the criticism harshly.

Back