Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

El Blaze 9P is hilarious. This thing has a godlike 2d-game like disjointed hitbox that beats other attacks, but it's -53(!!!) on block.

The one time I played online the lag was awfulll even on a green bar connection. is this normal?

VF usually plays fairly well online. Used to play Russians and Japanese players with no issues...

Maybe it was just that connection. I'll give it a try agian at some point. Play with meeeee, Mar.

Luckily, we have about 4-5ish people playing at arcade ufo right now.

Combo's are weird on this game, but I like them better then Tekken, because anybody can do a combo and you can't kill somebody off one combo... I don't think. Overall fun minus random wiff's when somebody sidesteps your kick that goes right through them

You've been putting in work man, good stuff.

Does, uh... Does anyone think this game is a little faster than SCV? With all these strings and fast jabs it feels like you have to be really careful in CQC. Maybe it's just me.

It's definitely different...

well its a string based fighter so they have a tendency to move quicker than most fighters. Once you got VF fundamentals down you will become a beast. If you think this is fast drake wait till you play DOA lol. Kinda the same concept just with counters.

Combo's are weird on this game, but I like them better then Tekken, because anybody can do a combo and you can't kill somebody off one combo... I don't think. Overall fun minus random wiff's when somebody sidesteps your kick that goes right through them

You cant kill no one with one combo in tekken unless you got a specific stage and the setup literally has to be perfect for one combo. VF combos in general takes off a average 40% to 60% if you got the right stage and combos. EVO proved how much combos take if you know what you're doing xD. Wolf throw alone takes... 50% life if he catches you which is ridiculous lol.

You cant kill no one with one combo in tekken unless you got a specific stage and the setup literally has to be perfect for one combo. VF combos in general takes off a average 40% to 60% if you got the right stage and combos. EVO proved how much combos take if you know what you're doing xD. Wolf throw alone takes... 50% life if he catches you which is ridiculous lol.

I should stop making comparisons, while drunk. Though I can do a combo (that's easily escapable) but if it hit's it takes about 50-55% of life

I remember the tutorial mode in VF4 (4, right?), and the tutorial mode in SCIII. I wish those "long learning schools" would come back for at least one of these games. I am getting the feeling that TTT2's Fight Lab is not going to be extensive...

---

erm, so far I've been playing Jean (two or so days, I'm Barbarian rank now- how does that work?), it seems like 9K+G, 33PK works as combo filler for everything and does quite a bit of damage, 33PK will even connect again if the other guy touches the wall. Seems easy to play, easy throws, charge gimmicks, land a few 6Ks and it's over... I didn't have such a good time with Taka yesterday, for example...

(I don't get punished for throwing 6K out most of the time...)

so far my "flowchart" has been fishing for CH elbow/low-punch, then going for the launcher or throw. It's peculiar I guess, CH in this game means you're in trouble (CH elbow/low-punch is like +7 or so?) but in SCV, CH doesn't really mean much for most moves, that was a change from IV right?

Elbow being +0 on normal hit really messed with me for a while.

---

I guess someone said that if you get beat in this game you got beat for real. It seems like you have to know your stuff, landing some attacks on normal hit will sometimes put you at disadvantage (???)

It feels like even when you're hitting the other guy pretty bad, they always have a chance to come back if they make the right decision. I mean, compared to SCV, where I hit you once and then just kill you the rest of the way with okizeme...

If I were to get this game, who do you recommend to start up with? You got to take into consideration that I didn't played any Virtua Fighters before.

If I were to get this game, who do you recommend to start up with? You got to take into consideration that I didn't played any Virtua Fighters before.

The easy people to me would be:

Sarah, Eileen, Jacky

They are simple to use and can help you get fundamentals right. Then you can move to the technical people like:

Akira, Aoi, Pai (Pai is a coin toss between ez and hard), Shun

Even so all the people in VF are technical just depends on how you play em.

Back