Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

How execution-heavy is Akira to play? I always wanted to play as him but things like that JF knee scared me away.

I mean he looks really cool.

But, I think a Patroklos looks cool too. I don't go near him, though.

I don't know much about Akira because I couldn't care less about the bastard.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, THE GAME IS NOW OUT ON PSN!
I still have to wait a day for the xbox release...

Also the complete game is 30$ right now for PSN users instead of 45$.

I used to play Akira. If you can JG, you can do the JF knee. I actually use the exact same technique for both.

I haven't touched him since VF4 so things might be different now, but from what I remember the main execution barrier is ending combos with a crouch dash buffered double palm (3346P).

Lookin' forward to this tomorrow on XBLA. Anyone know roughly what time it should drop at?

Played some VF5 with Punishing Soul. Liking Eileen. She seems like a character who needs to stay on the offensive all the time. Lots of stance cancels, and uh... interrupts apparently. Not sure why they're called that, though. 236P, 236K, and 214P don't feel like interrupts at all.

I took a look at Akira, they made him easier in VF5. Though, he's still really hard thanks to some new grabs that only work on counter hit and require some excellent timing to catch them.

How execution-heavy is Akira to play? I always wanted to play as him but things like that JF knee scared me away.

I mean he looks really cool.

But, I think a Patroklos looks cool too. I don't go near him, though.

He is the alpha Pat of the game really. so if your good at busting out those JF you should be ok. He is really really good just man the work to use him is truly work.

Been playing. Won't be able to play much because of MLG and classes next week, but love Vanessa...now...to keep practicing remembering her movelist. x_x

Been playing. Won't be able to play much because of MLG and classes next week, but love Vanessa...now...to keep practicing remembering her movelist. x_x

Haha, I'm in the same dilemma, working solely on the Defensive stance at the moment. And good lord her throws are brutal O_O

I might get this game and try it out ofc ima be a noob at it lol

At $15 it's a low risk. Just based on first impressions, it's quite a bit more accessible than straight VF5 was. So much stuff was simplified.

Just from playing Windstar, damn that movelist got reshuffled. Had no idea how to do Jeffry's throws... Or the kenka kick. Jacky seems fun though. They Bruce Lee'd him up 1000%

Definitely download and try it for free.

Got it, loving Sarah again. Nearly 400/400'ed it though.

All Sega download games have easy cheevos, cheevo whores. -_0

I hope my brothers are playing this game.

I'll be getting it on PS3. Hope to see you out there.

Back