TTT: Toronto Toonie Tournament 2/27/10 RESULTS

Overall shoutout.

Brawl has more people, and is a game I can actually win out (that will change soon enough ;)), but Soul Calibur definitely has its ups. I walk in the room and the 1st thing I see is KFC :D. (don't get that in a brawl tourney). I can expect to come to a tourney and be well taken care of thru KFC, pizza, cake, & brownies. Thanks guys 8D. Although I thought this tourney would help me but at the end of the day, I still dunno what system to buy :/.

1st. OOFMATIC - Thank you for inviting me to your place and offering to help me train. I might pick up Setsuka because of her being unpopular, & a top tier that aint brain dead, and because like Ivy, U don't trust her/can't use her in tourney :D. I also really appreciate you saying I have a lot of potential. Hopefully I can make more kodac moments were I take rounds off u (and no one is there to watch cause they are busy playing :p).

2nd. franman - from what I hear, this is ur 1st time placing this high. Good s***. I got raped in casuals :(, Oh well :p.

3rd. D.I.N.O - Scrub mindgames, they work ;). Thanks for offering to help me. The go bus I take goes straight from my school and the last stop is at york U. So I could go to york every day (although tims vary cause of school schedule lol. I almost always go to york on Wednesdays for smashfests (Brawl casuals). I'm free this friday evening and I would appreciate it if we could play (subject to change, depending on assignments and whatnot).

4th. thinkingofaname - T.O.A.N. Is ur new name (Thinking Of A Name, pronounced tone cause moan is pronounced mone). EVERYBODY CALL HIM THIS FROM NOW ON ;) :p. I tried to beat u, came place match to but no sigar :(. Nice placing though :D.

5th. Eli123s - Thank you very much for the Ivy tips, I really appreciate it. Hopefully u can help me out (read Oofmatic's shout out to me) by coming over to oofs place with me sometime and critiquing my Ivy (since u know better than anyone). I has to play u next time for sure.

5th. NeoRussell - You love power stone. What a chaotic game lol. I wanna play ur Yoshimitsu next time (although ur maxi still rapes me lol :p). Its amazing how long you've been in the scene.

7th. Vincent - You should have placed higher man :(. Thanks for raping me in casuals, I need that kinda stuff.

7th. Partisan - Beware of alvin :p. Nice controller btw :p. Didn't get to play ur sophita :/

9th. macaroni - Pretty much only talked to u when I saw ur games vs SILENTWALL.

9th. SILENTWALL - Nice little chit chat

9th. NaizakiNomac - 3 of Canada's best Brawl players are in quebec (Ally, Holy Nightmare, and Swordgard). Go to Brawl tournaments, your region is strong :p. Hopefully you can help me in the future if I need it (we're talking a couple years from now when I'm in 3rd year university looking for an internship).

9th. Emlarr - Thank you for letting em use ur controller so many times :D. LOL at ur convo's with Alvin. Never thought to see a girl here tbch, let alone a good gamer thats a girl :o. Have fun at ur non smash boot camp :/. Brownies were great though :)

13th. alvin1887 - Making jokes are fun, <3. Ur an ass lol :p but at the end of the day you let me sit on ur lap, nuff said.

13th. page - Beastly low tiers. The only man there that uses an arcade stick lol.

13th. Salizburg - Alvin's funny aint he :p. Sucks u had to leave early, I wanted to play u :(.

13th. TidalLeaf - Hey High school :p. Play me next time. Beware of Alvin in University :p

17th. Kyper - Cheering against u lol. Sorry but Alvin's my boy, dun wanna see him lose :p. You spent a lot of time in the scene, :/ oh well man.

17th. Surione - GGs, thanks for organizing the Pizza and cake.

17th. Tin_Man - Tsk, Tsk. Didn't make ur goal. Couldn't beat 1 person. Get better scrub.

17th. gw8t3st - LOL stab spam :p, ggs. Thanks for letting me use ur controller.

Woo, I finally got to stay for (most of, lol) the finals! 8D
I'm gonna make sure I'm off of work for the next one, as I'm always missing out because of it. >:U Time to put and end to that.

Hell, I'mma do shoutouts too:

Franman - Congrats on 2nd man, I'm still amazed how you do iGDR on pad. And I forgot to give you those Zas/Zas and Cervy/Zas matches. I'm retarded. Don't let me forget again, I owe you.

Naizaki - You outplayed me real good. Your Yoshi was impossible for me to catch, lol. GGs

DINO - You started to read me like a book after the first match, GGs. Congrats on 3rd, though I'm sure you were hungry for more. Oh, and ban Amy olololol.

