Title Collection - Missing a Few

@DanteSC3
@Amesang
I just submitted this in the Namco survey:

Please fix the (apparently glitched) "Azure Nightmare" title in Libra of Soul mode. No one has been able to get it to unlock despite extensive effort.

Taking the unlock conditions for the titles associated with other characters into account, the quest in Libra of Soul entitled "He Who Comes from Darkness: Blood and Darkness" would logically be the one to unlock the title, as it is a fight against a level 60 Nightmare. It does not do so, however.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer, and also thanks so much for bringing Amy back to The Stage of History.

Well you know what? It's actually not glitched! Just incredibly unintuitive, and I bet all of you are going to collectively facepalm when I tell you how it's done. But I'll get to that in a moment. First, I have to post celebratory screenshots!!

6ppnDcg.jpg
s2CQYy3.jpg
y7onDfV.jpg
zpxtBHm.jpg

The fight itself is actually a complete joke, since it's first to two, and you both have infinite Soul Charge. Your life is depleting, but... that's nothing a weapon with life drain can't fix! And yes, you're seeing that date right, this takes place in the epilogue, after Nightmare has been quelled. The story buildup for this fight is... special. You walk into Ostrheinsburg Castle, pick up a tiny metal shard of Soul Edge, get apparently warped into the past, where you're inside Siegfried's body, confronting Nightmare, who is telling Siegfried to accept his sins and give in to the Nightmare. Then you fight, you win, and then you teleport back to the present, and the shard is gone. I... don't even really know how to feel about this.

Anyway, I've gone on long enough, now let's finally go over exactly how to accomplish this, and prepare yourself, because... yeah.

You have to do all three Schwarzwind missions, as well as the two He Who Comes from Darkness missions, and enter the epilogue with your scales tipped towards evil, or in other words, get the evil ending.

No, really, that's it. Sounds deceptively simple, doesn't it? But there's a snag, here, and I'm sure whoever programmed it just saw it as it's written above and didn't catch why this would be an annoyance and a half to unlock without knowing the specifics. The problem with these requirements is that the third Schwarzwind mission only unlocks if you fight Siegfried in chapter 4, during the buildup to the final battle with Azwel, and you only fight Siegfried in chapter 4 when your scales are tipped towards good. So you have to be good, but just barely, set up the battles with Xianghua, Kilik, and Siegfried, and then manage to turn evil by the time you reach the ending. So how do you accomplish this? Here's what I did:

First choice, choose the golden sword. Save Haoran. Steal a weapon from Ruslan. Run away from Nightmare when doing the level 60 fight, the second He Who Comes from Darkness mission. Pick the evil path when choosing between the two Astral Fissures (this was actually almost a mistake, so... actually don't do this, pick the good path here, just to be safe, I was just telling exactly what I did, there's a TINY room for error, but no reason to tempt fate). Salvage mistake (if you don't heed my warning) by doing a lot of side quests and picking azure sword and blue options, like letting Lyla go, to get back into the good before actually starting Chapter 4 (you can avoid this scenario by just taking the good path towards the two Astral Fissures, most assuredly). Do Chapter 4, fight Siegfried, do the third Schwarzwind mission. Keep doing more side quests and pick evil options, like defying the village chief in the Yoshimitsu quest and pick golden sword on a couple others. I got too many evil points overall, so that's why I believe just picking the good path on the Astral Fissures is a good plan for safety.

All of the credit for discovering this goes to reddit user Azynterrus, who obtained this information by looking at the files in-game. I just did the leg work to prove that the title is indeed unlockable. And now the rest of you all can get it, too. I didn't want to share this information and have it be a bust, so I wanted to be sure and test it first, and definitely confirmed that it's obtainable. It's just really, really, really, really, really contrived.

The "story" portion sounds like a reverse of the second Seigfried mission, honestly; or at least it felt like I was in Nightmare's body fighting Seigfried, from what I recall?

I'll try and test this out tonight, since my most recent file was as a (barely) good character who did the Xianghua, Kilik, and Siegfried missions, three Schwarzwind missions, fought Nightmare in Chapter Two, and pulled out Soul Calibur against Azwel; oddly enough I could have done this on my first playthrough if my good character hadn't turned evil so soon. XÞ

(Although what's got me facepalming is the name for your character; it reminded me of someone's text-only MST3K parody of "Dark Dungeons.")
Tom: "Oh we are playing a fascinating game called Vampire: The Masqurade™. We pretend to vampires and we are given situations and have to act out how our vampire would solve them. I am Lord Byron de Lestatula, I am a fourth generation kindred of the Clan Venture. My sire was Kimbos the Old and I have the powers of Animal Empathy and Major Butt Whuppin'."

