Valentine's Day DLC

my thoughts are that it is on the disc and should have been given to us in the first place

i will not support Namco nickel and diming us in addition to shipping an incomplete game

do not buy it

The DLC are on the disk so that we can use them when playing with people who don't have them. The game is complete without them.

Yeah, some of the things I hate that they took out like the dual color hair. Like the mohawk.
I may have to hold on this DLC. Hoping for good Holiday and Halloween stuff.

I think Z.W.E.I has the dual color hair and the poofed out hair (forgot the name) but, I do miss the dual color mohawk.

they just put it out in the last 15 minutes.

UPDATE: well. just used my powerup reward points to buy the dlc CaS pack and a couple of songs from SC2. can't wait to see who i can come up with now and here those pieces during battle.

It's up. I got sc2 and 3 soundtrack. Though I am kinda upset that Raphael's sc2 soundtrack isn't there.
SC3 soundtrack is better atm.
My favorites are Ephemeral Dream and Forsaken Sanctuary

i was so happy when i got Hubris and during gameplay heard that it was the second version that was done with that two string violin instead of that keyboard programmed to violin. and got raise Thy Sword as well. didn't like the SC3 songs. didn't have any umph to them that i liked from the SC2 soundtrack. still wish Unwavering Resolve was part of the selection though.

Does anyone know if it has staggered release in different geographical regions? I cannot find it anywhere on the PSN, even when searching with input words Soulcalibur. It only shows old stuff, not the new pack V___V

Just FYI, the SC3 tracks seem to be poorly equalized - they're much quieter than any of the other music. Just a heads up, you might want to hold off on buying it until Namco addresses the issue.

The DLC are on the disk so that we can use them when playing with people who don't have them. The game is complete without them.
its thinking like this that keeps devs practicing this

its on the disc when it shipped for retail, therefore it was done in time for release

it should have been part of the game, pre planned DLC is just a way of milking your customers

Obligatory:
c3a3ef5b_dlc-mona-lisa-1.jpeg

its thinking like this that keeps devs practicing this

its on the disc when it shipped for retail, therefore it was done in time for release

it should have been part of the game, pre planned DLC is just a way of milking your customers

So you would rather not be able to use DLC when playing with that don't have them?

So you would rather not be able to use DLC when playing with that don't have them?
i would rather that namco give us the whole game in the first place like they should have

for reference, see picture above, shows it all pretty much. they took the complete game and cut parts out of it to sell as DLC, and thats not even counting retailer exclusive pre order bonuses....

i would rather that namco give us the whole game in the first place like they should have

for reference, see picture above, shows it all pretty much. they took the complete game and cut parts out of it to sell as DLC, and thats not even counting retailer exclusive pre order bonuses....

As I have already said, the game in complete without the DLC(maybe except Dampierre). All I see with that picture is that someone do not undestand this and made that picture because he had nothing better to do.

The DLC that is being sold for $2 and $3 is not core to the game itself. It's extra, so that above picture is incorrect. You don't need to buy it, nor is anyone putting a gun to your head forcing you to do so.

Would I love it for free? Absolutely, however the world doesn't work that way and video games are expensive to produce. But the game is not incomplete just because they're selling some CAS parts and music which most people wanted as DLC to begin with, plus there's plenty of other games with on-disk DLC.

And the preorder bonuses are there to get people to buy the game new instead of used which the publisher doesn't make any money from. I wish things were different, but that's the nature of today's video game market. Deal with it.

As I have already said, the game in complete without the DLC(maybe except Dampierre). All I see with that picture is that someone do not undestand this and made that picture because he had nothing better to do.
you can deny it all you want, but the fact remains that what they are selling as DLC was done and complete by the time they shipped the game, therefore it should have been part of the game. if parts of the game are missing the game is not complete. the fact that you choose to ignore this industry trend and support it is alarming. you can make ad hominem attacks and say i have nothing better to do and thats fine, but it just goes to show that you cant attack my argument so you attack me.

The DLC that is being sold for $2 and $3 is not core to the game itself. It's extra, so that above picture is incorrect. You don't need to buy it, nor is anyone putting a gun to your head forcing you to do so.

Would I love it for free? Absolutely, however the world doesn't work that way and video games are expensive to produce. But the game is not incomplete just because they're selling some CAS parts and music which most people wanted as DLC to begin with, plus there's plenty of other games with on-disk DLC.

And the preorder bonuses are there to get people to buy the game new instead of used which the publisher doesn't make any money from. I wish things were different, but that's the nature of today's video game market. Deal with it.

you could say that any alternate costume is not core to the game itself, but they are in the game. things like this are not core to the game but are usually included if the dev isnt shamelessly grabbing for cash. some people like to have everything that is included with the game in order to have the complete version of the game, especially considering that this game seems rushed and incomplete in some facets. and a whole character left out, that is essential to the game

pre order bonuses like the catwoman dlc for batman AC and online passes are ways of encouraging people to buy the game new. RETAILER SPECIFIC preorder bonuses are the scum of the earth. take mortal kombat for example, if you wanted retro sub zero, scorpion, and reptile at launch you would have to buy 3 copies of the game from 3 different retailers. retailer specific pre order bonuses are the worst kind of DLC and in no way serve to encourage buying the game new, again they are just a way to sell more pieces of the game to the consumer later on to make more money.

you can claim it is the nature of todays market, which is true to an extent, but the only reason it is so is because people are ok with it. if people would not accept the shameless cash ins of some DLC and not buy it then companies would not feel validated selling it. there are differences between substantial good DLC packs (see GTAIV) and milking the customer dry (anything capcom puts out) dont support the latter. im not against all DLC, just not things that should have been included from the outset

Those petty shameless developers grabbing for cash..... You know that's generally not who profits, right?

The argument that "if you sheeples stop buying then they'll stop selling" is true - except that just means they won't be producing any more additional content. The whole lifecycle of the game needs to be successful to warrant support and add-ons. Not just the initial sale. This isn't 1985 when a floppy disk constituted the only version of a game you'll ever see.

Besides, who is more petty.... the person demanding that they're entitled to irrelevant bras or the company that's actually out there producing content.....

Back