Viola is Amy (CAS Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are what we call a try hard. Too bad it's just making you come off as a rabid fanboy who can't accept the fact that Viola and Amy are the same fictional character.
You have something official on this? Such certain terms for speculation. Valid speculation. You're prolly right. But without some confirmation aren't you being a bit of a rabid fanboy who can't accept the possibility that Viola and Amy may not be the same fictional character?

You are what we call a try hard. Too bad it's just making you come off as a rabid fanboy who can't accept the fact that Viola and Amy are the same fictional character.
I have yet to see anyone be as much of a try hard in this debate as you...I mean if there is one individual on this site that gets a boner everytime this topic pops up so he can can fap away on how anyone is stupid for not believing the myth it's you..and yes I counted myself in that running.

Ultimately who cares? What makes Amy, Amy, is gone and we have Viola...since when did u get all hardcore on the fanfic? Is evo doing a story writing tournament this year?

Does anyone notice what Raphael says to Viola when they are battling together.
'You vex me. Who are you, woman?'
(Also note that Raphael is searching for Amy)
He also says 'This cannot be'

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Who said prostitute? I will have you know Viola is a powerful fortune teller and would never dabble in the flesh trade. Besides, her and I have been in a serious relationship for some years now.

wow... Keep your fantasies to yourself.

As for the Amy/Viola debate, even though i believe Viola is Amy for many points, i do think there's a argument to say that she's not.

In SC4 it is written that Raphael infected Amy and that she is no longer human. In SC5 Raphael's curse is called Vampire and he hasn't aged. That means if he turned Amy she can't be Viola because Viola is a grown woman with magic powers, not a child vampire.
With all reasons to believe Viola IS Amy, this is one good reason to think maybe she is not.

What maths are people doing to surmise that Amy should be 24 now, or was in IV?

Also:

• Daishi said a character would be returning with a new fighting style - Aeon. Kilik.
  • The whole amnesia thing makes sense - Speculation, not proof.
  • The flower motif and gothic lolita thing coincides perfect with each other from SCIV's Amy to SCV Viola - Fashion.
  • Same color pattern; navy blue, purple ish, pink-rose-ish - See above. Also Ivy.
  • Same Voice Actor!!!! Lmao - Only actual thing close to 'proof'.
Not that I could give a flying fox either way. Stop crying about it and play the game.

What maths are people doing to surmise that Amy should be 24 now, or was in IV?

...the math of Tri-color star signs. Not years.

...also your list and how your wrote it doesnt sound like someone who doesnt care. More like someone who cant admit that there more better reasons to believe that she is Amy then that she isnt. Nobody here ever talked of proof only that the whole design/character of Viola is so much like Amy that it makes it very possible that she IS Amy.

SC4 says Raph infected Amy with edge curse so Amy is a vampire. - SC3 shows Kilik cure Amy from the curse in one ending. So it IS possible Amy was 'cured'. SC4 also only makes Raph bite people. Amy never bites anyone and she doesnt act in like a vampire in any way. Only the pale skin and red eyes that Viola also has.
Viola is 24 so she cant be Amy. - Viola is 24 Tri-color star signs. Her bio says nothing of her age in years.
The game doesn't say she's Amy so she isn't. - The game also doesn't say Patroklos wants to do the boogie woogie with his sister, but we all know better...

and before anyone else wants to go on a "i dont care but NO SHE ISN'T!!!!!!1!! lmao lol! im so cool" type reply:

I dont say there is proof that Viola is Amy. There is no proof for a yes or a no. Just more reasons to believe that she is then that she is not Amy.

Also as for the 'Daishi said...' argument. Daishi said so many things when they made SC5.

This subject is tiresome. I don't think this forum should be infected with all of this speculatory venom. Until Namco says otherwise, don't read into it

this argument is stupid. it can't be proven one way or another. all this is are people opinions. no one can really know if amy is viola or not. you can try to come up with valid arguments but in the end they're only speculation. and more over all. who gives a crap? this was an interesting subject turn tiresome before the game came out. now that it's out this is just plain dumb.

...the math of Tri-color star signs. Not years.

...also your list and how your wrote it doesnt sound like someone who doesnt care. More like someone who cant admit that there more better reasons to believe that she is Amy then that she isnt.

Well then that's stupid because she was 17 in IV and would either continue being 17, or would have become 32.

Anyway, you're mistaken. I could not give a flying, streamlined toss either way. My post against that list from page 1 merely points out why none of it is 'proof' in any way. Whether she is, or isn't Amy, is inconsequential because she's acting, and therefore for all intents and purposes IS a different character.

Let's not get into any spiteful arguments anyone...

I personally think that Viola is Amy. ? :sc4amy1:=:sc5vio1: ?

