Trying to Redeem the SCV Newcomers

Yeah Raphael was definitely one of the main characters but I don't think he was the main highlight, it's like T5DR where Lili had alot of attention on her but she wasn't necessarily the lead. I think overall bar SC4, the new characters in that entry were meant to be the lead. Xianghua was considered to be the main protagonist of SC1 tho, and the new characters in SC5 were poorly implemented as the new leads. Still love Pyrrha ho♡

I'd say so as well, but I am kinda curious what @subsmoke has to say as a last line of defence.

well saying I talk a lot of shit and that I don't give any real value on stupid things that don't matter is...well...stupid, what's even more flabbergasting is how I'm supposed to disprove statements that the poster himself hasn't bothered to prove instead just saying "it's not opinion, its fact" that's some A-grade "Muh-Talim" shit right there

Gotta love not understanding the real power of Leixia. If X was in SCV, the tech I have would've got Xianghua banned. It's balanced with Leixia.

well saying I talk a lot of shit and that I don't give any real value on stupid things that don't matter is...well...stupid, what's even more flabbergasting is how I'm supposed to disprove statements that the poster himself hasn't bothered to prove instead just saying "it's not opinion, its fact" that's some A-grade "Muh-Talim" shit right there

Wind, lol.

When it comes to most casuals nowadays I don't really expect a logical explanation for them to provide. No point in trying to reason with someone who won't produce solid facts instead of living off their own delusions. That's what leads to people like subsmoke and Nyte. I'm pretty sure you know the rest by now...

Edit: I also still feel as if this thread is a broken record.

Last edited:
When it comes to most casuals nowadays I don't really expect a logical explanation for them to provide. No point in trying to reason with someone who won't produce solid facts instead of living off their own delusions. That's what leads to people like subsmoke and Nyte. I'm pretty sure you know the rest by now...

Edit: I also still feel as if this thread is a broken record.

I've always been telling the truth because of my Leixia tech. If I didn't know anything about this tech, I wouldn't be stating these facts.

at this point literally who cares?

What do you think about Nightmare vs Leixia matchup?

ZER0 said:
because just saying "it's not ignorance, it's the truth" gives it any actual value right? I could explain forever on how different everyone is from there predeccesors...ranging from upbringing, to choice of clothes, to habits, to like and dislikes, to personalities, to their current story...all the way down to their actual gameplay itself. The only...maybe...actual things that would be similar..would be the weapons they use...and kinda maybe how they dress. and you wouldn't know half of this because like I say before, you're ignorant...and now I'm positive you're close to Nyte level of ignorance because just like him you don't do any research and just say the first thing that comes to your mind and think it's true

Come on. You don't think you're splitting hairs here? Who cares about their upbringing or their favorite food? Leixia looks and dresses like her mom, uses her weapon and a very similar fighting style, has the same personality traits, the same voice, and so on. "Because she's her daughter", yeah I know. The question is if Namco wanted to replace Xianghua so badly, why not replace her with someone different? Like they did with Li Long for example. Maxi is nothing like Li Long other than them both using nunchucks. In fact, even though they use the same weapon they don't play the same way at all. They have different nationalities, look totally different, have different personalities, their stories are different, etc. Leixia, Natsu and Xiba do have different stories than their predecessors, but they don't really do much of anything. Xianghua and Kilik drove off Inferno while Taki and Sophitia beat Cervantes in their first appearances. What have the newbies done? Leixia and Xiba are on a journey together, and Natsu is looking for her mentor Taki. Does she ever find her? Do Leixia and Xiba find what they're after? Who knows because the game barely tells you anything about most of the characters.

Anyway, when you look at most of the "replacement characters" and their predecessors you can see they're very different from each other besides sharing the same weapon and some of the same moves. Maxi and Li Long, Astaroth and Rock, Xianghua and Hwang, Yoshimitsu and Mitsurugu, Seung Mina and Kilik, Edgemaster and Charade, etc. Leixia, Xiba and Natsu on the other hand are very similar to their predecessors in weapon, fighting style and appearance, and their stories are shallow and lacking substance.

As for Patroklos, I expect the main character of any story to at least have SOME redeeming qualities, or to be someone I can root for at least a little bit even if they wind up doing some bad things. Pat has nothing though. He is a villain in every way, from the things he does to the way he acts. Calling him a protagonist and not a hero doesn't change that.

Because she's her daughter", yeah I know. The question is if Namco wanted to replace Xianghua so badly, why not replace her with someone different?
Answer "People like you".

I expect the main character of any story to at least have SOME redeeming qualities, or to be someone I can root for at least a little bit

No story character in soul calibur ever.

Because she's her daughter", yeah I know. The question is if Namco wanted to replace Xianghua so badly, why not replace her with someone different?
Answer "People like you".

Because of people like me? That makes no sense. The problem I have is that she isn't different enough. If she was, I wouldn't care that she replaced Xianghua in the first place. Just like I didn't care that Maxi replaced Li Long because he was actually his own character and not just a bad knockoff. I don't mind the oldies getting taken out, I just don't like their replacements.

of course you dont. You dont like xiba because he is different you dont like leixia because she is too similar. You dont like Natsu because she is an improved version of taki. You dont like Pat because he is a greek like sophi even though he is unique. Do you even read your own shit ?

Tbh subsmoke from what I see so far, most of us are with ZER0 in this.

Also, at this point this whole argument is starting to get out of hand.

of course you dont. You dont like xiba because he is different you dont like leixia because she is too similar. You dont like Natsu because she is an improved version of taki. You dont like Pat because he is a greek like sophi even though he is unique. Do you even read your own shit ?

I don't like Xiba because he's not very different outside of his obsession with food, and even that seems like a cheap gimmick they tacked on to him to separate him from Kilik as opposed to being a well-thought out character trait. He's not even clever or funny about it. He just keeps saying "Ohhh man I'm so hungry! I want food! Give me something to eat! Food! FOOD!" You know what I'm saying? It's not funny, it's annoying.

Also, at this point this whole argument is starting to get out of hand.

Yeah, I agree. Besides this thread is about redeeming the newcomers so I'm not exactly being very helpful by saying they're irredeemable lol. I just think the effort isn't worth the payoff and they'd be better off scrapping them and working on totally new characters instead. They can keep ZWEI, Viola, and maybe Natsu and Pyrrha, but I would ditch the other three.

Back