Top 10 Pyrrha moves

my top ten are as follows( im gonna go ahead and exclude aa bb and 236b:4JF from this list since these are her core foundation and should always be used)

66a: butchers step TC mid , leaves the opp turned slightly.

3a: another TC step butchering mid, deceptively good range. punishable but only buy a select few because of pushback

2a: highly underrated, it baffles me how this move goes unmentioned, TC i13 move that is PLUS 8 on hit...think about all you can do with +8 for a moment.....

1k: yes yes, we all know its -1 on hit.... not even close to a big deal... first of all people are not going to react within a single frame after getting hit by this.... you have a i11 frame aa that will beat out almost anything they do , because 11 characters in this cast can not even punish a -12 frame move.... thats nearly half the cast. and if they do, whats to say you didnt do a 2a to punish their aa? the risk after this move is super minimal. oh and on CH it leaves them in perfect oki to have to guess between 1k, 66b, or throw....oh and on CH 1k 66b BE catches all techs..

44a: oh look another step killing mid , and this one is only -3 on block and on CH it launches !

44b: oh look! a TC launcher, i22 , only -14(sure freee stab but hey thats better than most) and it guard breaks after 9 of them. not too shabby

4b: a TC high that is +o on block , does tons of guard dmg, and gets you lots of dmg on hit. can be stepped or ducked and a lil slow, but come on, if this didnt have those downsides this move would be straight suspicious!

b+k: a TS and TJ mid that if it shows a CH you get b:4(just) for free afterwards, its essential to learn to see the counter hit spark though, will take some practice but the pay off is totally worth it. if you ever see some one doing a low, if you can react to hit guard and down... you can react to hit b+k. im still working on this myself but if you can turn every low they do into free damage for you you become 10 times as scary.

66b: mid, launches, catches all techs in certain situations and ITS SAFE. the BE version is also very worth mentioning... sure it can be sidestepped.... but until they show you that they can sidestep it on reaction there is no reason to not use it, besides what if they teched? thats hella dmg, so all in all the risk vs reward is worth it imo.

her throws: her b+g throw is amazing... can clean hit for 65 dmg and it leaves the opponent to have to eat a brain dead oki that is in your favor... then she has 66a+g which has a smaller tech window and will force them to stop teching b all the time

yes half my list was half purely step killing moves, wanna fight about it? =p

and quick note..... yall need to stop listing her 4aaa string... that shit is no good and it never will be. straight up early game gimmick.

2a: highly underrated, it baffles me how this move goes unmentioned
How can you be baffled when you just said this at the beginning:
( im gonna go ahead and exclude aa bb and 236b:4JF from this list since these are her core foundation and should always be used)
You fail for not picking her 10 best moves. You attempted to look cool by listing what's underrated. My top 10 list is factual and the end-all, be all. Get on my level.

my top ten are as follows( im gonna go ahead and exclude aa bb and 236b:4JF from this list since these are her core foundation and should always be used)

66a: butchers step TC mid , leaves the opp turned slightly.

3a: another TC step butchering mid, deceptively good range. punishable but only buy a select few because of pushback

2a: highly underrated, it baffles me how this move goes unmentioned, TC i13 move that is PLUS 8 on hit...think about all you can do with +8 for a moment.....

1k: yes yes, we all know its -1 on hit.... not even close to a big deal... first of all people are not going to react within a single frame after getting hit by this.... you have a i11 frame aa that will beat out almost anything they do , because 11 characters in this cast can not even punish a -12 frame move.... thats nearly half the cast. and if they do, whats to say you didnt do a 2a to punish their aa? the risk after this move is super minimal. oh and on CH it leaves them in perfect oki to have to guess between 1k, 66b, or throw....oh and on CH 1k 66b BE catches all techs..

44a: oh look another step killing mid , and this one is only -3 on block and on CH it launches !

44b: oh look! a TC launcher, i22 , only -14(sure freee stab but hey thats better than most) and it guard breaks after 9 of them. not too shabby

4b: a TC high that is +o on block , does tons of guard dmg, and gets you lots of dmg on hit. can be stepped or ducked and a lil slow, but come on, if this didnt have those downsides this move would be straight suspicious!

b+k: a TS and TJ mid that if it shows a CH you get b:4(just) for free afterwards, its essential to learn to see the counter hit spark though, will take some practice but the pay off is totally worth it. if you ever see some one doing a low, if you can react to hit guard and down... you can react to hit b+k. im still working on this myself but if you can turn every low they do into free damage for you you become 10 times as scary.