-Her outfit is uncannily similar to Amy's
-Her hair bares a resemblence as well
-Ballet dancing moves
-The special quotes with Raphael
-Same voice actor

I however, won't downright tell everyone to throw out their opinion to belive in mine, that is a bit much. Everyone just needs to ease up, and know that everyone is entitled to an opinion.

And PS- Even if Viola isn't Amy, the game developers definately wanted us to think she is...

Since everyone and their mother has already thrown themselves to the bonfire I am just going to join the crowd and enjoy the burning flesh... from a top the cliff you all jumped off of. Please, try to be civil.

In my opinion, Viola is Amy. If I remember correctly, Sectus overlayed Amy and Viola's models and they are were an exact match, not similar, but an exact match. If that is so, that already greatly hurts a lot of naysayer's argument with hard evidence they are extremely similar. While of course, that proves nothing, as speculation will say (Amy's lost sister? We are going there now?), but a lot of speculation for the argument compounds together and really should get the gears turning, can there really be all these coincident? Then again, perhaps there can, and the rest of us are fools.

Let the fun begin:

Amy is Mysteriously Missing and Viola has Ambiguous Origins

It goes without saying that it is always that cliche of a character suddenly disappears and a new character appears in their place that has a lot of questions surrounding them. Usually, this cliche reveals itself easily to the audience and makes itself apparent when the big plot twist ends up being that the person who is missing and the mysterious new entity are one of the same. This cliche only becomes more of a trope when you throw in amnesia and the big plot twist is they remember who they are.

So goes with Viola and Amy in my opinion that such a cliche exists. If we draw from other speculation, such as Raphael is Nightmare, we notice Daishi and PS love to throw out hints such as the line that started it all, "Both Nightmare and Raphael were killed and now are back for mysterious reasons," where you automatically group a character together, and then other factors and similarities begin to show themselves to the point that you recognize the subtle hint begin thrown at your face.

If you believe nothing else is valid, at least understand that this is the first of many conveniences where Amy is missing and Viola is filling up the vacuum, removing a duplicate style but not removing a character. Viola's orb is confirmed to be stealing her memories. Considering Viola woke up with the orb and believes it is the key to her memory, it makes sense why Amy is so suddenly detached from a rapier and so attached to an orb, she believes it is the secret to unlocking her memories (the irony).

Amy and Viola: Twin Sisters?

Many love to complain about how the, "model makers need to make the characters more accurate to their artwork." Without entering a debate about how artists and their style does not necessarily portray everything accurately to photo-realism, I am going to flip around that question of, "Why is Viola's artwork not matched up to her model," to why is Viola's model not accuracte to her artwork? My reason: the artwork came after they reused Amy's old model. I stated this before, I believe Sectus overlayed Amy and Viola's models (I know Raph and Dumas's models were overlayed as perfect matches) and they were matches.

However, in the event I am wrong, I will not elaborate on that point and simply go off the assumption of "they look similar". Why would a model so similar to Amy in eye color and face structure, be used in place of a model that would closer resemble her artwork? While we can throw out other reasons for why a model would be reused, it definitely makes Viola look similar to Amy. If Viola is not Amy, they definitely have a similar taste in curls for their hair. Perhaps just another coincidence though.

Girls Love to Shop Together

When you are done drooling over a young girl's face (perverts), your eyes look down and notice (no, not the bust, or lack thereof) the apparel Viola picked up at the local skimpy, gothic lolita store. Please name a character that was not directly related to another character in any fiction (or used as a satire of that character, which is unlikely in this case) which wore an extremely similar style of fashion.

If none come to mind, I will just throw out the fact that Amy and Viola dress similarly. So what, right? Well, without delving into the psychology of the characters and why they would choose to wear that if they had amnesia, it is PS's way of connecting a character and their theme to the viewer. Ivy has had a style of similar clothing for the past 4-5 games at least. SCV is the first time since SB that Cervantes actually wears a radically different style (and coloring) to his outfit. Sophitia (and by extension, Elysium) has had a similar (if decreasing) theme/style in her outfits since SCIII at least, if not earlier and I almost certain SCV is the first game where Mitsurugi is not just wearing his same armor in a different fashion.

Characters usually do not progress until there is a need to "refresh" their style and appearance as to add flavor to a series, for better or for worse, and I highly doubt Viola is just meant to be "Amy's spiritual successor" in terms of her attire.

AMY!!!

I think anyone who has heard Raphael clean hit gets the idea that he is emphatically searching for Amy who is mysteriously missing. We also notice a nice tidbit PS added where characters have specific sequences and dialogue with each other and sometimes nice little added lines during certain grabs, attacks, deaths, and taunts. In total, Raphael has four unique lines with Viola.

-"You vex me. Who are you woman?" --Opening
-"Strange." -- 66BG
-"This cannot be!" --K.O.
-"Stop looking into my soul! Damn you!" --Victory

Now no one in SCV has specific dialogue that does not have some connection to those characters. Ivy does not just randomly say stuff to Mitsurugi and Yoshimitsu does not randomly suddenly know everything about Siegfried. There are specific reasons or connections between characters, either mildly or closely, that gives reason to their unique dialogue.

