Ultimate or Super Soul calibur 5 update??

Maybe a Vita port for the holidays, or a DLC Edition (SCV: Complete; comes with over $30 worth of DLC!!11). But if they were going to do a Super Ultimate Soul Calibur V.5 Turbo 2, they'd better release an update patch for original SCV or hell will break loose.

The game isn't seen out yet and you guys already want an ultimate edition? I know that the styles in the roster's bottom row stinks more than a hunk of shit, but it's way too soon to be asking for that. We don't want SCV to follow the way of Street Fighter, especially not mere months after it's out. That'll corrupt the series enough to name it "Soul Edge" again...

I agree with making a digital update a huge expansion type deal too, kinda like how MMOs come out with expansions.
I hate Nickel and diming though.

I really hope they don't go the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom route here.
That trend needs to be obliterated. Make the whole game to begin with.
Keep anything else to DLC. And if there is DLC, it shouldn't be prepared
before the game has even come out, that defeats the purpose.

The game isn't seen out yet and you guys already want an ultimate edition? I know that the styles in the roster's bottom row stinks more than a hunk of shit, but it's way too soon to be asking for that. We don't want SCV to follow the way of Street Fighter, especially not mere months after it's out. That'll corrupt the series enough to name it "Soul Edge" again...

I think the a reason why we are talking about this we may be unhappy about the game's roster. I know its too soon but come to think of it we wouldn't need a update if namco took more time on SCV. It would be for the best if they release an update they should do it after one year.

I think the a reason why we are talking about this we may be unhappy about the game's roster. I know its too soon but come to think of it we wouldn't need a update if namco took more time on SCV. It would be for the best if they release an update they should do it after one year.
All they really need is some dlc characters but not CaS styles. That would be just fine. Everyone can keep there Lolita Talim and I get SUPER-HYPERACTIVE Yun.

I guess I'd be mad if they released an Ultimate Version... for about 10 minutes.
My level of rage would also depend on the kind of way they realize it:

New Achievements/Trophies.
New Characters.
Possible to get it as DLC.
If not possible as DLC... fair pricing (like 29,99 Euro).
Compatible with the original game save!
^THIS!!

I'm gonna agree with those who said they'd rather have it as one big meaty DLC pack for the normal SC5 game, rather than a whole new game with discs and all that.

Besides Namco has done a few things like that before ~eyes wander to Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection~ good times :3

Tekken: Dark Resurrection was just Tekken 5 Broken Destiny, a PSP port of the main game, with inexplicably more features than the console version.

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection was the console version of the PSP port for PS3 with the addition of online play.
It's like if they had made a console version of Broken Destiny, which, if I recall, many people would have liked to see.

It's not like Soul Calibur has done this before though.

SC3: Arcade Edition, for example, but even that had took away some things from the console version:

-Chronicles of the Sword
-Bonus styles

Many glitches were fixed for the most part. Plus Amy, Hwang, and Li-Long were full-fledged characters.

I really wouldn't mind.

It's pretty much a given that SCV was a little rushed for delivery, and I'd love to see an updated version with a more complete experience.

And in the meantime, I can enjoy the vanilla game.

They will jump on the re-release train (of thought). It's inevitable. If they had no plans to then they would have postponed the game till it was better. The fact they didn't means this version is a beta and a cheap way to make some more cash. Ultimate will likely have much of the DLC, a new character or two (possibly old characters or possibly the DLC characters), new styles for Kilik and Elysium, more Quick Match Characters, and if they wanted to be sure to get people (casuals) to buy it they would add more to story mode and Creation mode.

Either way though I definitely see an ultimate/complete/super edition in SCV's future. The only question is what will make it Super.

Its going to happen, a new disk like a year later. Guaranteed. That seemed obvious to me once the final row of characters were revealed. Three mimics? Alpha Pat using Setsuka's moveset? I'm not really complaining because as far as i'm concerned, most of this games focus and priorities are set on exactly what i think is important but even so, why? So because of that, i do think they are taking a page out from Capcom's book about game updates. Mark my words, anyone crying about Zasalamel and Talim, or individual character stories, or just that the game is plain rushed will conveniently find all those missing pieces on an update some time in the future. I just hope its not TOO soon as Capcom did with MvsC 3. And no, i doubt they will repeat the mistake with Broken Destiny. I think by now they have learned its not profitable to use the portable market for that.

and if they wanted to be sure to get people (casuals) to buy it they would add more to story mode and Creation mode.

Daishi made mention of CotS sequel plotlines WAY back, though they could have just been decoys.

Back