todays music sucks

Too bad I guess.

At any rate we live in the age of the internet. The ease of communication has made it like a billion times easier to find new stuff. Sadly, it's also made it such that the popular bullshit spreads much faster and thus tends to be a lot more obnoxious if it happens that you don't like it.

It actually genuinely upsets me sometimes that even with an amazing tool like the internet most people just like the exact same bullshit everyone else does.

But you know, at least that option is there if you ever feel like being adventurous. (And no I'm not saying all mainstream shit sucks.)

And trust me, if you look, you will find a lot of cool fucking shit.

Too bad I guess.

At any rate we live in the age of the internet. The ease of communication has made it like a billion times easier to find new stuff. Sadly, it's also made it such that the popular bullshit spreads much faster and thus tends to be a lot more obnoxious if it happens that you don't like it.

It actually genuinely upsets me sometimes that even with an amazing tool like the internet most people just like the exact same bullshit everyone else does.

But you know, at least that option is there if you ever feel like being adventurous. (And no I'm not saying all mainstream shit sucks.)

And that doesn't mean looking for k- or j-pop. It's the same shit but in a different language.

What exactly do you think a boy band is?
Amazing (O_0)? Why do you ask?

LOL I decided to edit this a bit. LOL if you just "listen" to a boy band you really can't tell if their good looking or not. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can't lump "music promotion/advertising" in the same category as the actual material. Does that make sense? I'm not listening to a boy band just because I think they are attractive. (Like when I was younger and 98 degrees came out. I hated their music but I still had a poster of the members topless in my room so I got the eye candy without the ear ache. lol)

Too bad I guess.

And that doesn't mean looking for k- or j-pop. Its the same shit but in a different language.

I have appreciation for a wide variety of music as I think I thoroughly demonstrated in my very first post in this discussion. I just disagree that popular=shit or that if something is unpopular it gets a softer critique (believe me there is a lot of things that are not mainstream that when I hear it I thank the universe that it isn't or I'd blow my brains out.) because being "anti mainstream" is actually its own "main stream" Oh and as far as K or J pop goes I never said it was any different from boy bands that sing in english. Then again I don't see anything wrong with girl/boy bands because having a multitude of voices with several pitches has it's own appeal. Also on a completely unrelated to music note I find Asian men sexy so Boy bands appeal to me on more than just a musical level. Music like religion is a personal choice and as much as I or you might want everyone to support our favorite bands and see their obvious genius it just isn't going to happen.

lmao bands in K-Pop are a lot- I mean -a lot better than what we have in the west. They're all trained to know how to sing, dance, function in a group properly, know how to live together with at least four other people, all this for a good one year, likely to be more. That's why most of them have lasted together for years at a time, pulling out chart-toppers in Korea one after another, aside from the quite short-lived "mainstream bands" here, like N*SYNC, or the Backstreet Boys, or the New Kids on the Block.

Also, the music industry is a lot busier there than it is here, with bands and artists debuting each year, as well as everyone of them pulling out a song or an EP every few months, so there's no reason to fear drastic changes in musical development.

Let me just start off by saying not everyone in todays music sucks but many do! I'm 15 but I love mj, the Beatles, madonna, cher, bruce Springsteen, led Zeppelin, the goo goo dolls for ex......there's too many great artist to list, my point being I can't stand most of the stuff today! Katy perrys catchy but nothiing special, lil wayne just....lets not even go there, the only great artist in the last 10 yers is adele and gaga (my opinion!) I think I was born in the wrong time, what do you think about todays music?
*Sigh*

Really? Do we have to go through this shit again?

Is everyone aware that this complaint comes up EVERY GENERATION? And it's ALWAYS THE SAME? "Today's music is shit! We should be going oldschool/underground!"

The only reason you value them is because they're difficult to come by. People value what is hard/impossible to get. Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got till it's gone?

This is it. The odds of oldschool music coming back is far less than music staying modern.

C'mon guys. This is getting stupid.

I just find it pretty funny that people get stuck in their time period so easily.

music sucks now. But 80's music is great!

