Virtua Fighter 5 community website...?

Plume

[09] Warrior
I decided to become a cool kid, so I've bought VF5.

Does anyone know of any good community website for that game? A quick search on google just shows sub-forums on some more general gaming websites... Not very promising.

sorry ..can't help... but I must ask... did you find it in the 5 dollar bin at a place like blockbuster??? lol...

Bah, didn't expect that... Thanks.

And no, I went to buy another game, but didn't find it... so I bought this one instead. It's probably a better buy anyway, and I'm already hooked.
And it can't be worse than SF4.

nope that game is awesome dont worry ^^ its been a while since ive played VF but i think i will start again soon to and the community there is nice to ;)

nope that game is awesome dont worry ^^ its been a while since ive played VF but i think i will start again soon to and the community there is nice to ;)
The VF community is the nicest community out there. There is no "hate" or disrespect. The majority of the players in the VF community have enough common sense to know that their game is small, so they do their best to reach out to other players.

The VF community is the nicest community out there. There is no "hate" or disrespect. The majority of the players in the VF community have enough common sense to know that their game is small, so they do their best to reach out to other players.

I sometimes wonder if that's why their community is so small, I mean look at Tekken lol. Hate all around, and they're like 5 times the size of VF. Kind of sucks, I really wish a community of good people could make it somehow. =(

Or maybe it's just because breaking throws takes too much work in VF.

I sometimes wonder if that's why their community is so small, I mean look at Tekken lol. Hate all around, and they're like 5 times the size of VF. Kind of sucks, I really wish a community of good people could make it somehow. =(

Or maybe it's just because breaking throws takes too much work in VF.
You and I both know that people flock to what is EASIEST, as well as what is the flashiest. Tekken is much easier to play than Virtua Fighter. Virtua Fighter is not only extremely hard to play, but it has so much emphasis on realism that its not that flashy.

(Edit: I admit that it's pointless to give everyone's hypothesis on why VF5 is not popular...
Maybe this thread can be recycled into a VF5 meeting place?
Maybe it will encourage some people to try it again. ...Or buy it.
My xbox name is Subatomjx, so add me if you want to pound on someone clueless in VF5.)

I get the impression that it's what matters is the easiest bullshit to use. Not how easy it is to avoid said bullshit.

Cervantes stun spam is popular because it's strong and easy to perform. Bind A+B somewhere and monkeyslap the controller for a while. Scrubs can't do anything against that except do it too and have fun doing something so simple.

Mitsurugi only needs a few moves with easy inputs to keep going for a while. No need for defense... And scrubs can't do anything against that. Same as above, they start doing it, and enjoy doing something so simple.

So if you want to win, the answer is very simple and easy to reach.

I doubt that it's because of throws being hard to break. (Although I DO feel cheap being an Aoi command-throw and ground throw whore...)

There's the execution speed. In SCIV you can take a break, take a kit-kat between each attack input.
In VF5, button mashing is easy. But playing consciously and carefully at THAT speed? I'm sure that many, many people can't do it.

And ...so far I haven't seen much potential bullshit, but I only had the game for two days...
The worst I've seen was some guy that kept pounding me with small punches. I wasn't able to block punish at all. But that's not the most entertaining kind of bullshit and it requires a minimum of creativity.
So it probably doesn't attract many scrubs.

VF's just not too intuitive if you've spent a ton of time with Namco fighters. Stuff like throws losing to attacks just seems completely contrary. Block stun almost never working in the favor of the attacker tends to be surprising to Namco types too. Add to that the weird juggle properties (as long as you're not on the ground most anything'll juggle, even high punches) creates a very off putting game for folks who hate to learn.

It's trickier online too since a blocked 2p's way stronger online. (You can punish with an elbow offline for example.)

VF's just not too intuitive if you've spent a ton of time with Namco fighters. Stuff like throws losing to attacks just seems completely contrary. Block stun almost never working in the favor of the attacker tends to be surprising to Namco types too. Add to that the weird juggle properties (as long as you're not on the ground most anything'll juggle, even high punches) creates a very off putting game for folks who hate to learn.

It's trickier online too since a blocked 2p's way stronger online. (You can punish with an elbow offline for example.)

The online part is almost a moot point, since SC4's online play is far, far worse.

As far as throws losing to attacks, it kind of makes sense to me. I wasn't used to it, but I'd hardly call it a fault of the game. Really my only problem is that I don't want to put in THAT much work to break throws. If it were a system where you had two break options and had to guess, or could read the arms like in Tekken, but the throw break method remained the same (minus multiple breaks) then maybe it'd be easier for people to pick up.

But then that's just copying a Namco fighter. So how do you make an original throw break system that doesn't require YEARS of practice to be good at? As it stands now, there's just too much execution to fight through before you get to any kind of mindgames.

I don't think VF's throw break system takes years to master, you just need to have the desire and spend a few hours in training mode to get it down, unlike in SC where you can just mash A or B while guarding if you think a throw is coming. One thing it does require besides physical ability is knowledge of your opponent's main throw directions, which could take time learning, but not as much as you would think.

To me, the execution thing only takes a week or two before you can get to the mind games (unless you're using Akira where some of his moves are very difficult to pull off consistently). I really don't think the majority of VF's execution is as hard as some people think.

As far as throws losing to attacks, it kind of makes sense to me. I wasn't used to it, but I'd hardly call it a fault of the game. Really my only problem is that I don't want to put in THAT much work to break throws. If it were a system where you had two break options and had to guess, or could read the arms like in Tekken, but the throw break method remained the same (minus multiple breaks) then maybe it'd be easier for people to pick up.
I wouldn't call it a fault either. It is a big difference though.

As I see it, the throw break system's not so execution heavy once you know what's likely to be used in a given situation. Usually it's either damage or RO that's the big threat. Stuff the damage, stuff the RO and you're pretty much safe most of the time. Even in a situation where both would be bad, that's two buffers, maybe one more for the standard throws. (Crap damage.)

You and I both know that people flock to what is EASIEST, as well as what is the flashiest. Tekken is much easier to play than Virtua Fighter. Virtua Fighter is not only extremely hard to play, but it has so much emphasis on realism that its not that flashy.
VF is very easy to play.

The extremely hard part is looking past its blandness.

I haven't played VF5 in for ever (kinda miss it). Does anyone know if "Virtual Fighter 5: Revolution" will EVER come to console?

Will do in a few hours. I play Aoi, but she seems like a poor choice for a beginner.
I'm torn between playing what seems to be an active defensive character, which I assume is the harshest way to start... or Paitsurugi.

lol i wouldn't know i dont play aoi i play Brad but why dont you try Vanessa she seems like the kind of Character

I might play Vanessa if I'm desperate and work hard in order to appreciate her stances system...
It's a shame because I like her guard system.
I practiced Lion and think that he might be worth a shot. Especially since he's Rock tier. But I don't like his stances much either, so that's a problem. Looking retarded is also a turn off.

In the end I get the impression that I'll always go back to Aoi no matter how many characters I try. She really seems to be perfect for me. So I'd better get used to it and start practicing her seriously.

Back