OOF - Still beasting, your vader in particular is terrifying to watch. I can see why you're always getting 1st. I def had a good time and I'm always up for games. Working on weekends makes it difficult (but that's a lame excuse and I'm a loser for using it :P), I'll do my best to get out there more often.

Surione - You're getting better fast, fear da Lizzy! And shake those stuns!

page - KOREAN POWER! lol your moral support got me that first match. Sorry I let you down in the end.

Alvin - You and Tin-man are hilarious, and your Apprentice is cool stuff. Great games, man.

Tin-man - Like I said, you and Alvin are quite the pair, lol. From what I saw your Ivy is good, especially for just picking the game up recently. We'll face off next time. ;)

Vince - Great to see you again, though we didn't get to fight/talk much. Next time!

Emlarr - I wanted to fight you again, the only time was in back at the T10 tournament. And that's too way long a time T.T

macaroni - Your Voldo is crazy and thank you for abusing throws against me. I mean that seriously, my throw-breaking is god awful, I need to be reminded to break them, lol. GGs

GGs to everyone, it was an awesome time, as usual.
I'm looking forward to the next one. I'll make sure I stick around for the full tournament next time, lol.

I can't wait till I'm actually able to go to a tourney up in your area. I go to Canada three times a year, so maybe this summer I'll be able to drive to Toronto from St. Catherines and go to one of these tourneys (if you're actually having one the week I'm there).

TWO MORE THINGS.

First, DON'T THINK I DIDN'T HEAR YOU TALKING ABOUT ME BEING A RACIST AND SHIT BEHIND MY BACK EMILY. Because I did!

And TIDALLEAF. Bitahass nigga punk fool punked out on my like a bitch ass nigga. Leave before playing me some ft5s?! Wallace did the same thing, but at least he had an excuse!

Still, nothing but love.

Been working solid since the tourney ended and I'm going to go into a coma for a couple hours. All the vids are uploaded I just need to finish the editing and such. I'll make a thread and that fool Eli can link his. Guy hogs the tripod for the whole tourney. Jeez.

Wallace you're still my hero and everyone's favourite player. I don't know how you do it. Next time you'll do better for sure.

Congrats Oof. It's good to know that people can still enjoy a SC4 being played with all the characters allowed. I give major props to the Canadian scene. Way to work that tier list Oof lol.

OOFMATIC: Thanks for running the tourny! I'll try to do better in the tournament next time. We're going to need to play more casuals next time too! We only had that one FT5.

Thinkingofaname: Damn you and your Amy. I'm going to learn Amy just so I can beat you up next time.

Eli123s: We didn't get to play much this time, only that one round before the tournament and I can't even remember the results of that round. Next time!

D.I.N.O.: Your play style is kind of similar to macaroni's (but not completely.) That's probably the only reason I can get a win once in a while.

Emlarr: We didn't get to play this time!! It's been a long time since we played, and we've both improved so I want to see how we fare now. Thanks for the brownies! I can imagine how delicious they were.

Vince: You rock, I'll beat you next time.

Franman: 'Grats on getting second. I didn't get to play you too much though.

TidalLeaf: You're one of the few who don't fall for my TASb trick. Jerk. Lol good Mina, GGs.

GGs to everyone else I played.

OOFMATIC: Thanks for hosting the SC4 tourney. We need to play the next time we meet again.

franman: Your Cervantes is much more scarier offline than online. And yes, I've secretly played you online once before.

D.I.N.O: Yeeeah, Voldo power! I agree, we seem to have the same play style but you got the "Voldo Groove" and I don't.

thinkingofaname: hmm.. didn't get to play you this time. Looking forward to it next time.

Eli123s: I get matched up with you every tournament... and get sodomized by your whip. Anyways, you've improved so much since the last time we played.

Vincent: Thanks for the ride, Veence. I almost became deaf after car pooling with you, lol.

macaroni: Wow! You've finally showed up for a tourney you lazy kid.

SILENTWALL: gg, we had some crazy fights.

NaizakiNomac: Wild matchup! Our characters were flying all over the screen.

Emlarr: What, you brought brownies to the tournament? They all disappeared before I even got the chance to even see them.

alvin1887: That was my first time playing SC4 on the Xbox. I had no clue how to set the controller during our tournament match. Close one!

page: Strange, we played like 50 matches but we didn't even talk to each other.

Salizburg: I don't get the chance to play many Zasalamels so I thought our match was a very good learning experience for me.

Surione: Your Lizardman is... Superb.

Tin_Man: Didn't get the chance to talk to you much.

gw8t3st: Waterloser. Kfc.

First off, I am glad that our scene is still thriving! It was great seeing some new faces and old ones and this tournament has definitely motivated me to improve my skills.

