Viola Glitch Report Thread

Fuzzieviking

[13] Hero
This is a place for glitches found that either make or brake her and need fixing.

Like for instance, 22_88B(BE), 44A(BE) not executing the extra hits they are supposed to bring, and yet still cost meter.

The orb getting caught in the air causing attacks like 6A+B or other assorted attacks to miss because of it.

The orb being blocked by walls or the edge of the ring.

The orb taking on a ghostly appearance after 6ABB+K(BE) 44A+B, causing it to have the same properties as SET 44A+B, even though the orb is swinging about as if it were ORB 44A+B

If you find anything else that needs patching post it here and hopefully they will get around to fixing it.

I was messing with combos and found.

BE B+K 6B+K. (Qstep to the right ) AAB 2A+B BE 2B+K 6 AAB 2A+B.

Instead of the second 2A+B KNDing and not giving a stun, it will hit the opponent and they will be standing and be hit as if it were by a ground stun. It puts Viola in a disadvantage.

not sure about this. but think this should still be posted somewhere on this forum. this kind of feels like a good place to put it.

Yep, this little glitch was known. Couple videos of it in the combo and videos thread. The actual toss part of it interacts really strangely with a ton of moves. Nothing INCREDIBLY useful outside the back RO off of doing it in a standard combo.

Yep, this little glitch was known. Couple videos of it in the combo and videos thread. The actual toss part of it interacts really strangely with a ton of moves. Nothing INCREDIBLY useful outside the back RO off of doing it in a standard combo.
ah i didn't know that this was known. since i had never seen it before. had not seen any vids of it other than when i made the vid.

Quoted from my other thread (didn't realize this one existed).

To clarify:
6B+K followed by any jump seems to render Viola impervious to damage.

I mean, it doesn't seem to really break anything. If you jump after an 6B+K you're just ruining your setup, right? But since this is the Viola SA I thought there would be some mention of it somewhere.

I found that 44A BE done at the same time as Jin's CE is awesome sauce! I saved the game and will up load it tonight for any fellow XBL members. I got stuck in the air getting hit by my own orb rotation while he got thrown across screen like he CE'd himself. Neato. I don't think either of us took much damage either.

I think everybody knows, that Viola can't do AAB more than 2 times in one combo, cuz on 3rd AAB enemy drops. But after ukemi attempts before 2B+K(BE) "AAB counter" resets, and I can add more, ukemi attempt resets damage-scaling(!). Example (I'll type damage in [...]):
1) No-ukemi: 3B[15] A[7]A[7]B[5] 6(A+B)[5] 2B+K(BE)[11] A[5]A[6]B[5] 6(A+B)[5] 2B+K(BE)[11] A[5]A[6]--->drop - 98 Dmg. (Interesting math - bold moves do 1 more real damage, you see 7 dmg on the screen, but real damage is 8)/
2) There was ukemi-attempts before 2B+K(BE): 3B[15] A[7]A[7]B[5] 6(A+B)[5] (Slight charge) 2B+K(BE)[14] A[7]A[7]B[5] 6(A+B)[5] 2B+K(BE)[14] A[7]A[7] --->no drop - 110 dmg - can be followed by B 6A+B 2B+K(BE) for more damage. Also as you can see 2B+K(BE) do 3 dmg more if there was ukemi attempt.

You also get wall splats reset if they try to ukemi also. Good fun with Astaroth if they try to ukemi out of 22_88K during a wall combo. Not really a glitch though...

has anyone else noticed the strange "glitch" if you do something like 2B+K (not the BE) and immediatle do 9A+B?

It doesn't do retrieve the orb but it shows a track (not doing any damage i think) and it does a regular 9A+B but the orb isn't set and is invisible for a couple of frames and then reappears in Viola's hand.

Not really very handy i guess but its a rather confusing animation.

EDIT: woops didn't notice it was a repost.
sry about that :D

has anyone else noticed the strange "glitch" if you do something like 2B+K (not the BE) and immediatle do 9A+B?

It doesn't do retrieve the orb but it shows a track (not doing any damage i think) and it does a regular 9A+B but the orb isn't set and is invisible for a couple of frames and then reappears in Viola's hand.

Not really very handy i guess but its a rather confusing animation.

EDIT: woops didn't notice it was a repost.
sry about that :D
Yeah, im pretty sure thats not a glitch, I think its a mechanism to prevent viola from creating completely unfair scenarios,
like doing 2B+K forcing a block or JG therefore forcing opponents who cant step to remain still, while she throws out an unblockable, with the extra damage from the orb and reach

Yeah, im pretty sure thats not a glitch, I think its a mechanism to prevent viola from creating completely unfair scenarios,
like doing 2B+K forcing a block or JG therefore forcing opponents who cant step to remain still, while she throws out an unblockable, with the extra damage from the orb and reach
Ok i understand that the 2B+K is canceled for this reason, but why should the orb be invisible for a while and reappear in her hand after 9A+B?

because it would create an easy ring out I guess, or maybe because if were being honest 9A+B is pretty cool move, so if she can reduce the frame to impact it would be a bit cheap lol.
I think any move that creates a spacing opportunity in favour of viola eg large, have been made so you cant use 2B+K prior.
Just an idea, doubt it right though
I mean I guess 2B+K 9B creates a medium gap which isnt great for her, as well as 44AA
Also which the right timing, 2B+K and 9A+B could create an annoying loop.

I was playing the other night online and during the fight after a certain move (I can't remember which) Viola's orb was flying round in circles around the edge of the ring! I wanted to tell my opponent to stop but I didn't have my mic in, and after 3 or 4 seconds he did another orb move and recalled it.

I should've recorded it but didn't think of it at the time. Not really a glitch that needs fixing, looked really cool. It was on the Voldo stage (underground torture chamber which cage walls). The orb came around about once every second, character height.

yup, I just put it down to confusing the orb lol, sometimes it wont come back till end of round, one of violas many and damaging asshole glitches

Set 4B+K canceled into 4A+B glitches out pretty often. The orb gets trapped between dimensions while passing through the opponent harmlessly. I was getting that to happen a lot last night anyway.

Back