Unused Nightmare tools

I still like using 33B BE as a stronger whiff punish since it has higher guaranteed damage than just 33B. If they don't know which side to tech to escape the 3B in 33B BE, 2B+K BE, 3B then that's atleast 90 damage.

However 33B gs cancel is almost completely superior in every way now.

Looking in training mode, the difference in damage between a 44A-33B, and 44A-33B Be, is like 6 damage lol!

So yeah, very very rarely am I gonna use this. Strictly as a round finisher (but then what about 'guts').

Next move I would want to discuss... 22/88K. If you are able to hit with it is great cuz of the stun effect. But is super slow and vertical. Also, it may whiff sometimes.
The question is... It what kind of situations is okay to use this move?

I've literally only found one use for it.

It leads to his highest damage combo from a high air gi wall splat.

Air gi > w! >662k > 4kk > w! > 4k be > 3b/2(k)/2a+b

Next move I would want to discuss... 22/88K. If you are able to hit with it is great cuz of the stun effect. But is super slow and vertical. Also, it may whiff sometimes.
The question is... It what kind of situations is okay to use this move?
It's 100% useless. It might have limited use if it was at least neutral or better on block, or came out like 8 frames faster, but it's complete garbage right now.

I think it will be a good choice if you avoid a vertical attack by side stepping. (So the hit is guaranteed) And after that, perform your best combo.

I think it will be a good choice if you avoid a vertical attack by side stepping. (So the hit is guaranteed) And after that, perform your best combo.
Even if you're already sidestepping when they whiff, the move is i31 so it's very unlikely that you'll successfully whiff punish them with it. Just forget this move exists and use 33B GS cancel instead. It's better in every situation.

Even if you're already sidestepping when they whiff, the move is i31 so it's very unlikely that you'll successfully whiff punish them with it. Just forget this move exists and use 33B GS cancel instead. It's better in every situation.
Yeah, 33B is the best choice for a sidestepping attack. Think I would only use against the AI just for fun.

So we just gonna skip 44K?

I use it for fun after Guard Break.
Landing this attack when they're either about to die or RO is just so satisfying to me. :)

When I'm about to GB them I try to position them in these situations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back