Top 10 Pyrrha moves

I do feel like it will become GI/jG bait after a while, but I don't think that point will come too quickly. It can be stepped in between hits too, but that's kinda hard from what I can tell.

You guys are stepping 66B BE before or after blocking the first hit? I can't manage to do it after blocking the first hit. It is easy to gi the 2nd hit, and if you really time it right, you can A+B auto-gi it (annoying not to get WR A+B though from the force crouch). Its not too bad to just guard it (at least in training mode), definitely a move to learn the timing on that for.

I'm finding myself using my meter almost exclusively for this brave edge and not bothering with saving up for her critical edge (which while good, 66B BE 22BAK is essentially just as damaging).

66B BE into 6B+K is the greatest thing for forward ring outs against anyone (or the cpu for that matter) who doesn't respect the massive frame advantage despite the obvious guard break effect...

Oh, and after playing a bunch more, I do like 22K a lot more now. It appears to be -5 on block.

You guys are stepping 66B BE before or after blocking the first hit? I can't manage to do it after blocking the first hit. It is easy to gi the 2nd hit, and if you really time it right, you can A+B auto-gi it (annoying not to get WR A+B though from the force crouch). Its not too bad to just guard it (at least in training mode), definitely a move to learn the timing on that for.

If you're having problems stepping the second hit, you can buffer 8wr left moves after you block the first hit, it's easy. 66B BE is very gimmicky, won't be long until people start stepping the second hit.

Just Gard on reaction is pretty easy on 66B BE, I'd say it becomes around -18 on block.
It remains a great whiff punish move though.

6K is great fun then follow up with the ground stabby stabby

I have to amend my top 10 to include 22_88A and CH 1K.

I'm finding myself using my meter almost exclusively for this brave edge and not bothering with saving up for her critical edge (which while good, 66B BE 22BAK is essentially just as damaging).

66B BE into 6B+K is the greatest thing for forward ring outs against anyone (or the cpu for that matter) who doesn't respect the massive frame advantage despite the obvious guard break effect...

Oh, and after playing a bunch more, I do like 22K a lot more now. It appears to be -5 on block.
I posted this in another thread recently. I've also resolved not to use her CE anymore, as her BE attacks are much better. Here's something I don't hear people talking about yet.

FirebyrdXX
I'm discovering more uses for her meter outside of 66B BE, which is probably her best offensive option.

First off, I've kind of resolved to never using her CE. The damage just isn't that great even in combos, especially compared 66B BE, 88BAK which does almost as much damage for half the cost. Not to mention if you're near walls, you can occasionally miss some of the later hits.

The other is for defensive purposes. In either 236AA BE or 4AAA BE the last hit can be used to knock your opponent away if they're guarding. So if they block the first hit, if you train yourself to do it, add the BE and you'll either hit them from surprise for weak damage, or knock them away out of punishment reach. Always useful against those that think you wont use those moves if they know how to block it. This helps keep your options open for better mind games.

haha I can't say I like her be options more than her ce.

a lot of people here are stepping 66b,be and punishing hard for it. I mainly only use it now as tech trap or if I anticipate an attack or step on wakeup ... as the first hit doesn't seem steppable for the be version.

as for ce ... the damage is too good on the ce not to consider. 3b, ce is 89 dmg ... so if you were to get a situation where you can get a free 3b punish ... normally you'd only get 50 dmg [or 62 if you opted for just a 236b:4 punish]... but 50 vs 89 is quite a lot for guaranteed damage.... much more than trying to anticipate the other player getting hit by 2 be's.

66b BE is overrated. good players jg, step, gi it...

gotta make sure you hit with this move or use it as oki... still a good whiff punisher & great in combos.

People are wising up to 66B BE now. I'd just take the guaranteed CE off a launcher than get the 66B BE blocked or punished.

It still has its place in GB/Wall splat combos as well as tech traps and on wakeup though.

Ah, you see, I use low attacks so much that by the time they get used to it, I can start throwing out the 66B BE. Usually by the end of the second round. I actually use 66B by itself very rarely. I've pretty much only ever used that move when they're on OTG anyway as it is indeed sidestep fodder.

Back