Virtua Fighter 5 community website...?

i've been trying to get back on vf5 myself! I used to KILL that game from when it came out in 07 all the way till SC4 came out. I probably have 400+ hours on that game

Yeah, that game has the best community (specifically virtuafighter.com), not only are they welcoming, but you will be hard-pressed NOT to find an active member who would not spar or even teach u the basics if you are new. its always a really cool site

VF is always an enthusiasts' fighter. It's almost like a sim. I used to get mad that Tekken beats VF out in the flashiness department, but I'm glad because it filters out all the scrubs. They wouldn't do well anyway, because the only attack you can spam on that game is 2P, and even then, its relatively easy to punish if you see it coming. Its a balanced game, where fighters truly excel in skill and by using their character's strengths and make up for their weaknesses. Those that truly love fighting games will play this, if you like flash, go play doa or go watch a movie

if anyone wants to play me on that game, hit my live GT

I might play Vanessa if I'm desperate and work hard in order to appreciate her stances system...
It's a shame because I like her guard system.
I practiced Lion and think that he might be worth a shot. Especially since he's Rock tier. But I don't like his stances much either, so that's a problem. Looking retarded is also a turn off.

In the end I get the impression that I'll always go back to Aoi no matter how many characters I try. She really seems to be perfect for me. So I'd better get used to it and start practicing her seriously.
Have you tried Lei Fei?

El Blaze isn't flashy. Lei-Fei is.

Shit, Lei Fei is the reason I got into VF in the first place - he's the flashiest character in the game.

I can't stand El Blaze's lame speeches. :P

Lei Fei interests me. I didn't try him yet because he's seen as top tier. But since everyone seems to say that VF5 is very well balanced and tiers really don't matter, I'll probably try him soon enough.

But I like Aoi's lack of mixups. Her lows are trash. She kinda reminds me of Setsuka, but without the strengths.
It should be a negative thing, but that's what I happen to like about her.

Right, I forgot about cancels... Because I don't use them yet.

After reading your post, I went to check a certain video of a match where I've been slaughtered in an Aoi mirror match. Now, I just noticed that they used a few very well placed cancels against me.
Heh, I like Aoi even more now.

Play Sarah. Dunno why low tier is attractive to you, but she's a lot like Maxi. Stances, wake up fun with her auto parries, doesn't do enough damage...

Lion isn't Rock Tier. Yes, his stances are mediocre (And that little dancing one is worthless), but he's still got plenty of shit, including an awesome 2KK.

Hehe I don't even understand why everyone suggests characters. I'm happy with Aoi. Even if she seems like a difficult character to play without solid bases.
But it's good to get opinions about those characters.

Sarah, I'll see later. I was very surprised to see that she was low tier, because I thought she was a very popular character. I saw her a lot in videos, kicking ass... I'll see if she's popular after playing online some more.
If she's not popular, I'll probably try her.

im playing with sarah..so if anyone wants to play..just add me..i like the game...but unfortunatly ,always if im onlin i play agains asian people..a lil bit lagy but its ok....it would be fun to play with anyone who understand what im talking about XD

i dont think Lei-Fei is flashy at all El Blaze and Kage-Maru are the two flashy ones.

I might play Vanessa if I'm desperate and work hard in order to appreciate her stances system...
It's a shame because I like her guard system.
I practiced Lion and think that he might be worth a shot. Especially since he's Rock tier. But I don't like his stances much either, so that's a problem. Looking retarded is also a turn off.

In the end I get the impression that I'll always go back to Aoi no matter how many characters I try. She really seems to be perfect for me. So I'd better get used to it and start practicing her seriously.

yea her Defensive Style and Offensive Style is a bitch to get but if you do then shes beast. Lion is bad but annoying as fuck.

ETEG was way, way too hard. That said, I wish more people played vf. I'd so pick it back up if they release R in the U.S. Sadly, I'll probably have to settle for tekken6.

Also, all the noobs gravitated to Lei. Well, him and Vanessa.

ETEG was way, way too hard. That said, I wish more people played vf. I'd so pick it back up if they release R in the U.S. Sadly, I'll probably have to settle for tekken6.

Not everyone can master every character like Lemmy is The Game did.

A Lei online is very rare from my experience.

what i seen online is a lot of ppl playing Brad cuz everyone thinks there cool, Kage cuz niggas love ninjas, Jacky cuz ppl like Enter the Dragon so they think there bruce lee till they get shoot like Brandon Lee, and Vanessa cuz UFC and ground and pound is the shit, Sarah cuz guys like it when a girl can kick high, Shun cuz theres a lot of durk ppl onlien

Back