Vincent's Review of SCV

MONEYMUFFINS

[13] Hero
Critical Edge is amazing! If you've always wanted Namco to sell out to Capcom.

Just Guard is slick! If you lack a conscience and play broken.

Move lists are fleshed out! If you want it butchered in half.

The Collector's Edition is a complete fan service! If you want a fragment of SC5's soundtrack.

Online play is less laggy! If you want another excuse to avoid offline tournaments.

Winning streaks are no longer shown in the bottom corner! If you want everyone to feel like a winner.

Mixups are still strong! If you want your low pokes to have no range, ring outs to happen never, and medium speed mids to be completely unacquainted with a frame trap on block.

Button configuration cannot be changed on the character select screen! Nothing witty here. You're just a sick bastard, Namco.

Final Verdict: 2/10
cwj7n.jpg
All SCs are equally bad. This game is barely tolerable since I'm still the best at it.

1. Critical Edge doesn't harm the game in any way. It's much more useful than the SCIV's Critical Finish
2. No clue what you're trying to say there. You got really slangy
3. I agree with this
4. I didn't get this so I can't judge but the 3/5 stars on Amazon says a lot since most things there are rated high
5. This is a good thing. You make it seem like not doing offline tournaments is strange/bad/wrong
6. They are...
7. It really depends on what character you're playing
8. You can change it in options or when you press START during a match. This isn't an issue

Having 3 mimics is more of a letdown than many of these. There's a thread around here called "Complain about SCV." You might like it there.

Fail, and you can see winning streaks, you sir know nothing and are terrible at Soul Calibur if you can't do any ring outs, go back to training mode and use your brain some.

1. Critical Edge doesn't harm the game in any way. It's much more useful than the SCIV's Critical Finish
2. No clue what you're trying to say there. You got really slangy
3. I agree with this
4. I didn't get this so I can't judge but the 3/5 stars on Amazon says a lot since most things there are rated high
5. This is a good thing. You make it seem like not doing offline tournaments is strange/bad/wrong
6. They are...
7. It really depends on what character you're playing
8. You can change it in options or when you press START during a match. This isn't an issue

Having 3 mimics is more of a letdown than many of these. There's a thread around here called "Complain about SCV." You might like it there.
Sir, are you really responding to this?

Are you serious?!

Ok..

Although I thoroughly enjoyed "the making of SCV" from the CE disk.

You seriously think I was serious? JK :D

Speaking of the making of, I love the part where they said the relationship of Soul Edge and Calibur will be revealed and there will be lots of story XD

Which one of you genius moderators decided to move this thread to the casual forum? I am as competitive as it gets.

Fail, and you can see winning streaks, you sir know nothing and are terrible at Soul Calibur if you can't do any ring outs, go back to training mode and use your brain some.
Where are these so-called win streaks? I have no reason to trust a 31 year old man who obsesses over Talim and school girl outfits. You could never beat me in SC even if you put money on the line.

Yah...we all make mistakes.
Don’t fall for Pat’s lies. My post is 100% legit.

You seriously think I was serious? JK :D

Speaking of the making of, I love the part where they said the relationship of Soul Edge and Calibur will be revealed and there will be lots of story XD
Speaking of that, I love everything Namco promised but failed to deliver.

e.i.,
"we can't reveal whether or not viola is amy. we're just going to say that viola is important in the story." Really?
"there will be no doubles in this game." Really now?

And the latest:
"we are working on readjustments." Uhh ok. make sure you're telling the truth this time.

Although...
Despite all the hate that SCV story is getting, I honestly like it. More than SCIV.
I like how linear it is; not confusing like freakin' SCIV's (how would you be able to fight Algol with Sophitia if
Siegfried already beat him from my previous play the night before?) I'm glad that Namco made the story the way it is.
I just wished they incorporated more of the other characters in it.

Ok I'm done. Good night.

Which one of you genius moderators decided to move this thread to the casual forum? I am as competitive as it gets.

Where are these so-called win streaks? I have no reason to trust a 31 year old man who obsesses over Talim and school girl outfits. You could never beat me in SC even if you put money on the line.

Don’t fall for Pat’s lies. My post is 100% legit.

There are little crowns on the bottom left and the bottom right of the screen to indicate winning streaks, at least I have noticed them on xbox live ranked matches and I think the colloseo matches too.

I liked the part where you posted a pic of Hwang that says "SON I AM DISAPPOINT. "

These seem like valid enough complaints to me.

Vints why does your review read like bad poetry a 14 year old who thinks he's smarter than everyone else would write?

I swear I got it as a chain email 2 years ago.

We are rich, but we are starving
We are poor, but we are gluttons
We have eyes, but we are blind
Is suffering only in our mind?

The streets are cold, the streets are empty
But the trains run on time
People need what they can never have
But the trains run on time

All is green
All is blue
When you hurt me it also hurts you

Do you know the muffin man?

Found in a notebook labelled "Vincent's Thoughts" after our last tourney.

Back