[Toronto] Our public transit sux

Unfortunately I have a PS4 which means I have to pay for PSN.

Not worth it for my situation.

I haven't touched the game in almost 2 months but there's a chance I'll be going to Winter brawl in Feb. I'll confirm in a couple of weeks.

If I do then perhaps I can set up a gathering or two in Feb at my new place.

"Gathering"... such a thing of the past now that just using that term feels dated...

So does anyone want to help bring this community back? It seems like Eli may be gone so the Toronto community may actually have a chance to have some life breathed into it. Having been an active member of this community for over a decade now I sincerely believe that the community began to die after Eli showed up and began displaying aggressive trolling antics and personal attacks. Not to mention the whole fiasco with the money match where he tried tarnishing my reputation by coercing me into a money match after I refused due to not having the money on me, and then avoiding getting it from me even after I contacted him to transfer it - just to make me look bad.

I hope we can get back to reviving and rebuilding. And maybe this thread can get active again with discussion, meetups, yes even drama - so long as that drama remains within the realm of the game i.e. Smack talk about game skill, characters, etc. And not personal attacks, or twisted agendas that causes drama that destroys community image.

Or is the era of forum communities is over thanks to facebook?

The Soul Still Burns.

Last edited:
I wouldn't count on Eli being gone.

As long as you stay out from being a tourney organizer and from promoting your tournaments, I guess that's fine.

Last edited:
I'll do as I please. I've ran many very successful local tourneys during the past decade for all installments of the game. If I ever decide to run one again and you don't like it, simply don't attend, it's simple.

If you want to continue running your SC tournaments, then I suggest you pay Eli dat $30 first.

Last edited:
But everytime I try to post about Gatherings and stuff, you just come back talking about the past and MMs and 30$. You guys are still not over that?

Oof it takes Two to Tango and you had just as much of an adverse affect on the community like Eli. I've been trying to get people to gather and play, but everyone just want to talk about the past and shit.

I'm always down to play (with no PS3 at that) but no one else is.

Ya'll should try playing Magic The Gathering. Fun, and ability to win some $$$.

My concern is will this past issue continue to persist when SC6 finally gets released?

Last edited:
Lets try this again. Whom is down for a Soul Cal Gathering/Get together around Easter Long Weekend. We need to celebrate Partisan winning Final Round!!

Thursday Evening before Good Friday? Saturday or Sunday?! Please show your interest and WHEN EXACTLY you are available. ACT NOW PLEASE

That banner sucks especially without da Damps.
I haven't even unlocked all the characters yet.

Anyways, I'm down for SC5, SC4 and/or SCII-HD. It's going to be awesome!

I'm psyched about SCV. I'm just learning Leixia and she's a lot of fun!

I hope no one uses my old account.

Edit:

I think Eli123s feels guilty about taking the money.

And I'm sorry I made a new account. I didn't read the terms and conditions.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for making another account guys. I understand that there is a history with every account. It isn't fair to make another one.

(Edit) I think Eli123s could take the money and buy $30 worth of pizza for everyone! Big gathering!

Last edited:
Looks like Devil Jin is going to be allowed in tournaments now. It's being discussed on the competitive sc facebook group and everyone is jumping on the idea. Kinda funny considering how up in arms everyone was when I unbanned him. :)

Many people consider DJ to be low tier due to his poor range, linearity, and most of his good attacks are highs. It's hard to say for certain though since he's always been banned so no one has been able to truly put him to the test. However, back when SCV came out I tweeted SCV's Director asking if DJ was balanced for tournament play, he responded saying that he indeed was. Nevertheless the community still banned him due to arbitrary matters.

Amaury, let's put DJ to the test in the next gathering. I do believe he's balanced but let's have some fun!

Except the ppl who go against him.
I don't know what happened, but he might have been acting the whole time.

Last edited:
Back