Ultimate or Super Soul calibur 5 update??

Sadly I bought MVC3 and ultimate. I thought MVC3 was a great game already. The biggest thing ultimate did was add to the the replay value to me.
Nows SCV i think is a _____ game. But if I gave Namco a chance to redo it I don't think they could get it right. This product might be too far gone. Other than the lag there isn't much I merit
SF4 didn't have a good battle system to me but SSF4AE did appeal to me because of the content and I kinda liked it lol
so maybe there is hope

MVC3 here in the Philippines costed 1750 pesos. UMVC3 here costs 1350 pesos. Cheaper, but was a complete version. If they release a Super Soul Calibur V, I'd still but it, but I'd hate them for an underhanded moves like that....

"Super Soul Calibur V: Ultimate Complete Edition 3rd International Remix FINAL." That saddest part is, we'll still buy it. :/

If Pullum and Hokuto from SFEX are in it, it's already SOLD to me.

EDIT: Oops, wrong series. lol

EDIT AGAIN: Well look at that. Street Fighter II was one of the ads above.

I bought MvC3 and was disappointed, then heard about UMvC3 and didnt even give it a second notice. I would hate it if Soul Calibur went the Capcom route. If they did though...

Bring back old characters, more CAS equipment (recycle), more story with less of that sketchy art, it would be nice for online if they did it like BlazBlue and you can train while you wait for an opponent. Someone mentioned about the 1 vs 8 in offline, I miss that stuff too.

Ohh, rename it, Soul Calibur TAG (team). I would love it they had tag team~!!! but dont make it like MVC where you can call in support help or if you press 2 buttons the whole team does some super ultimate move. Just a simple tag-in and tag-out would be fine.

If Namco doesnt add all that stuff into a new disk, DLC of just old characters and more equipment is fine with me.

I do, as everyone else, feel a "little" snubbed with this release, but I just cant stop playing it~!!

Dont let me down Namco~!!

I got MvC3 and Ultimate when they came out last year. The online in MvC3 was horrible and while UMvC3 had better netcode, the fact it was so unbalanced really put me off that game ( Never liked playing as Wesker, for example. ) The fact Ultimate was released so soon after the first version didn't sit well with a lot of people.

At least between versions of Street Fighter 4, there was a year between the release of paid versions ( AE2012 was a free update because Capcom unbalanced AE on purpose and realized pretty quickly they'd dropped the ball. ) Did I mention Capcom also did both DLC and a disc release for AE, that was a good compromise.

On the topic of Street Fighter, remember how many versions of SF2 there was? World Warrior, Championship Edition, Hyper Fighting, Super, Super Turbo and HD Remix. I'm pretty sure a Soul Calibur Game will never have that many versions!

As for SC5, the really stellar netcode makes up for the lack of single player content for me. I understand perfectly why people would be upset over the lack of 1 player content, though. It only took me about 2 hours to clear the story mode when I got the game last weekend!

Regardless, provided I'm not in Australia by the time any update comes out, I'll still buy it. I'd only buy content for fighting games I actually like. As I mentioned, I have Street Fighter 4 updated all the way up to AE2012 and costumes for characters I use while in Marvel I've never touched the DLC, not even buying Jill and Shuma-Gorath.

Honestly, I will sadly buy it. Soul Calibur is by far my favorite game series. As stupid as I may be for supporting a re-re-re release with extra content, I will buy it anyways.

BUT IT BETTER HAVE CASSANDRA, TALIM, AND SEONG MI NA!

Crosspost from the "other" thread about this:

People who say "It should've been DLC" 99% of the time don't understand you can't just "add shit" at a whimsy. That is why there are re-releases.

The SSF4 Route was acceptable for a re-release. 10 characters, new content and 40$ USD pricepoint. Fucking sweet!

tl;dr: a cheaper re-release is a good way to soothe butthurt kids who don't understand JUST MAKE IT DLC isn't how the world works.

They should pull a Mortal Kombat, and first release DLC, and when all the DLC is released, they release a Soul Calibur V, that is everything others paid for but for the same price as the initial release.

I wouldnt be too upset. Unlike marvel this game clearly had a lot more in store, but they ran out of time. We're missing practically the entire story mode and arcade endings, not to mention like 5 other characters.

If they made a super / ultimate whatever edition i would buy it without remorse so long as it had all the stuff it should have got in the first place. Maybe even some more creation pieces. Really this is a case where i would approve of a new version. Full cut scenes in the story mode with more characters and 3 times the length, arcade endings, a museum mode, more characters, maybe some more creation pieces. It will be like an entirely new game.

I have noticed that in SCV in CAS mode, much of my favorite armor pieces have gone missing, and I realized that CAS in V, although pretty awesome, lacks the option to use alternate character costumes like SCIV did, so it feels there's just a tad less to choose...

I would not complain in the least if Namco can bring back much of those costumes from SCIV, or even SCIII and II and that you can mix and mach the set's parts like in SCIV.

also not enough regal hair cuts for the guys.

I'd love one thanks.​
I really like SCV but I do feel that given the time, it could be a lot more. I'm certainly willing to buy into that.​

I could be way off, but going by the series I'm thinking we'll see simple and free updates and/or patches but not a full game changing title update that doubles as a reincarnation.

I'll admit I was one of the many who went ape shit about UMVC3, for a little while anyway, but in a world where Fighting games are becoming a dying race compared to everything else, I'd say why the hell not? I'd prefer DLC, but if we can get the same generic shooter every year, then the same fighting game with new characters and features is fine by me. But this is Namco, not Capcom, so I doubt it'll happen. But if Mortal Kombat got more than one character for DLC, Soul Calibur should also get some characters aside from Dampierre DLC.

Back