Title Collection - Missing a Few

I don’t see the title being fixed unless the developer is aware of this problem. They might not notice since only a small handful of people are trying for all titles.

Can someone with pc version of sc6 even find nightmare’s title in the files?

I think it may be safe to give up for a while, or at least I'm going to. I can't think of any justifiable possibility at this point, and nothing's worked after this long. Either it's bugged, or that's gonna stay as the one and only title I lack for a long while until either someone finds it, it gets fixed, or I happen to find it whenever I've decided to mess around with it again.
A darn shame. I've been doing research daily watching YouTube videos in the hope of seeing where someone uncovered this -- alas, nothing.

I'm almost ready to give up myself.
Sad but true, I've actually given up myself, not because I really lost all hope or anything, I've just exhausted all the possibilities that I can personally think of. I don't understand why they would make the one title all that difficult to get where most of the others are fairly straightforward, save for the ones related to random encounters. It's bizarre. If anyone has any other ideas, I'm more than willing to test, but everything that is related to Nightmare that is known in Libra of Soul, I believe I've done, with no luck.

Well, as much as TC's having problems getting Nighmare's title (which, hint hint, all the character's title names are based from the "trailers" they appeared with their "title" on their, which NM's should be "Azure Nightmare", I suppose).

Either way, I'm already getting through everyone's weapons maxed, though I don't have either Taki's or NM's personal title yet, even as so much going in circles to it. Maybe I'll find it, maybe I wont, but who knows.
All I can really say about Taki is that you shouldn't be level 90+ and you should have done the main story mission "A Warning" and then roam Europe, and you should find her, and you have to fight her twice after the initial encounter (A Warning) in order to get it. Azure Nightmare probably is what the title is, but Nightmare's trailer was dropped before they started putting titles in the trailers, and since it seems no one has this title, we can't say for sure.

I don’t see the title being fixed unless the developer is aware of this problem. They might not notice since only a small handful of people are trying for all titles.

Can someone with pc version of sc6 even find nightmare’s title in the files?
I'm not sure where to even look to find the title in the files, but even if we found the title, I don't know if that would tell us anything about how to unlock it, it would just be confirming its existence. Honestly, this is an incredibly minor issue, but it should be fixed, since it bothers us obsessive completionists greatly. But also, just on principle, it shouldn't be a bug that exists, and I'm not even really sure why it exists if it is a bug.

So I'm assuming that 2B doesn't have any Libra of Soul quests, or even an Ancient if you master her style, because you get the titles for her weapon mastery and quest automatically, and there's no slot for an Ancient defeated title. They may as well have just gone ahead and given you "Soul of 2B" for free too, while they were at it...

Someone on reddit made a post that suggests that with this update, that quests that you missed due to timing may show up again, which gave me hope that some ridiculous requirement Nightmare quest would have popped up, but I checked all my characters, and didn't get anything. Still, a few of you might want to check this out and see if you have any luck.

I'm planning to do another playthrough in the new version to test. As an odd thing, I actually don't have the style mastery title for 2B, even though I apparently should from what you're saying. You get a blue one and purple, blue normally being for Soul Chronicle and purple for Libra encounter, but I didn't get the red mastery title. So alongside missing Nightmare's, I'm just missing that mastery title.

Oh, it's been so long since I've gotten the mastery titles, I had the blue and red mixed up. There isn't a red one for 2B.

That's weird, since there's an empty extra slot for a title after the masteries, and Nightmare's is the only purple I'm missing. Guessing her Mastery title is bugged like Nightmare's purple, or a new character is necessary to get access to her master title. No other explanation for the extra empty title slot that came with the update.

Well, besides the "Soul Of..." titles that I could grind out later, yeah, I am missing these 3, lol.
12-21-2018_12-38-39_PM-4dvgeymd.jpg
12-21-2018_12-38-38_PM-yud42ehp.jpg

And yes, I went through both Good/Bad sides, went though all non-repeated quests, even ones that are triggered between sides. And yet, these 3 elude me, lol. And yes, I supposed Bamco goofed that 2B supposed to have a "Mastery" title, even if you master her style in LoS, nothing else appears, no Ancient, no title. I don't suppose we could call someone like Sectus/Fluffyquack to look around the PC version to see which specific titles are missing or hack them in to force unlock, lol.

I have a question about Fu Ma' Shadow cause it's now on my priority list.
I managed to get the first fight with Taki, unfortunately i can't trigger the second one, it was always a random "warrior stand in your way", when i get my char above 70 the purple encounter is always some random CAS as well. Is the second fight with Taki an very rare random encounter in the same region - "purple encounter" in Europe/mediterranean ? Or maybe i need to do sth before to trigger it ?