66b: mid, launches, catches all techs in certain situations and ITS SAFE. the BE version is also very worth mentioning... sure it can be sidestepped.... but until they show you that they can sidestep it on reaction there is no reason to not use it, besides what if they teched? thats hella dmg, so all in all the risk vs reward is worth it imo.

her throws: her b+g throw is amazing... can clean hit for 65 dmg and it leaves the opponent to have to eat a brain dead oki that is in your favor... then she has 66a+g which has a smaller tech window and will force them to stop teching b all the time

yes half my list was half purely step killing moves, wanna fight about it? =p

and quick note..... yall need to stop listing her 4aaa string... that shit is no good and it never will be. straight up early game gimmick.

All great picks. I'm new to SC, and i used to think 4aaa was good, now i know that shit sucks. if u want a low just do AS a and BE it to make it safe.

All great picks. I'm new to SC, and i used to think 4aaa was good, now i know that shit sucks. if u want a low just do AS a and BE it to make it safe.
actually you dont wanna do that either. the second hit can be jumped attacked pretty easily. the only character with a real low in this game is patroklos. but you best low is 1k. thats pretty much it =/

I'll do mine:

BB - Obviously. Don't think I need to explain why

236B:4 - Albeit I'm still trying to get the timing down, the simple fact that even the failed 4 input still puts them on the ground gives you a massive advantage.

1K - Most reliable low poke and often a great way to get that last hit on opponents that go guard heavy when they're about to die.

3B - I used to use 66K... why? I don't know. This move is much faster, safer, and hits grounded opponents too. Safe easy launcher for good damage.

66BE, 88BAK - I only use 88BAK as a follow up to this move, so I really consider this combo one move. Yeah it can be just guarded with practice, and maybe this will drop if it becomes an issue. But really, if you notice that the opponent is capable of just guarding it, just don't use it anymore. I think the reward is most certainly worth the risk and it's probably one of the best ways to break guard once they're flashing red.

4B - A perfect set up for 66BE. The fact that it ducks under highs is very nice. Not sure how safe on block it is though.

6BK - I believe this is her fastest poke at close range, and most people don't block the low kick. Great for mind games if you don't always throw the K out.

88A - Expecting that generic BB? This is your fastest sidestep punisher that grounds them.

88kK - Best when mixed up with 88K because I swear NOBODY sees this move coming ever. Ducks high and crumples on CH. I freaking love this move.

236AA - I'm very biased towards this move despite how unsafe it can be. If they block both hits the BE version can push them back. But really, it's so great when used at mid distance to duck under highs.

I'll do mine:

3B - I used to use 66K... why? I don't know. This move is much faster, safer, and hits grounded opponents too. Safe easy launcher for good damage. (3B is -16 on block, 66K is -15 and 33_99K is -13.)

6BK - I believe this is her fastest poke at close range, and most people don't block the low kick. Great for mind games if you don't always throw the K out. (Actually your fastest poke up close would be AA, which is i11. 6B by itself is i13.)

88A - Expecting that generic BB? This is your fastest sidestep punisher that grounds them. (22A is much better I believe. Like Sophie's in SC4, its sidestep is more effective than 88A's.)

88kK - Best when mixed up with 88K because I swear NOBODY sees this move coming ever. Ducks high and crumples on CH. I freaking love this move. (You can't really abuse this move because it's ridiculously slow at i43, but it can be a fun round ender if your opponent is knocked down on rare occasions. It's safe, but with how slow it is, there is no reason for you not to get hit out of it. It's not a real mix-up either due to the fact that both 22_88K and 22kK_88kK can be beat by ducking because they are high and low, respectively.)

236AA - I'm very biased towards this move despite how unsafe it can be. If they block both hits the BE version can push them back. But really, it's so great when used at mid distance to duck under highs. (236AA itself is pretty good if you expect a high, but keep in mind that the BE version is still punishable because you can JG or GI the third hit easily. Stepping toward her shield is possible too, but I've found it a to be a lot more difficult.)

My responses are in bold.

Is there really that big a difference between 88A and 22A?

The beauty regarding 88kK is that I hardly ever use it. It's like a secret weapon that, like 1K, you pull out pretty much only near the end of a match when the enemy tends to be more defensive.