Now, why is Raphael given this conversation with Viola? To avoid conspiracy theories, I am going to throw out the idea that PS knew we would think Viola is Amy and that this is meant to throw us off. I am going to take it for what it is and what was given to us. Hinted at least to me, Raphael is noticing some familiarity with Viola and feels there is something about her that he cannot put his finger on.

Then there is his wonderful line he shares with Z.W.E.I. which may actually be nothing as he says the line to both of them. This may be in direct relation to their unique powers (or blood) and he is taking note of that. If it is not that, however, then I am going to assume this is a continuation of his familiarity with Viola and/or her blood (which has some awkward implications of its own).

As for his K.O. line, I always feel it is same ol' conceited Raphael, unable to cope with the fact he lost. However, if these is a connection, it may be him admitting denial to Viola being Amy but I find that unlikely. The last line adds another layer to the mystery. There is something about Viola that irks him, that festers within him. Raphael is actively bothered by Viola's words and possibly her appearance as well. I would describe it as, "That shaking feeling I have seen you somewhere but I cannot put my finger on it." Interpret it how you will, this may be me over-speculating.

Then there is Viola's lines all being voiced by the same voice actor in Japanese and English. Take it as you will, it is extremely convenient that all these other coincidences occur and still more huge similarities are appearing. Her line with the moon swallowing the sun lays out a clear idea that she likens herself to being the moon and him the son. While the symbolism is huge here and there can be many applications of this such as with the immediate defeat of Raph, let us look at the bigger picture. The moon is considered the antithesis to the sun, and they represent many different things.

The moon reflects the light of the sun, Amy is a reflection of Raphael: shunned, despised, different. The sun is the beacon of light we live in, Raphael is the light at the end of the tunnel Viola is searching for. The sun and moon are completely different entities of day and night, Raphael is unhindered by his true nature and searches for Amy, Viola hides in shadows and is lost in darkness because her powers are reviled. These are concepts to draw upon. The actual meaning of the line, with these concepts in mind, are yours to decide and irrelevant to the argument.

Where'd You Learn the Nice Moves?

If you have played SCIV as Amy or against Amy (which I am sure many of you have), you may have found some familiarity with Viola. Several of her moves (mostly the ones with the orb set) are recycled Amy animations such as 44K (Correct input?) with simply the rapier being replaced with her claw or orb. Then again, this could be nothing. Players have noted some of her animations are also recycled Darth Vader and Apprentice animations when they use the Force.

However, since guest characters are never going to be seen again and have no integral connection to the plot, it makes sense to recycle animations (see Aeon with Kratos and Spawn). It is at least worth noting it is another coincidence with Amy. Perhaps it is nothing though.

Product Placement

Mind the bad pun. While this is a debated topic, I am going to throw it out for you all. PS likes having a few convenient placements for the roster. Often times, good and evil are distinctly separated and characters in direct opposition for each other tend to be symmetrically placed on the roster to be directly opposite of their arch nemesis. While I use the term "good and evil" loosely, be aware I mean that they have either aligned with Soul Calibur or Soul Edge, are using or have a connection to Soul Calibur or Soul Edge, or they are leaning on the moral spectrum of Soul Calibur or Soul Edge (the more literal good and evil) . For those of you who deny it, I will point out several direct connections that are extremely convenient.

-Patroklos opposes Pyyrha, good to evil respectively
-Z.W.E.I. opposes Viola, good to evil respectively
-Leixia is next to Natsu and above Xiba, all good
-Ivy opposes Cervantes, good to evil respectively
-Siegfried opposes Nightmare, good to evil respectively
-Hilde is next to Sieg, Tira is next to Nightmare, good to evil respectively
-Edgemaster opposes Algol, good to evil respectively
-Elysium opposes Kilik, good to evil respectively (same gender's styles' mimics)
-Alpha opposes Omega, good to evil respectively

While even among the list I have chosen, there are some glaring issues (Tira is a former "right hand man" to Night, while Hilde's role to Sieg is ambiguous) it shows the repetition of this. Viola is therefore implied to be connected to Soul Edge and is conveniently placed next to Raph and in opposition of Z.W.E.I. (and we know they have an argument and fight for some reason, at least in non-canon). Amy has obvious connections to Soul Edge through Raphael and Raphael was placed next "Amy" due to their shared connection to each other and to Soul Edge.

Then again, I could just be on my last desperate attempt to scrounge for something and am looking into something that does not exist. Perhaps its just another convenience that Raphael is placed next to Viola.

All other points and ideas not mentioned on why Viola is Amy in this endless debate were not included in my observations because I feel they are not substantial reasoning and draw upon outside sources too much, rather than just the information we are given (and a little common sense, in my opinion). Cheers.

--Forgon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back