On what grounds? There are tons of gifted inspired and intelligent individuals in the industry today. Try looking somewhere off of the radio if that is the stuff that bothers you so much.

Watch in ten - fifteen years from now it will be the teenagers of today complaining about the music of tomorrow.

Media sure trolls hard:
- Justin Beiber Shoe... a regular new shoe... getting a damn museum entry.
- A bronze statue made of him
- A street named after him thanks to a little girl who wasn't spanked hard enough.
- Cody fuggin' Simpson. A kid who actually looks like a candy cane in his debut view.
- Lil wayne winning a grammy...
- "The next star" featuring the worst child singers you can find, and telling them they're good.

Rappers biting off of Biggie and Tupac's lyrics Verse for Verse...(Lil wayne / Jay-Z)
Girls growing more and more selfish, vain and snobby because they can't find men like Beiber, fangirls getting SO jealous over selena gomez and threatening to kill her if she "breaks is heart"

There should be a set point to what can be seen as good and what can be seen as mediocre.
Music is about, Lyrics, Message, flow, harmony, content and passion. If you were really in the industry for the sound you would put out what you really feel, not fake your "talent" with auto tone, or gimmicky mind rotting words that may no sense or just seem derogetory promoting hate to a people or life style.

If you haven't noticed newer over exposed stars are only valued on image and not on actual talent. What they wear is always on mind over what they say. Bieber is the best example. Girls love him because he looks good to them. And at that age girls tend to believe in everything they fantasize about with his persona.

I like how people are presenting their opinions as facts.

good music is different to every ear. Notice even if two agree that todays music is bad. They will disagree as to what real good music is?

What is wrong with the music of today? Auto tune? Sex? Stupidty?

Well america. . . If it didnt sell so god damn well!. . .

i've been finding myself dabbling in international music. i just love flamenco and jazz. most of my faves are Spanish like Buika, Benise, or Shakira. i'm guilty of listening to bands i find through anime though, lol.

some of my favorite music comes from video games though. i just love the soundtracks to Bayonetta, the entire DMC series, and the Assassin's Creed series.

i've been finding myself dabbling in international music. i just love flamenco and jazz. most of my faves are Spanish like Buika, Benise, or Shakira. i'm guilty of listening to bands i find through anime though, lol.

some of my favorite music comes from video games though. i just love the soundtracks to Bayonetta, the entire DMC series, and the Assassin's Creed series.

lmao bands in K-Pop are a lot- I mean -a lot better than what we have in the west. They're all trained to know how to sing, dance, function in a group properly, know how to live together with at least four other people, all this for a good one year, likely to be more. That's why most of them have lasted together for years at a time, pulling out chart-toppers in Korea one after another, aside from the quite short-lived "mainstream bands" here, like N*SYNC, or the Backstreet Boys, or the New Kids on the Block.

Also, the music industry is a lot busier there than it is here, with bands and artists debuting each year, as well as everyone of them pulling out a song or an EP every few months, so there's no reason to fear drastic changes in musical development.
You are my new favorite person. :)

You're going to tell me this is the only era with successful shills now?
Not at all. It's the era where "shills" are most successful, and where no one cares about your buddy lasercakes' continuum fingerboard, despite how awesome it is.

For that matter you're the imprimatur of good taste now?
I thought you were, when you implied that Ladytron sucks...? I don't place judgment on any artist or band without some kind of musical analysis to back it up, usually pitch when it involves pop artists. Taste is subjective while sound and pitch quality are not, because they are quantifiable in Western music. An exception to this would be obscure third-world music where they use different, more forgiving tuning systems.

There are tons of gifted inspired and intelligent individuals in the industry today. Try looking somewhere off of the radio if that is the stuff that bothers you so much.

Modest Mouse
Radiohead
The Strokes
Fall Out Boy
Daft Punk
Lady Gaga
Linkin Park
Vampire Weekend
Death Cab for Cutie
Arctic Monkeys
Deadmau5

I could go on but i dont see the point. Look up these guys and tell me they are not talented. I dont care if you dont like their music, but you cannot deny the talent.

Back