[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was planning to take a little break, but now I just can't get enough calibur. So is anyone up for battles Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday? Oof, Dino?

I had an amazing time on Saturday. I'd have to say my first tournament outing was an overwhelmingly positive experience. Great meeting you all!

I have to say I didn't quite know what to expect. You folks are monsters at this game. I shouldn't be quite so nervous at the next event and hopefully play more like my normal self. I'm gonna tear my Hori Pad EX2 apart and see if I can fix the ghosting issue so I can play on XBL with you guys.

Matches are up

Vince vs Slient

Winner Finials
Russell vs Eli

Loser Final
Russell vs Silent

Grand Final Part 1
Silent vs Eli

Grand Final Part 2
Slient vs Eli

Yo I was just talking to Oof and he is planning to host this Thursday. Junior and Senior might be able to make this as well, so is anyone else interested? I don't know whats the limit Oof is putting at his place, But right now it 4. Oof, Juinor, Senior and me.

I hope one of you assholes is happy.
Your flaw, page, is that you are too trusting. You trust too much in the game, that it will do what's right; that it will care. But the game does not care. It is, like the world from which it is borne, meaningless, unconcerned, void of associations or resolution or salvation. It has no love for you or Partisan. It is indifferent.
EDIT: Then again, you do appear skilled at finding these holes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4CDiTkJ4bM Queue 3m54s.

But chyeah, I could maybe get to OOF's Thursday. A lot could stand to get in the way, though.
Psst Eli this is the part where you're supposed to be all unapproachable and only casual with your runner-up for at least a week. No but seriously, that's how I saw it in other groups. Figured it helps everyone get better by having the target held out of reach for a while.

Partisan and Emily, may I add you to MSN? Send me a PM if you don't mind.
Seriously, I don't know how to send PM in this forum. lol.....

Here one of the Photos after the Event. Russell Upload or send me the others pictures your camera man took.
IMG_8112.jpg

Also there was this when we headed to the tournament.

IMG_8111.jpg

T12: Toronto Fighting Game Championships

I do want to tell you guys that the venue fee will not be $10.
I am certainly not trying to make money here (would be nice).
I need to cover the money I used to rent the venue.
It's a hotel this time around. So if you have to save up to attend, I suggest you guys do it now.
It might be $20-$25 that's why. I will contact old gamers I know and I will also talk to SCV team to see if we can get something out of them. I will also put pot bonus and prizes for the tournament.
Plus, TOP 8 will be shown on stream.

I hope that this community can come together one more weekend for a big tournament.

NeoRussell

Russell I don't think the venue fee will be a problem, Partisan might be able to get some US people to show up. So the be more intensive for people to show up. I try to my best to convince some other people to make it.

Also Russell do you have the 3 Photos the camera man took of the all the Soul Calibur player. Post or PM me the link.

There is no guaranteed cash prize?

You guys should think about chipping in to the pot prize. That's pretty much the best incentive you can give.

I'll see what I can donate to the pot prize as well within the next few months.

There is no guaranteed cash prize?
You guys should think about chipping in to the pot prize. That's pretty much the best incentive you can give.
I'll see what I can donate to the pot prize as well within the next few months.

I've got plans for prizes and pot bonuses. I'm gonna probably lay them out after EVO.
I want to see what I can come up with.

I am seriously giving everyone enough time to save up money.
Altogether, I want everyone from Toronto to attend and defend our pride.
I will get the necessary competition brought here so please don't put it off and come.

NeoRussell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back