Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

^Makes sense...sorry for not paying attention. Two questions: Is damage from the rushdown guaranteed? Why not 2A+B for the stun? Leaves you SET.

I thought he mentioned that the reason was because 8A+B gives really good SET 6B+K rushdown, while ORB 66A+BB leaves you in ORB stance so it gives kind of poor rushdown by comparison, and since the combo is so long the difference in damage is probably not very significant.
Actually its because after the final 2B+K BE (And I am NOT joking here) the game itself thinks you're taking the piss and only gives you 1 more hit before instantly dropping them out of the combo, so the only thing that is garunteed and worth doing is 8A+B due to the hitstun deterioration.

Fun fact:
I thought about this combo and discovered it when practicing doom jB loops in uMVC3. Just sayin, lol.

Actually its because after the final 2B+K BE (And I am NOT joking here) the game itself thinks you're taking the piss

I had a bit of a chuckle at that. In any case, the AAB 66B 66A+BB ender only works (reliably) after the first 2B+KBE in any combo as far as I know UNLESS the opponent attempts to air control it - in which case it does connect. Why that is, I have no idea, but outside of Synraii's doom combo the most damaging reliable ender seems to be just plain 66B 66A+BB (and 8A+B for better oki, obviously).

44A BE, 3B, AAB, 2A+B, 2B+K BE, AAB, 6A+B (short hold), 2B+K BE, AAB, 66B, 66A+BB - I've gotten this off once online. Just this last week. Haven't done it previous or since. After the second 2B+K BE the timing is really tight. I think I usually do AAB a little too early here. For me the second A whiffs under the opponent usually. You have to wait until they're right at your chest.

I use 6AB, B+K BE a lot more now too. Still don't use her other BE's much if at all.

44A BE (at second orb hit->) B+K BE (hold 4 to step back a tiny bit) 44A+B. The only way to avoid the unblockable is to tech right/left. If you don't step back a little, the unblockable combos a non-ukemi..ing opponent and only does about 120something total.

44A BE, 3B, AAB, 2A+B, 2B+K BE, AAB, 6A+B (short hold), 2B+K BE, AAB, 66B, 66A+BB - I've gotten this off once online. Just this last week. Haven't done it previous or since. After the second 2B+K BE the timing is really tight. I think I usually do AAB a little too early here. For me the second A whiffs under the opponent usually. You have to wait until they're right at your chest.

I use 6AB, B+K BE a lot more now too. Still don't use her other BE's much if at all.

If you go test it in training mode with and without air control you'll find that when it's on the AAB will connect and when it isn't on, the opponent will drop out of it.

violas combo starter 6AB B+K BE 2 A+B is 101 damage and can be contionued with 2B+K BE and all together that takes 1 full bar this is by far my favorite thing to do when doing comos

Okay, so this is weird and serves virtually no purpose but I just had to point it out because it makes no sense to me.

If you perform a 2B+K and then immediately WS B at exactly the right distance, roughly one character space between viola and her target, (I'd say it's max distance of WS B) the 2B+K will hit at almost exactly the same time and launch them into the air just like 2B+K BE does to opponents on the ground. It only works on regular hit, as counter hit makes them jump over the ball, if they are too close the ball returns to Viola without striking, and WS K and A do not share this same odd effect. I feel it has something to do with the ball hitting them because they are airborne which gives it a weird launch property. You can also get 66B 66A+BB for 87 damage, or 6A+B afterwards, so bullshit can ensue.

It's a set up you will never use. Ever. But I'm just so tickled by it's existence I felt like sharing. Like honestly when it happened I just kinda stared for a second in that "what the hell did I just see" kind of way.

So, yeah, I have a question. Is this a combo or not:

44A BE 6B+K 6B 3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE 44A BE 2B+K BE etc etc

....because the 44A BE seems to connect after the 2B+K BE.

If you perform a 2B+K and then immediately WS B at exactly the right distance, roughly one character space between viola and her target, (I'd say it's max distance of WS B) the 2B+K will hit at almost exactly the same time and launch them into the air just like 2B+K BE does to opponents on the ground. It only works on regular hit, as counter hit makes them jump over the ball, if they are too close the ball returns to Viola without striking, and WS K and A do not share this same odd effect. I feel it has something to do with the ball hitting them because they are airborne which gives it a weird launch property.
Yeah, it's the 2B+K hitting them in the air. With most moves, it won't work, but WS B's slight launch..thing makes it hit just in time.

