Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I'm having trouble hitting AAB after SET 33B - is the timing on this just super strict, or is it not always guaranteed? Is there a better follow up?
Like Aragh said, you have to take a step forward. I do it like 33B 66 5AAB. It's not so difficult once you get use to it.

I don't know if anything Elysium does would go in here, but..
SET 6B+K 3K CE = 121 damage.
SET 6B+K A+B CE = 150 damage.
SET 6B+K Backthrow CE = 137 damage.

Pretty good if you ask me.

PS: Viola's broken now. lol

Oh, and SET B+K BE B+K BE 6B+K A.A.B 66B 66A+B.B = 136 damage. If the 6B+K hits, it does 145 damage.

OOOH! And SET B+K BE B+K BE 6B+K B+K BE A.A.B 66B 66A+B.B = 171 damage. If 6B+K hits, it does 180 damage.

SET B+K BE 6B+K B+K BE 6B+K B+K BE 6B+K B+K BE 66B 66A+B.B = 182 damage.

Super hard for me, you have to do all of them as soon as the previous hits or it won't work.

As for the four BE one, you CAN get 6B+K A.AB to fit in before the 66B, but it's a bit too hard for me.

Nice going, Namco. Nerf a decent character, buff up an already combo-frenzy hoe.

Eff you. >.<;

Very nice, though. :/

To be fair, this exists because of a glitch I'm pretty sure.

If you use 2A+B from the side right when they hit the ground, it ground stuns them backturned from you. So you get 9K, and for some odd reason 2A+B stuns again after that 9K 2B+K relaunch.

Late Night Lab Time eh......and a 5 BE combo....

Lol I forgot to count B+K BE when I first did it.

No worries, though. End it early with 66B 66A+BB instead of 6A+B for 215.

Ah and I forgot to add - this works off any B+K BE starter. The 6B+K 3K one does even more damage, as does the 4A+B one.

Lol I forgot to count B+K BE when I first did it.

No worries, though. End it early with 66B 66A+BB instead of 6A+B for 215.

Ah and I forgot to add - this works off any B+K BE starter. The 6B+K 3K one does even more damage, as does the 4A+B one.

Sorry but I am new to Viola, which is 6B+K, 3K and 4A+B? N/O or W/O ?

Sorry but I am new to Viola, which is 6B+K, 3K and 4A+B? N/O or W/O ?
He's referring specifically to ways to combo into B+K BE as the starter for the rest of the combo he has posted.
Meaning:
- SET 6B+K 3K (orb hits) B+K BE into combo
- SET 4A+B (orb hits twice) B+K BE into combo

The way he started the combo was instead: CH 6AB B+K BE into combo, which is apparently the least damaging starter. Though keep in mind that the combo he is doing is probably more for theatrics after the third BE. He posted the full transcript for his combo a few posts up.

SET 33(B) 66B 2B+K BE 33A 2B+K BE 66B 2B+K BE B+K 66B 66A+B.B = 192 damage.
It's fairly guaranteed, but I think they MAY be able to tech out of it. They couldn't tech left, so..

Edit: If B+K BE and 66B hit at the exact same time, it does 80 damage.
B+K BE 66B (same time hit) 66A+B.B = 108 damage.

B+K BE 66B (66B hit first) 66B 66A+B.B = 116 damage.

If you use 2A+B from the side right when they hit the ground, it ground stuns them backturned from you. So you get 9K, and for some odd reason 2A+B stuns again after that 9K 2B+K relaunch.
I was about to say... so if one was to ignore that glitch and remain in the realm of 4 BEs you'd get something like:

CH 6AB B+K BE 2A+B 2B+K BE AAB 9K 2B+K BE dash AAB 6A+B 2B+K BE AAB 66B 66A+BB as a 4-meter combo? I'm at work and can't test, but it should still break 200 damage I'm sure.

[EDIT - Though I'd like to bump]
Not at home so I can't test it out, but can B+K BE be used after 66K BE? What other options does 66K BE have as a setup? It feels like that and A+B BE are completely overshadowed at this point.

Ahem, I'm trying to find some effective set ups for this move that are actually viable and don't end up in the momentum of the match messing up. So far all I've found that is viable is the third hit of 44A(BE) and 6AB

Any others?

- CH 6AB B+K BE
- SET 4A+B B+K BE
- SET 6B+K 3K (orb hits) B+K BE
- SET 6B+K 3A (orb hits) B+K BE
- SET 44A BE 66 (orb hits twice) 6B+K 3K (orb hits) B+K BE

This was all mentioned in the combo thread.

ORB 2A+B B+K BE works as well. SET 2A+B doesn't give enough frame advantage I don't think, but I haven't tested it much. I'm sure you use ORB 2A+B a lot, especially with juggles, so it's very viable.

Another noob question of me
I saw this combos on the combos topic but I cannot do it

W/O 3B, AAB CE 8A+B (wait for CE to finish) AAB 2A+B 1A+B

My issue is the CE never hit the opponent after AAB, is there any hint for this ?

What other options does 66K BE have as a setup
Lol. 66K BE is her best BE move second only to 44A BE.
You can hold A+B+K there, which is a great setup by itself. Either they block it full charge and you get a free 3B, or they eat a charged orb into 2B+K BE if they react too late or you may release it early (which also combos if 66K connects, add 2B at the end) whenever they catch up with that trick for a 50/50.

From her 66K (BE) guard break, you can get 6B+K 6B for an extra 33 damage to a throw/3B combo. Good stuff.
You can't get 6B+K 6B off her SET 2(A+B) guard break.

Lol. 66K BE is her best BE move second only to 44A BE.
You can hold A+B+K there, which is a great setup by itself. Either they block it full charge and you get a free 3B, or they eat a charged orb into B+K BE if they react too late or you may release it early (which also combos if 66K connects, add 2B at the end) whenever they catch up with that trick for a 50/50.
1) Thanks for, if indirectly, answering my question about 66K BE into B+K BE. Though I don't think it's worth a full bar, good to know my options.

2) So essentially it's the 2nd best BE because of a huge hit confirm window? Viola is 50/50 mixups all over with and without the BEs so I guess I undervalued this BE. I like 66K a lot on it's own so I'll have to play around with this. I was under the impression that 66K BE full charge was not safe, which means smacking you in the face would be a good way out of the entire mixup. Again, need to test =/
From her 66K (BE) guard break, you can get 6B+K 6B for an extra 33 damage to a throw/3B combo. Good stuff.
You can't get 6B+K 6B off her SET 2(A+B) guard break.
I definitely like this option more than Ryder's B+K BE from a blocked full charge. Still get the launch without using more meter.

Thanks for both responses.

Back