Mike: "Wow! That is impressive. How about you Crow?"

Crow: "My name is Jerry."

Mike: (Confused) "Just Jerry?"

Crow: "Yup. That's me. Jerry the Vampire."

Mike: "So. How did you become a vampire… Jerry?"

Crow: "Well I just woke up one day and said, 'I'm a Vampire'."

Mike: "Ok…"

http://www.humpin.org/mst3kdd/

Well you know what? It's actually not glitched! Just incredibly unintuitive, and I bet all of you are going to collectively facepalm when I tell you how it's done. But I'll get to that in a moment. First, I have to post celebratory screenshots!!

6ppnDcg.jpg
s2CQYy3.jpg
y7onDfV.jpg
zpxtBHm.jpg

The fight itself is actually a complete joke, since it's first to two, and you both have infinite Soul Charge. Your life is depleting, but... that's nothing a weapon with life drain can't fix! And yes, you're seeing that date right, this takes place in the epilogue, after Nightmare has been quelled. The story buildup for this fight is... special. You walk into Ostrheinsburg Castle, pick up a tiny metal shard of Soul Edge, get apparently warped into the past, where you're inside Siegfried's body, confronting Nightmare, who is telling Siegfried to accept his sins and give in to the Nightmare. Then you fight, you win, and then you teleport back to the present, and the shard is gone. I... don't even really know how to feel about this.

Anyway, I've gone on long enough, now let's finally go over exactly how to accomplish this, and prepare yourself, because... yeah.

You have to do all three Schwarzwind missions, as well as the two He Who Comes from Darkness missions, and enter the epilogue with your scales tipped towards evil, or in other words, get the evil ending.

No, really, that's it. Sounds deceptively simple, doesn't it? But there's a snag, here, and I'm sure whoever programmed it just saw it as it's written above and didn't catch why this would be an annoyance and a half to unlock without knowing the specifics. The problem with these requirements is that the third Schwarzwind mission only unlocks if you fight Siegfried in chapter 4, during the buildup to the final battle with Azwel, and you only fight Siegfried in chapter 4 when your scales are tipped towards good. So you have to be good, but just barely, set up the battles with Xianghua, Kilik, and Siegfried, and then manage to turn evil by the time you reach the ending. So how do you accomplish this? Here's what I did:

First choice, choose the golden sword. Save Haoran. Steal a weapon from Ruslan. Run away from Nightmare when doing the level 60 fight, the second He Who Comes from Darkness mission. Pick the evil path when choosing between the two Astral Fissures (this was actually almost a mistake, so... actually don't do this, pick the good path here, just to be safe, I was just telling exactly what I did, there's a TINY room for error, but no reason to tempt fate). Salvage mistake (if you don't heed my warning) by doing a lot of side quests and picking azure sword and blue options, like letting Lyla go, to get back into the good before actually starting Chapter 4 (you can avoid this scenario by just taking the good path towards the two Astral Fissures, most assuredly). Do Chapter 4, fight Siegfried, do the third Schwarzwind mission. Keep doing more side quests and pick evil options, like defying the village chief in the Yoshimitsu quest and pick golden sword on a couple others. I got too many evil points overall, so that's why I believe just picking the good path on the Astral Fissures is a good plan for safety.

All of the credit for discovering this goes to reddit user Azynterrus, who obtained this information by looking at the files in-game. I just did the leg work to prove that the title is indeed unlockable. And now the rest of you all can get it, too. I didn't want to share this information and have it be a bust, so I wanted to be sure and test it first, and definitely confirmed that it's obtainable. It's just really, really, really, really, really contrived.

how in the world would anyone discover how to get the title on a normal play though. WOW...

It took 5 months for someone to finally point out how to get the title. Absurdly ridiculous requirements.

I was hoping someone would look at the files to determine the unlock requirements.

So I don't know what took longer; completing enough "Astral Fissure" missions to turn my vampire neko pirate "evil" …or waiting for all of the screenshots to upload to Xbox Live/OneDrive. XÞ Still, at least you can definitely obtain it long after completing LoS as a "good" character.
(In hindsight I wish I hadn't cut off the recording until after the title activated… but in my defense it was also 5-in-the-morning. XÞ)

EDIT: ImgTC has been down for awhile, and I probably don't have copies of the original screenshots anymore.

