[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the banners, the background could use a fixing. Rather than a standard background, put characters on them and blend it with the colours.
I agree, having characters in the background will make it seem even more personalized to our community and will represent us better. But it also would mean that you would need to update it next year with a new one using SC5 characters.

I think one character from each active player on there would be good. But then of course that would mean out of fairness you would have to put Algol on there since Chaos is a very active player.

Although knowing this community, I wouldn't be surprised if Algol is banned from being on banners now too.

I agree, having characters in the background will make it seem even more personalized to our community and will represent us better. But it also would mean that you would need to update it next year with a new one using SC5 characters.

I think one character from each active player on there would be good. But then of course that would mean out of fairness you would have to put Algol on there since Chaos is a very active player.

Although knowing this community, I wouldn't be surprised if Algol is banned from being on banners now too.

LMFAO!

No, It will just look cluttered at that point. This banner is meant to represent our community as a whole(new members), not a few select players. Unless I put all the characters but then it will be cluttered. So I will not put character in the background. The focus of the banner is going to be the logo. Background is there so it doesn't look boring.

For Russell's TTT banner it works, because he puts one of each character to represent each game.

Russell: I'll try to meet you on Thursday then.
If the printing cost is under 150 then it will be fine. This banner is pretty much an Image thing. Its going to be used for our tournaments, just to make things look more "official". Yea, I am still tweaking the background here and there.

I'm sure if done right a lot of characters can be blended into the background without the appearance of it being cluttered and with the SCC logo still being the main focus.

Anything is possible when it comes to art, you just gotta do it right.

I think it could work, but it would require a good balance between the the logo, the BG and the chars (obviously the logo should be emphasized the most).

Here's a quick concept I made like 5 mins... excuse the shoddy result :P
SCClogotest.png

Liking the idea, but think that it would need some serious spicing up to look great. It's up to you though Eli, it's your logo!

Oh and there wasn't a big enough image with ALL the characters so I had to go with one that only had the female cast. lol

Partisan do you have all the character in PNG format, and High quality?

This example you made shows how cluttered the Image look with all the characters. And since the Logo is based of SC5 I would not use SC4 pictures. I could try with some of the SC5 artwork, and if I did I would just use Patroklos and Pyrrha.
Even though I created this logo I view this as a community thing because I want all your opinions .

Partisan do you have all the character in PNG format, and High quality?

This example you made shows how cluttered the Image look with all the characters. And since the Logo is based of SC5 I would not use SC4 pictures. I could try with some of the SC5 artwork, and if I did I would just use Patroklos and Pyrrha.
Even though I created this logo I view this as a community thing because I want all your opinions .

I could get them in high-res(I think the wiki might have them too), but the only ones I actually have atm are Cass and NM. I have Pat and Pyrrha for SC5 though if you need it.

How about SC5 swords rather than characters. Like aligned the sword and the logo together.
Then again, you can just add leprechauns in the banner because of the rainbow colours.

NeoRussell

If the Pat and Pyrrha are really High quality and if they are in PNG form with transparent background, you can send me them. Then I'd try to see if it would work for the banner.

Edit: Russell that works, I should be able to get most of everyone weapons in high quality

LuckyCharms.png

I'll be bringing lucky charms cereal with me in School Rumble to take pics of the banner.

Sunny: the banner was $80. Bigger means more money. Doesn't matter how many wonderful wonka rainbow colours you use, it will still be $80. I meant, just Soul Calibur and Soul Edge. Other weapons are irrelevant.

NeoRussell

I tried putting the swords and aligning them but it looks terrible. The resolution of both SC5 Soul Calibur and Soul Edge are not good enough. So I'm just going to leave it and stick with the background I have and tweak that.

Announcement in regards to the tournament:

LOCATION AND ADDRESS:
Ryerson University – Engineering Building.
Room Number - ENG-LG11

DIRECTIONS:
Dundas Station. Go east to Church street and you’ll see Ryerson Engineering Building a bit north. Head downstairs once your in Ryerson.

FOOD:
Lots of places to eat around the area. ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL in the premises. There will be security guards passing by from time to time.

NeoRussell

Alot of time and energy wasted on a Banner. I'm not sure what purpose you guys think this will serve. I wonder about you guys some time....

Russel I'm better than you...just have to put you in your place I guess...

OOF - Stop riding Chaos' Balls...I mean Nuts...I mean Bubbles...Surione will be upset you're seeing other guys when she's not around...

SCIV Gathering in the Danger Room on Friday.
Who wants to try and beat NeoRussell?
Need people to speak up if they are coming. If not, I just cancel.

NeoRussell

I won't be able to make it friday, and I won't be making it to the tourney either.

So good luck everyone. I'll be rooting for Mr. Rugi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back