Its kind of a retarded property for the move to have since that quite literaly seems to be the only way to achieve said effect

Works on all characters
100% meter
196-202 damage
Enormous forward RO potential
Free 6B+K mixup afterwards
Hit confirmable from a safe mid step killer in 6B+K mixups

I found this last night, but with a different starter and lethal damage:

6AB B+K BE (6A+B 2B+K BE 66 AAB)x3 66B 66A+BB

Tested at 245 damage on Cervantes, though he hit the wall at the very end (66A+BB) Got 235 on Ezio with no wall hits at all, but there are quirks to damage (covered in a bit), so 240+ may still be possible.

The main caveat here is that it starts with a high, and 6A needs to CH to legitly combo into the follow up. On the other hand, this lets you do obscene damage regardless of whether the orb is held or set. There are a few notes on damage:

-if you time the first 6A+B to hit just as the opponent is about to hit the dirt after the B+K BE, you get a bit of extra damage since B+K BE has that bit of damage on landing; timed right, training mode shows simultaneous hits of 12 and 8 damage

-every 6A+B afterward has the potential to hit twice depending on spacing/timing, but it's difficult to consistently get the two-hitters; I find myself dropping more often when I go out of my way to try for it

-it is possible to get AAB 66B 66A+BB in at the end (at least on Cervantes and Ezio; haven't tried others yet), but if you're off on the timing, you get the one-hit-and-drop effect that you noted.

While the damage on this is obscene, I'm not sure it's really worth it in most cases. Excellent if you need to clutch out a win and have the meter, yes; but when you consider that you can almost 2x the damage from 4 smaller combos that use 50% meter each (3B AAB 6A+B 2B+K BE AAB 66B 66A+BB; 108ish damage). Still very good to have at your disposal though. It's also most likely going to get Viola nerfed in the future =T

Edit: Just got 249 on Ezio, 6B+K 3K starter, no wall hits. Definitely getting nerfed.

CH 6AB B+K BE 2A+B 2B+K BE AAB 9K 2B+K BE dash AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE AAB 6A+B 2B+K BE AAB 66B 66A+B was posted several pages back. Same shit really, just substitute whatever you want in the middle of the combo.

Also, I'm still pretty sure that if they don't attempt to air-control, they'll drop right out of your combo the third time you attempt to input AAB.

I've actually gotten a third AAB work with and without air control (tested immediately after I saw your post; managed up to four or five AABs with no a/c); I've seen the dummy drop out of it in both settings as well, so I chalk up the drops to execution error.

Ah, I guess I didn't look far enough back then. That combo is inefficient though. Where extensions are concerned, 2A+B is a net damage loss in every combo I've tried it in; 6A+B seems to be the universally better choice. I imagine using 9K requires a wall close by; I couldn't manage it in open spaces, but I could be wrong.

Time for some not so useful but not entirely useless wall combos!

ORB 3B W! ...
  • 66A 66A+BB (57 dmg)
  • 4B 2A+B (55 dmg - sets the orb)
  • 44AB (53-55 dmg)
  • 3B 66K BE shenanigans
Adding another 3B after the first one will only lead to damage scaling (although it will probably give a very little bit more meter).

SET A+G 6K W! BT 2B+K BE AAB...
  • 66A 66A+BB (100 dmg)
  • 8A+B (91 dmg, if you're standing in a corner and you're lucky 8A+B also does a wallsplat and gives you slightly more damage. Yaaay.)
Ultra situational. The opponent has to stand RIGHT in front of the wall, or else the 6K wont launch him hit to the wall. :( As a side note, the 2B+K BE launches pretty high so you have a lot of time to turn around, don't stress it.

SET B+G W! 2B+K BE AAB...
  • 66A 66A+BB (91 dmg)
  • 8A+B (81-84 dmg, depends whether you hit the wall again or not)
Much less situational, but the timing is ridiculous... ;_;

Back