Last edited:

OK...so I was right on calling on the title, and you guys didn't think it was called that. But shit, it took this long, but its really convoluted to unlock it seems, lol. Well, I read up on Dante's notes, though chances are I might have to go through another playthrough of LoS to get this title, ugh. I also have another title missing, but I'll figure that one out, along with the "Soul of" titles I should get unlocked eventually.

Well since I've already got Taki's a while back now, its the middle one in between "Notorious Mercenary" and "Black Panther Warrior", and I hope its not the RNG warriors that Ruslan sent, cause that's probably going to be a pain. >.>

Well since I've already got Taki's a while back now, its the middle one in between "Notorious Mercenary" and "Black Panther Warrior", and I hope its not the RNG warriors that Ruslan sent, cause that's probably going to be a pain. >.>
Yes, that’s “Leader of Thieves”. As long as you keep your level low, it’s not too bad, really. I would probably just start a new character, rush Ruslan, take a weapon from his cart, progress a bit more where you’re close to the Middle East, and just start exploring that area. Fight numbers five, four, three, and two, as random encounters, then go back to where you originally found Ruslan to fight number one, and the title is yours.

I ended up doing it with a Lv99 evil character; yeah, it took ages, but I also nabbed lots of superior food and upgrades to be used by my later, good character.

Black Panther warriors is easy and no rng.

Just do all tutorial missions and quests in Africa will unlock.

Yes, that’s “Leader of Thieves”. As long as you keep your level low, it’s not too bad, really. I would probably just start a new character, rush Ruslan, take a weapon from his cart, progress a bit more where you’re close to the Middle East, and just start exploring that area. Fight numbers five, four, three, and two, as random encounters, then go back to where you originally found Ruslan to fight number one, and the title is yours.
Speaking of the thieves, who is their no. 1? These guys are the only encounters I have difficulty finding video of at this point. I have, of course, seen the quest where Fiddler and Miser attack the Conduit at the Valentine Mansion, but finding footage of the others is way harder than it should be.

Greed is one of them as well, yeah?

Speaking of the thieves, who is their no. 1? These guys are the only encounters I have difficulty finding video of at this point. I have, of course, seen the quest where Fiddler and Miser attack the Conduit at the Valentine Mansion, but finding footage of the others is way harder than it should be.

Greed is one of them as well, yeah?
Fiddler and Miser (as well as Greed) are actually in another group entirely. I can see why you'd think they were the same, but there's an overlap in their ranks that can't really be resolved, as well as the fact that the former group appears to be European, and are quite mysterious, while the latter group appears to be Arabian, and have an actual name for their group. But the information we have:

The Carabian Crew
(assumed) Number Six: Ruslan
Number Five: Marek
Number Four: Parizoda
Number Three: Ravshan
Number Two: Saud
Number One: Jafar

Mysterious Group of Thieves
Number Eight: Fiddler the Butcher
(assumed) Number Seven or Six: Bilk
Number Five: Miser the Breaker
Number Four: Greed
Number Three: Shylock

It's a little weird that there's a missing member (either six or seven) among the mysterious group, because there aren't enough members mentioned named to cover the numbers, but we don't know their top two, for certain. The mysterious group also has codenames related to money or scamming people out of it, a true mark of thievery. Fiddler and Miser also revealed they have codenames on top of their codenames, but we don't know anyone else's, other than theirs.

@DanteSC3
... Huh. Well, how about that. I totally got schooled on this.

I just need to hurry up and finish with "Final Fantasy XV" entirely so I can move on to playing SCVI myself. Which should be soon! The last DLC for FFXV comes out the same day Amy is going to release (the 26th).

And now that Best Girl is here, I really can't put SCVI off much longer -- I'm so damn stoked!