And I only ever use 236AA BE if the enemy is capable of blocking my high low in the first place, it's meant as a surprise. I mean, if he blocked both hits, you're at a disadvantage. If he's that could that he can reflexively block both and then JG the third hit, I'll be impressed. It's obviously not a guarantee, but it's certainly safer than NOT using the BE version. The move is long enough that you can teach yourself to add the BE reflexively after blocking the first hit.

If they are playing more defensive, they are more likely to be able to react to 22kK though, its speed can only be described as obnoxiously slow and reactable (especially since it's "fake out" start up is a high). At least its pretty safe on guard and does ok guard damage for a low, so it might not be terrible to test out on the opponent.

Is there really that big a difference between 88A and 22A?

The beauty regarding 88kK is that I hardly ever use it. It's like a secret weapon that, like 1K, you pull out pretty much only near the end of a match when the enemy tends to be more defensive.

And I only ever use 236AA BE if the enemy is capable of blocking my high low in the first place, it's meant as a surprise. I mean, if he blocked both hits, you're at a disadvantage. If he's that could that he can reflexively block both and then JG the third hit, I'll be impressed. It's obviously not a guarantee, but it's certainly safer than NOT using the BE version. The move is long enough that you can teach yourself to add the BE reflexively after blocking the first hit.

In high level play, it's not a very good idea to base your strategy around surprising your opponent with highly telegraphed attacks. Good players will be able to JG the third hit of moves like 236AA BE (I'm already JG'ing the second hit, it isn't hard at all to get the third when there's an obvious yellow flash). Good players will be able to jump 88kK on reaction. Work on playing a more stable style, or just pick someone else with actually good lows.

Yeah people online are finally wising up to 66B BE.

I fought this one Viola who JG'ed the last hit of it like 4 out of 6 times I randomly threw it out, then I'd get punished with one of her 51 hit BE combos that takes a third of my life bar. The first time I used a 3A+B at him, he JG'ed both hits consecutively and punished with the same combo.

6B,K is still godlike though

Oh, and I got smacked out of the first hit of 66B BE with a downed Leixia's crybaby move. Stupid whore.

Yeah people online are finally wising up to 66B BE.

I fought this one Viola who JG'ed the last hit of it like 4 out of 6 times I randomly threw it out, then I'd get punished with one of her 51 hit BE combos that takes a third of my life bar. The first time I used a 3A+B at him, he JG'ed both hits consecutively and punished with the same combo.

6B,K is still godlike though

Oh, and I got smacked out of the first hit of 66B BE with a downed Leixia's crybaby move. Stupid whore.

I think you only need 1 JG to JG both hits of 3A+B because they happen in succession so quickly. She might just be safe JG'ing her regular guards and got your 3A+B by accident.

I seem to be the only person ever to use 44KAB. I pretty much use it in every match xD.

My list:

236B4 - Obvious reasons.
66B BE - Brilliant move.
88BAK - Good damaging combo and sets up for 22kK.
3KK - For some reason no one ever remembers the 2nd kick.
22kK - Tend to only use against a downed opponent on his way up.
44KAB - Excellent again for pressuring a downed opponent since the A tracks the roller.
4AB - Good to use when they are expecting the low, and a safe way to damage guard.
236AA - Good counter attack if they are all sidestepping and shit.
236K - I love this move, can duck under mid attacks.
4B - The start of decimation.

236B2 - Obvious reasons.
44KAB - Excellent again for pressuring a downed opponent since the A tracks the roller.

wtf is 44KAB and 236B 2?

anyway, your list denotes a level of scrubbiness that u must overcome, please stop using 66B BE 22kK 236A,A, a better anti side step tool is 22K or 66A

lol are you trolling? I clearly meant 236B4 and how could you not know 44KAB o__o?

Stop using 66B BE? You crazy.

lol are you trolling? I clearly meant 236B4 and how could you not know 44KAB o__o?

Stop using 66B BE? You crazy.

rofl ya I know u meant 236B4 but come on dude that notation should be practically tatooed on the back of your left hand if u r gonna be using pyrrha :P

but seriously wtf is 44KAB? I don't even know what that is, I know 44KB which is the forward flip kick followed by the quake stun

and yes stop using 66B BE, that is number one sign of a pyrrha scrub, its only application is to catch tech rollers, but even then its risky, or against scrubs who cant step/jg it, but its not gonna take u very far against a decent player at all

Back