The problem with any of the purple encounters is that the higher level you get, the harder it is to get them, because they throw the high level mercenaries starting at 70 and again at 90. So while it's technically possible to still do them at high level, you're better off doing them before you get too high level, making a new character if necessary. It's a lot less of a pain if you're in the 40s-50s to find the purple encounters with Taki, Voldo, the Bandits, etc.

I have already a third char, because i want also a "Master of (Whatever Mitsurugi style has i assume it will be Katana)" So i will try again then with that next guy, and i will make sure to not lvl him up too much. less pain but also less gold waste, the region still the same by the way ?

Yes, the region should be the same, Mediterranean Sea area, only after you've had the first encounter with Taki which is a story mission. And glad to help.

So i got my char to 51 and to chapter 5. Right now i am hunting for Taki, i guess a lot of gold will be wasted :/ I didn't touch any other story elements just wandering around Europe.
BTW one thing i need to share with. This time my first encounter with her was while i was going to finish Shimazu Tournament in japan,
Edit
I Got it today, so i will drop a few words for other players
I got it on my 89lvl char, while i was traveling from Ostrheinsburg Castle to Novgorod in Russia right after i did that quest with berserker Groh. during enounter she speaks about fissure sealing so i guess maybe it is relevant, but i can't be sure.

Last edited:
It would appear that 2B's "Ancient" battle has finally been released… sort of…
2019-02-24_10-55-30_PM.png

2019-02-24_10-55-31_PM.png

2019-02-24_10-55-32_PM.png

2019-02-24_10-55-33_PM.png

2019-02-24_10-55-34_PM.png

2019-02-24_10-55-35_PM.png
First time I played through LoS in two months, and I happened to notice a book at Edgemaster's place that I didn't recall being there before; I had "mastered" 2B's style the day of her release, so it begs the question which patch did this fight come with?

Last edited:
2B’s Ancient was just added with the pre-patch for the first customization pack, though it’s unknown why it was delayed or why it doesn’t actually use 2B’s style. I didn’t know which style, not having done it myself yet, but I figured it may have been Mitsurugi, considering it’s also a katana but also because it’s the first style in memory bytes. It was theorized that it was supposed to be in the 2B patch but it was a glitch that didn’t add it but it was fixed, which might be true, but the Ancient’s style byte may have supposed to have been 2B’s but left default, I could see that possibility.

Which also leads me to believe that Nightmare’s quest title is also glitched, if this is true, but may sadly never be patched if the team isn’t aware of it. I’m not sure there are enough people who actually care about this to be able to get anyone's attention to actually address this issue.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mitsurugi's style was used as a placeholder during the creation of the patch… and then they forgot to replace him before it went live.

(Reminds me of the 3e Dungeons & Dragons' book, Complete Divine, listing the god Tharizdun's favorite weapon as "check toee" — "check Temple of Elemental Evil.")

Can anyone tell me how to unlock the title "A SOUL WITH NO TOMMAROW" iv been trying to unlock it but had no luck.

Can anyone tell me how to unlock the title "A SOUL WITH NO TOMMAROW" iv been trying to unlock it but had no luck.
I'm pretty sure that you get it from completing the mission "Sins of the Past", where you fight a level 60 Siegfried. It is at Ostrheinsburg Castle, though I couldn't tell you the specific requirements, because it's been so long, I'm sorry about that. I would think that maybe you would have to complete the Schwarzwind missions around the area, but that might not be required. I don't have any specific memory of needing to do anything special for it, so as long as you do all the side missions, it should come up. They might be missable, though, but the way I played my first character was do every side mission as soon as possible in case they were missable. You may have to start a new character and do the same. Check your quests list and see if you've done "Sins of the Past", and if you have, get back to me, and I'll look at what else it might be, but I think this is it.

In a reddit thread, I have possibly found that you may only be able to get this title while playing a "good" character, and same goes for Traveling Artist, because both of the fights against the level 60 Siegfried and level 52 Xianghua are not on my "evil" level 99 character while they are on my "good" level 99 character, despite both characters seemingly having done all of the prerequisite quests.

Oh, I made a video showcasing all the titles (except the one Nightmare title, obviously) at the request of @jhlax15 and I could've sworn I posted it here, but I guess not. If anyone was interested:

And I'm assuming no one's made any breakthroughs with Nightmare's title, either. Has anyone other than me put in a request in the Namco surveys to address this issue if it's glitched? I don't really have any hope that my solo voice is enough to get them to listen, or even just the handful of us in the thread, but I figure saying something is better than saying nothing.

Only thing I've done was take down Nightmare and the earliest Schwarzwind missions in Chapter 2, which I believe is the earliest you can do 'em; fortunately I finally got "all" of them, but it took me four playthroughs (screwed up my first "good" playthrough by choosing an "evil" option at the wrong time, and my second and third playthroughs were "evil" — yay for dialogue skip!).

…I'm going to laugh/cry if it turns out you have do something like beat the Lv99 Inferno on each and every available LoS save slot. XÞ

Back