Thanks, by the way! =)

Hi everyone!
I need help with some titles :s
About Fu-ma's Shadow and Leader of Thieves..
I read here on this thread and also on reddit/etc. how to unlock these titles, but I had no luck so far :(
I just started Chapter 5 and I'm level 59, evil soul alignment.
I'm having trouble finding Taki around the Mediterranean Sea area, and I also can't seem to find any of the "thieves" exploring the Middle East.
So, my question is, which EXACT "route" did you take/travel in order to find these random encounters? For example, to try and find Taki, I'm starting my exploration from Athens and I go all the way towards west, so that I cross all the sea, but I can't seem to find her :(
Also, is it okay to cancel explorations when finding a normal random fight? (the "a warrior stands in your way" ones) i usually skip those fights and cancel explorations so that I can start over , but I got no purple random encounters so far, even if I don't skip these fights and travel again and again.
Last question, regarding the Schwarzwind missions, are these only three? I made two of them which were fights and then one which was only lore/story with no fight at all. Is this last only-story one the third or do I unlock that later? (I'm following the tutorial above on how to unlock the Azure Nightmare title, so I already fought against Siegfried in chapter 4 being good-soul aligned, then I did some sub-quests to turn evil and then I entered chapter 5).
If not, how do I unlock the third Schwarzwind mission?
TY to anyone that will answer and help me :)

So I had collected "Fu-ma's Shadow" before I started this thread, and I didn't exactly do anything special to get that one, I don't think, so the reality of that one may be just that it comes down to luck, really. That being said, the only character of mine that does have the battle that unlocks that title is my first character, who was 100% good, so it's possible that being good is a prerequisite to get this done. The only real reason I can see why that might be true is that the prerequisite, as far as I can tell, is getting the mission "Warning" in the main story of chapter 3, and if you're good, then that's the last time you'll see her in the main story. But if you're evil, then you'll run into her again in the mission "The Ninja Who Seals" in chapter 4, which might cancel your chances to running into her as a random encounter, for some silly reason. I don't know if that's true, it's just supposition on my part. The reason I'd even begin to say this is because the random encounters are titled "A Ninja's Warning: <subtitle>", and there are two of them, so they would seem to be related to the chapter 3 mission, though I couldn't tell you exactly when I ran into her as random encounters, as that has been so long ago. My experience with "Leader of Thieves" and "Abyss Walker", though, just tells me that in general, you want your level to be as low as possible to have the best chances of getting the purple random encounters that are related to titles, as if you level too high, you'll just run into the Lv. 90 Unknown more often than not. That being said, others have reported unlocking a mix of these at level 99, so it's not impossible, just improbable. But my memories, faint as they are, tell me that when I said "Mediterranean Sea", I literally meant the sea, as in your encounters should be taking place in the water area. Maybe others can confirm/deny this.

I made a third character to obtain both "Leader of Thieves" and "Abyss Watcher", and I had both of these titles in Chapter 4, and I didn't complete the game with this character, because I only made it for the purposes of getting those two titles. I didn't have any particular set path in mind, so I pretty much just chose whatever, mix of good and evil choices, so I'm sorry that isn't really helpful to answer your question the way you're asking it, except perhaps indicating that both of these titles are irrespective of good/evil, which would make sense, because Voldo is pretty neutral, and the Carabian Crew aren't really good or evil either. If there is any prerequisite to getting "Leader of Thieves", I would say that you absolutely have had to have stolen a weapon from Ruslan during the main story mission as you pass through on your way to Edge Master's cave. It just seems natural to me that you would, because he's related, and it sparks a conflict between you and the crew, otherwise I don't really know why they'd have a reason to just attack you. But I just cruised my way through the main story until I was in the Middle East (which was Chapter 4), just in case if I lost a fight, I wouldn't have to trek across the world to get back to where I was. But I pretty much just did the infinite random missions that occasionally pop up in the Middle East area to establish travel points, and just went back and forth over the area that would be Saudi Arabia and I eventually found them all. It wasn't quick, but it was definitely not terribly too long either. That character in total is only level 54, after having done nothing but story to that point, and only fighting the encounters inbetween fights seeking out the thieves. I did cancel a few times, but not often, particularly if I'd run into a higher level enemy, and I didn't want to get a lot of EXP, but you never know that if you do cancel, the next purple encounter might have been on the rest of that route, sooo... yeah.

About the "Schwarzwind" missions, yes, there are only three, and yes, the third one is just dialogue, no fights. But if you don't get the dialogue, telling them that you'd seen Siegfried, then you won't be able to get either "A Soul with No Tomorrow" or "Azure Nightmare", as it's a prerequisite for both.

I think I'll go and pick Azynterrus's brain about the random encounter quests, to see if there are any more specifics in play that I'm not considering, but I've told you what I know. If I get any new information, I'll surely report back.

Back