[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Dino Method (g5G) you learn when the JG window opens and closes, so much so that I no longer require a double tap. Online. Vs lows or UBs.

Still, JG is not something you want to do all the time, even if you can pull it off. Stepping, Ducking, Jumping work as effectively if not more so. It didnt seem to help in Buffalo....

Really good showing for the people who went to Buffalo. I agree with DINO that you cannot JG all the time; there is a time and place for JG however.

Thanks for the info Wen. I will try to focus on this more.

Congrats on the tournament Barry! Kick ass! And congrats to other placers, go Canada!

Based on recent Results

Maxi
Patroclos
Alpha-Pat

All Top Tier. Thats for the people who think Results dictate Tiers. They seem to forget about the player.

We need to meet up at lest 2-3 times this week for the people who are going to winter brawl. Buffalo was an eye opener for everyone this week. There is much room for improvement, and everyone needs to go back to the lab to prepare. It hasn't been even 3 weeks yet and we re not prepared for the gimmicks that some people might have in store for us come Winter Brawl.

Dude, I showed them how to do it properly. If you didn't find my method helpful that's all good.

NeoRussell

Its a good method, im just asking thats all

Who is free to meet up other than wednesday? Perhaps on friday or saturday in particular?

I prefer the OOF Method. To perform the OOF Method, you simply tap and release guard.

I'll be at A&C this Wednesday. Although fighting Dampierre won't help you guys going to WB much since he will be banned, what it will help you with is fighting something that you're not used to and adapting to it as quick as you can. So it's not completely pointless to fight him.

I'm suddenly having the urge to learn a character that I didn't think I would want to learn anytime soon, perhaps I won't be using Xiba on the 26th tourney hmm...

So, I may be showing up for a little while this wednesday, but maybe not, and definitely not for the whole time. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in a few good matches.

So I was testing with Nightmare's CE and discovered the bug Franz was talking about. If timed right on an aerial opponent it will do about 95% of the health bar. The trick to getting this is to ensure that the aerial attack does not clash with Nightmare during the auto gi frames of his CE. So basically, as long as the opponent is airborne during after the auto GI frames it's pretty much round over. It's a bug no doubt, but not very practical in a match.

So pick Nightmare and Pyrrha. Now record & set Pyrrha to do any jumping move 4-5 times in a row. When you're finished run the replay, stay out of GI range, do Night's CE and watch the damage. It should do 100% if it clean hits as well.

I got hit by that one too many times. I don't think it's a bug either. Just CH like page said.

I bet Oof is going to use lizard man.

On a side note, I tried playing Enzio yesterday. My conclusion is that he sucks. Maybe someone can prove me wrong.

Yes, it does good damage on ground hit and CH.

Russell, is it possible I can get the guide tomorrow? I'm free after 4:00pm. What time are you available then I can pick it up? Thanks.

I hope everyone that is going to winter braw is doing noting but training and studying frams for ALL the character in the game....what moves your character can punish and what moves other characters can punish against you...also make sure you understand every match approach...

ie.. you fight a natsu.... be carful to tech...take the 10damage UB bomb instead...understand her bb string... and when she can go into PO so you counter with 4 stepping "at right time"... also keep the match simple like aa.. bb...2a..2k..throw..etc etc etc etc....

i have been doing nothing but training mode vs everyoen in the game.. and studying all hte frames for all characters..and battle approaches.... i HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING THE SAME.. and not just playing noobs online over and over...FK i havent even played "a single" online match yet lol...

than again..everyone trains differently... so all the best!

Well said STD and I don't blame you however practicing against other humans and the mass variety of different styles out there counts as well, that is a good aspect of playing online not necessarily vs scrubs but people who actually are good in the game and know what they are doing. Nevertheless, doing your homework is always a must! Good luck Team Toronto! Team ATL will be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back