To See What is Right: Yoshimitsu Combos

That's ACable (to the left only, probably), there's footage of me trying the same thing and it whiffs after first hit of 6AB.
at 5:08. Maybe I hit the 6A too early though?
Hopefully it can't be AC'ed when it hits lower, I'm not really liking his meterless post-launch combo options.
Anyway, I think you want to spend the meter on 4A BE every time after launches (except for 3B), apparently it combos into 66A+B after you turn around.

Maybe this will open up some UB tech trap possibilities too.

This combo is seldom seen:

I remember when I first saw a combo like the above in Tekken Tag back in 99.

During the last SCVI tournament I also saw Yoshi perform a "triple sweep", which I hadn't seen before either.

22_88K BBB

Also combos into 6BBBB

@19:58
(CH) 214A into 3B

@25:28
Not a combo but potentially nice setup?
22B 6K,A+B 236A+B

Last edited:

@12:05
6A+B FLE_K MED_A
Crazy looking combo lol

@14:08
CH (6A)A dash up 3B

@15:42
DGFB 22B tech trap

Last edited:
I haven't played SC5 for ages and hadn't really been following the SC6 buildup etc, so first impressions on getting into SC6 is that I have no idea what I'm doing any more, but after that I really miss aB+K after launching, it just felt really satisfying for some reason

@Swenzy

22B 9K is character specific, I wonder if that tech trap is, too. Please test or divide up a portion of characters to test.

Another character specific combo is FLE B 4AA+B. What I have so far is in the opening post.

Sup guys. I found a combo video thats pretty decent. Some combos I don't think I've seen listed here. Anyway, rock on Yoshi bros. I'm a PC player because im poor but you can add me TheMadBonger on steam for some yoshi mirrors if willing.

2 things:
LH 22A 2(B) half-charge; i can escape this one by standing up and stepping. Is there something im missing.
But, if you land 22A close enough, you can dash and land 4A A+B combo for 110 damage.

Really finicky to get the dash though

Last edited:
2 things:
LH 22A 2(B) half-charge; i can escape this one by standing up and stepping. Is there something im missing.
But, if you land 22A close enough, you can dash and land 4A A+B combo for 110 damage.

Really finicky to get the dash though
Updating. Seems a lot of my 2(B) setups need retesting.

CH 2aB, WS AA+B, DGF A+B is legit if the 2aB hits point blank. The WSA whiffs at spacings farther out.

Edit:
Might only work on fat hitbox characters. I was nailing this on Groh, but can't get it vs. Maxi. Looks like it's limited to the Groh/Asta/Voldo etc sized characters.

Last edited:
Testing Shark Attack string combos today. Note that 66B+K never combos into the A+B follow up except on LH, which doesn't give the desired launch, but the A+BK follow up is actually a Natural Combo. For all of the below, assume that you've conditioned the opponent to block 66B+K and not expect a follow up, or that you did something like whiff the 66B+K and then continued the string if you anticipate a punish. You'll only ever land this string through mind games. I'll denote the whiff or irrelevance of the first hit by putting it in parentheses.

That said, on to the combos:

(66B+K)A+BK, [G], 9K, 4AA+B[2], 44B+K, 3BB - for this one you need to hold [G] after the K launch to turn back around after the A+BK part of the first string launches, because they get sent behind you. Ditto for anywhere I make the same notation below.
(66B+K)A+BK, [G], 9K, 6KA+B - for the ring out.
(66B+K)A+BK, BT 2A+K - Because swag. You have to time the 2A+K pretty carefully.

I'm sure there are more permutations on this. Also, the [G], 9K, 4AA+B might be a tall characters only thing. I was testing on Groh, didn't try it on Talim or whatever. Of course, you can skip the 9K, and just go straight into [G], 4AA+B instead.

Edit: Tested on Talim - she Ukemi'd the last hit of 3BB, but that could be a spacing thing. Either way, the combo is mostly legit.

Bonus nonsense -
(66B+K)A+BK, BT 2B+K, BT IND 2A+K appears to trap all Ukemi directions lol. Total nonsense, but we don't play Yoshi to not do nonsense, amirite?!

Further Edit - was just testing the BT 2B+K, BT IND A+K stuff, and uh, IND A+K hits grounded, so I think this is actually just a real combo? Ridiculous!

Last edited:
44K, iWS AA+B, DGF A, W!, 6A+B, FLE [B.], 2aB, WS B, W!, 44bA, 9K, 4AA+B[5,2], 44B+K (3BB... maybe?)
44K, iWS AA+B, DGF A, W!, 6A+B, FLE [B.], 2aB, WS B, W!, 44bA, CE

I made a vid to illustrate:

@Ceiwen Thanks for adding. A few quick notes for you:

1./ 44bB will give you the LH if you use it after a guard crush, so it's our best combo starter there. Very practical.
2./ (starter), W!, 6A+B, FLE (B), 2aB, WS B, W!, (ender) is the highest damage "filler" section for wall combos. More than just 2aB, WS B.
3./ 2(B) isn't guaranteed there - there are ways to escape it, like forward Ukemi into sidestep, or Soul Charge activation.

Btw, if you aren't in the Yoshimitsu Discord, you should definitely join! 8WR forums are sadly pretty inactive, but players like Signia, Boom, and myself have been doing a lot of work to aggregate Yoshi tech in the Discord. In particular, take a look at the #faq channel and check out the combo sections in the FAQ I wrote.

Yoshimitsu Discord Invite

Bonus:

I recently did an instructional video on Yoshi's Low Wall and Wall Break Ring Out Combos. Check it out!

Back