Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

set B+G grab can break walls, but is there a way to guarantee a ring out from relaunch? 2B+K BE seems to be able to catch them before they tech out sometimes, but the timing is very strict; I literally have to input it just at the moment I recover from the grab animation to get the relaunch, and even then the relaunch height is shorter than usual

Last edited:
set B+G grab can break walls, but is there a way to guarantee a ring from relaunch? 2B+K BE seems to be able to catch them before they tech out sometimes, but the timing is very strict, I literally have to input it just when I could recover from the grab animation to relaunch, and even then the relaunch height is shorter than usual
You have to have some distance away from the wall for it to work. You can't be right next to the wall or else they'll splat too early and you'll recover too late. And even then 2B+K can still be tricky.

3B AAB 6(A+B) 2B+KBE 44ABE (run forward until final orb hit) 2B+KBE 6B+K 66A AAB (pause) 9A+B.
I am getting something strange here, after 6B+K 66A, my target just falls off from the final hit of AAB.
if instead I don't do 6B+K 66A and just dash forward for AAB 9A+B, my target would still be falling and barely moving back .
it's like they can't be juggled anymore
-----
also, another weird thing in this combo
ch wr B/4B 2B+K BE 6B+K 66A 2A+B 2B+K BE 6B+K 66A AAB 66B <---- target doesn't get knocked down and instead just sort of get hit and then fall off so that I can't 66A+BB as combo ender

it seems prolonged juggle does allow opponent to fall out of juggle strings

Last edited:
After so many hits, the combo drops to stop the user from doing an infinite.

It works the same as a stun not stunning again in the same combo.

Example: Viola 4B ~ Techtrap 4B. The first will stun as usual, the second will just hit them and null out the stun.

Any ideas on the combo used in the EVO 2013 Soul Calibur V Top 8 against Mitsurugi? On youtube its about 23 minutes into the video "EVO 2013 Soul Calibur V Top 8 (full stream part 1/2)" there are two in the third round between RTD and Kinetic Clash. i want to know both of them.

In the third match?

The only two combos I can see there are 33B > dash > AAB > 2A+B > 2B+K BE > SET 6B+K > 66A > AAB > 8A+B
And 44A BE > SET 6B+K > 6B > 3B > AAB > 8A+B

Are those the ones you're talking about?

After a 3B/66B(w!), delayed 3B into 1B works. And while near a wall, 1B 6A+B](very small charge) BBB 3B is guaranteed.

Example combo: SET 3B AAB. 66B(w!). (delayed) 3B(w!). 1B. 6A+B]. BBB. 3B. 2B (BB usually whiffs).

After a 3B/66B(w!), delayed 3B into 1B works. And while near a wall, 1B 6A+B](very small charge) BBB 3B is guaranteed.

Example combo: SET 3B AAB. 66B(w!). (delayed) 3B(w!). 1B. 6A+B]. BBB. 3B. 2B (BB usually whiffs).
I saw Kinetic Clash's picture and just assumed this was an Ivy forum because I didn't read the notification.. I was confused for a solid minute.

Back