Oof: Thanks for hosting the tournament! I'm looking forward to the next one. =)

Vince: I'll keep trying to unlease my inner beast. I will beat you one of these days!

gw8t3st: We'll try getting some matches in at the next tournament or gathering? I haven't had a chance to play as often because of full-time school and work but any SC time is good time.

DINO: Haha thanks. I know I still have a long way to go to improve but I'm levelling up slowly.

TidalLeaf: It was great meeting you in person! We definitely need to play more offline next time and perhaps we'll coincidentally match our clothes again?

Partisan: Same as above, it was great meeting you! Your fro is much larger in life than it looks like on Facebook.

Alvin: No Street Fighter for you, gtfo. =D

Surione: I'll try to teach you some more anti-X strats the next time we play together! It's also nice having another female player around because there are always so much testosterone. =p

Page: Oh come now, we're all a little bit racist. I miss your racist banter with Junior so much. It was the highlight of every tournament imo.

SilentWall: Thanks again for the ride home, I really appreciated it! I'm still not sure if I'm going to HK this summer but I'll let you know if I do.

Franman: Congrats on placing second! I definitely need more practice against your cerv/shura.

Harry: For not playing SC in a while, you placed so well! Imagine how good you'll be when you practice more lol. GGs.

Salizburg: We'll definitely try to get some matches in at the next tournament or gathering you can make. Hopefully you can stay longer next time!

Naizaki: It was nice meeting you and I hope that you'll come back out to Toronto for the next tournament! I know there is still a lot I need to learn/work on so any advice you can give me is appreciated. =)

Tin_Man: You're welcome. I'm glad to see that you're showing such an interest in SC and I hope you stick with it! I mean, you don't get homemade brownies at Smash tournaments do you? And can't I just be a good gamer and not a good "female gamer"? =p

Thank You Time

For many tournaments I missed out, I finally came to this one and for sure this will be one of my most memorable tournaments.

Allow me to express my appreciation by thanking the new players NaizakiNomac, macaroni, TidalLeaf, Tin_Man, and alvin1887 for attending our scene and help keeping it alive.

Props goes to Emlarr, Surione and Eli123s for the kind hospitality by bringing in food and making my upset stomach feel happy :)

Also, I want to extend further props to Page, Eli123s and Partisan for bringing in recording equipment

There are ppl I haven't heard for quite a long time. I am however, glad to see that NeoRussell, Kyper, Salizburg and thinkingofaname took part in this tourney and still have a heart for this community.

Individual appreciation goes to gw8t3st for he is the greatest. I felt an improvement from your Sophitia from the last time we played. Don't feel special now, just feel great ;p

OOFMATIC, SilentWall, D.I.N.O, NeoRussell and Vincent, you guyz are beasts; my experience with you guyz has helped improve my game a lot and I hope you feel the same way.

Finally I want to thank the man who organizes this wonderful event as well as helping me improve my game the majority of the time. Yes I'm talking to you OOFMATIC. I spend the majority of the time practicing with you not only because you're mostly available but because you're willing to help out. I hope you continue to succeed not only as a player but also as a tourney organizer.

Did you guys record?

Also, WTF @Tidal for not placing top at least top 5. I r shocked.
Almost all the matches got recorded. I think if Tidal would have used Sophi or Cass he would have placed much better. But then again he had some tough opponents such as NeoRussell and Amy, so it's hard to say how it would have went.

OOF rigging the brackets as usual.
I'll rig your face! >_>

I'll second what page said.

IF you look carefully at the bracket, you will see how EASY OOFS bracket is, while my bracket had Vints and Russel. ONE OF US 3 Should have been in Oofs bracket, but Oof doesn't see it that way. But we all know OOF does what he can do take advantage of the players and Win.

Its okay though. It was only a toonie tourney. I'd just like to imagine what would happen if Oof used normal characters.....nvm I already know.

I'll second what page said.

IF you look carefully at the bracket, you will see how EASY OOFS bracket is, while my bracket had Vints and Russel. ONE OF US 3 Should have been in Oofs bracket, but Oof doesn't see it that way. But we all know OOF does what he can do take advantage of the players and Win.

Its okay though. It was only a toonie tourney. I'd just like to imagine what would happen if Oof used normal characters.....nvm I already know.

Thank you for being so appreciative of me holding and running a tournament by accusing me of rigging the bracket. That's so kind of you.

For the record I randomized the brackets twice. The first time I did it I noticed players who play each other often were facing off first round. Partisan vs Tidal was one iirc. So I re-randomized it and it seemed good. I even double checked the brackets with you, DINO, and you gave me the OK. So I don't know why you're trying to make me look like the bad guy now. I believe random brackets are the way to go.

You're such a nice guy, Dino.

Back