Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I personally feel that B+K BE is a waste of meter, I'd rather use 22B/44A BEs for pressure/mixups/combos.

I'm not sure if this is new but, B+K BE tech traps after 4B. It catches back tech only. I was testing and I managed to catch left tech twice in a row but never again after that....so I don't know.

Has anyone found a decent wall combo for 3B, W!, whatever? The only thing I could come up with is 3B (x3), bread and butter, but the damage gets super scaled down. Seems like there should be something else more worthwhile.

Has anyone found a decent wall combo for 3B, W!, whatever? The only thing I could come up with is 3B (x3), bread and butter, but the damage gets super scaled down. Seems like there should be something else more worthwhile.

N/O 3B W! 4B 2B+K BE AAB 9K 2B+K BE AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE AAB 66B W! 66A+BB

idk if you guys knew this but you can move while charging 6A+B, and you can combo into stuff. With the right spacing you can combo it into 3B.

Oh, and at the right spacing you can combo 6A+B into B+K (BE) with only a little charging needed.

btw, B+K (BE) combo:

B+K (BE) CE (filler) AAB ~bnb

that's only gonna work at a specific spacing and is inconsistent as fuck

so inconsistent and difficult I haven't landed it yet

phew finally got it

6(A+B) B+K (BE) CE B B AAB 8K 2A+B 85 damage

Takes 1.5 bars but from a projectile! that'll probably never hit. For the CE filler you need to pop them up enough to hit AAB but not too high or they can AC out. 2B+K (BE) extension doesn't work for some reason.

OK here's the combo you should do if you manage to land B+K (BE). Remember it combos off of 6(A+B) and VS 6B+K.

run up, 66B 66A+B. 64 damage with just the B+K$ hitting.

Not sure if this is here but...

VS 6A+B is amazing. i15 high that leads to good damage with half a bar. Seems like it can easily become a staple punisher, and if you do it after 6B+K on block they still have to throw out a fast move (or duck) to beat it.

VS 6A+B 1A+B 36
VS 6A+B 2B+K BE AAB 2A+B 1A+B 75 damage

Can add more damage with 2 bars etc

N/O
3B, AAB, back dash 6AB, B+K BE, dash up 2A+B, 1A+B- 83 damage

unfortunately I think the orb returns too quick for N/O 2(A+B) to be possible, it always comes out as W/O 2A+B otherwise this could be doing a lot of damage :(

n/o 22 A+B, BE 2B+K, run up AAB, 66B, 66A+B = 94 dmg 50% meter

n/o 22A+B, 2A+B = 30 dmg no meter

w/o 22 A+B, 66A+B 68 dmg

You can also use another meter for a longer combo and dmg but thats just an example of what you can do off of n/o 22 A+B. Its a good combo starter cause its safe on block with or without orb and it tracks.

W/O 6AB B+K(BE) 44A+B = 83 DMG / 1 meter (Strict timing, done very fast)
Alternatively, with different timing the 44A+B unblockable will cause back launcher (Back R/O)

W/O 6AB B+K(BE) (CE) -- do the CE before your opponent comes back down, just as the orb returns closest to your body, and watch how far they fly behind you. Back R/O from VERY far away.

Forgive me if this has already been documented, but CH WS B, 33B (hold) catches right, back and front tech. Also, after an N/O 4B, 2B+K will catch right or left tech depending on whether Viola steps left or right after the 2B+K. If the opp. techs right and you step left, 2B+K trips them and you can combo into 2A+B. Time the 2A+B correctly and you'll get the W/O version. If the opp. techs right and you step right, 2B+K misses, but you can force block by doing 2A+B anyway.

N/O 3B, AAB, 1B, B+K......... B+K wont hit, but the opponent will be backwards, use this as an oppurtinity to set up a back grab....

N/O 2B+K, 44B, 2B 50 or so damage....

W/O 6AB B+K(BE) (CE) -- do the CE before your opponent comes back down, just as the orb returns closest to your body, and watch how far they fly behind you. Back R/O from VERY far away.

This also works off of N/O 6B+K.

N/O 6B+K B+K BE CE.

hello everyone, been siphoning all your wonderful combos and i am very grateful, i hope they will help me get very far with viola

anyway decided to contribute since the last two posts gave me an idea to combine them with another combo i read on here

n/o w/o w/e 6AB B+K BE as soon as the orb connects, then 66B 66A+B 83 dmg
n/o 6B+K B+K BE as soon as orb connects, CE 66B 66A+B 64-86 dmg depending on how close you are during BE

dunno how useful these would be in the heat of battle, but if you can pull of the BE timing after orb connection, you could have a handy tool

btw pooty i tried your back turn combo setup, but the fact is it lands me too far away from the opponent and by the time i would dash forward they should be slashing unless they are total deer in headlights

I still use 66B 66A+BB as a combo ender, see no reason to give up the damage if no one knows they can actually escape it :P

@bane....

ya i was attempting it in a few matches....it got me no where real fast....im thining of instead of grabing ima start delaying a 3B. hopefully with the delay and the person attmepting to slash ill land a counter hit....gana go test it out....

also i wouldnt fret about the 66B 66A+B ender, if done right timing and position correctly (not sure the right one for either setup) it truly is untechable, in reality its more of a guess you never know what u will get, in reall matchs ur highly likly to pull the ender off, and if opponent begins to catch on, then its not hard to mix it up. like add 1A+B instead of 66A+B, or old school 8k finesher.....

you cant do 44A BE after combo because it brings the orb back to you, and ya my combo doesnt work :( but i guess youre right most people dont know to tech it but i have had some people do it before

N/O 4B, 6B+K, 3B, (orb hits otg), 3B

you can other variants, but this one is pretty consistent and strong (50 dmg w/o tech, 60+ w/ tech)

Back