Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Getting good with Serah, yeah I said I would start with a wrestler but I'm always drawn to the blonde girls -__-.

Anyway just been sweating out results my flamingo mix ups. All I see online is Akiras, with a few apperences from Pai and the shaolin guy.

Man, why do all the Akira players I see gotta be so bad...

Ended up losing repeatedly to an Akira player who did nothing by 1P and 2P spam. So dang annoying. Also got stuck fighting an Akira player who spammed strings. Much easier to deal with since its easy to predict and use Aoi's counters to smash them apart. Sadly, I don't know much of a way of creating openings, et al. with Aoi. I can be aggressive, but end up being rather repetitive.

Eileen hasn't been working out too well. I can't get into any of the advanced combos as I keep screwing it up, so I'm just futzing around with basic combos given from the command list.

On that note... I wondering if I should really try to grasp Akira. Lots of his basic stuff is easier to do now, though SPoD, and his new multi-part guard break move are seriously difficult still. I'm not really quite sure how to approach with him either. I like the walking stuff, and the new side-step options are cool, but seem real easy to just break apart with random jabs.

I've personally come across a variety of chars. online, pretty much everyone besides wolf/eileen/taka. Gotta say though, I hate Shun Di right now. It's just...whadahellamasposedtodooooo?! vs. that character -__-

I'm actually finding myself getting bored playing in ranked mode...everyone there is about as skillful as SCV ranked. Nobody knows their combos, or what being a disadvantage means. >.<

I'm actually finding myself getting bored playing in ranked mode...everyone there is about as skillful as SCV ranked. Nobody knows their combos, or what being a disadvantage means. >.<
I got to 1st dan in no time flat on PSN. Level of Comp's higher on XBL from what I've seen. (Though ranked in any online fighter is invariably a joke.)

Despite how much I like VF... I know how it will end up. People will play it and then they will drop it due to difficulty and half of VF's fault is its learning curve. A lot of people shun this game cause of it and I already had half of my friend list dropping it. Sigh... VF truly has a cursed nature for being a great game but people dont wanna learn it >_>x

Final Showdown isn't difficult to learn. Anyone who has an understanding of 3D games should be able to jump into this game no problem, plus much of what you need to know is in the training mode.

The problem is that alot of gamers are lazy. I also used to be concerned with how the game ends up, but now I could care less because the game is awesome. I'm just going to stick to worrying about the present and have fun.

Worst thing is when you get into a laggy game against a Sarah, then they spam -> pp ~ -> pp forever

Other then that half the people I run into try to play it like Tekken depending on one launcher so they can do a combo.

I never accept anything lower than a 3 bar, sometimes 2 if I have been rejecting matches for a while.

And nothing wrong with playing footsies baiting a whiff into combo, it' a viable strategy if it works, I have noticed that those sort of players do freeze up when the pressure is on and you know that 6P eats their 2P spam for breakfast.

Yep also, I find throws are not easy to do compared to SC, Tekken, SFIV etc. The commands are easy, maybe it's the range or the opponent state. But they seem tricky, especially with a hcf or hcb command.

Throws are sometimes harder to land because unlike in SC, throws in VF cannot beat strikes start up frames, unless it's a catch throw. Even if you are +8-9 and go for a 10 frame, any attack will beat it.

I've had some fun with Virtua Fighter, I might end up getting it. But really, between Soul Calibur, MvC, Tekken, Street Fighter, and BlazBlue... I think I'm all fighting gamed-out, lol.

Which can be beaten by delaying the throw.
yo um how's el blaze in that game?lol I was thinking of just picking him up as my 1st char....and goddamn akira's knee boooooo alpha's 1B:B is 10x easier than that knee input....

Hey all,

Just wanted to give a heads up, I'll be running a stream of online matches with some intermediate to high level players probably a few times a week.

If you're interest make sure to subscribe, www.twitch.tv/johoseph
I also upload some of the matches to my youtube page, www.youtube.com/johochef

There's a few matches I recently uploaded in the spoiler:
Enjoy!

Back