Voldo Combos

Voldo Combos

How often do you guys use 1B AT as a combo ender to replace 2A+B, 236K_B? From my own testing 1B does only about 10 less dmg (inside combos), but you get free mix-ups for potentially a lot more damage. If they're not already low on health, it seems the gamble is worth it. Possibly 5x more dmg (throw) on a 50/50 if you know they're the type of player who rarely ducks. If they do like to duck... you guys know what combos come here. Just curious what you guys think about this since I never see it vids.

I'm not at my place right now so I can't check it out for myself and I was curious, what are good things to follow up FT A+B?

Due to the lack of consistency in my 6:6B justframe, I usually followup A+B with 2A+B~CR B/K

However, I hit with A+B frequently and I want to make sure I maximize my damage off of it.

Anything particularly good to follow it up with? (other than elbow just frames)

After A+B, you don't need the 6:6B JF to continue the combo. A regular 66B works. Then you can either add in the JF elbow or go straight into 236B_K, 44[B}K, or 1.

A+B options:

A+B, 66B, 6:6B, 2A+B~CR B_K
A+B, 6:6B, 2A+B~CR B_K
A+B, 66B, 6:6B, 1
A+B, 6:6B, 1
A+B, 66B, 6:6B, 44, MCHT K
A+B, 6:6B, 44, MCHT K

let me add some additional mixups
A+B, 66B, 6:6B, 11 BBB
A+B, 66B, 6:6B, 44 K
A+B, 66B, 6:6B, 44 , 66 only works without walls around..
A+B, 66B, 6:6B, 66 [A] for LF_MC mixups :)
I strongly suggest A+B, 66B, 6:6B, 1 and mixup between throws and fast mids.
Remember that the jf version only let you land an additional 66B, so if you don't manage to do it consistently just don't do it and follow simply with any of the last moves (e.g. A+B, 66B, 11BBB)

Can someone try this:

Counter-hit:
2A+B~CR:A+B+K, 66:B(technically you don't have to do the jf), 2A+B,K

yea...i know, i gots sick stick moves and such. But i've noticed that combo works and i didn't see it in this thread. I do want to contribute more since i'm playing more of the weird guy now

or if you consistent with the jf (like me)
2A+B~CR:A+B+K, 66:B, 66B, 66:B(I don't think this last one will casue the final stun), 2A+B, K

anywho i'm @ work. but can anyone prove this is a TRUE combo

wow...not even a thank you CW for finding that or something.

fuckin canadians :D

i'm glad i can contribute to the community

Surprised that this wasn't listed. I've been doing this combo for awhile. However, CH 2A+B~CR, A+K, BCR B, BS 1K, BS 2B+K, MCHT K does more damage. You can just do it to show boat a bit or if you prefer oki while facing forward, you can finish this with 11BBB instead of 2A+B~CR B_K. If they try to tech during the 2nd and 3rd hits of 11BBB, it will cause them to take extra damage making it a more damaging combo than the former.

However, if the opponent's back is to the edge and you get a CH 2A+B~CR, you can do 66[A+B] and ring them out. It has decent range as well.

It should also be known that you do not need to A+B+K the CR in order to do these combos. You can also CR~G, then input 66B or 66A+B which will act as a RCC.

Sometimes, you can get A+B after a CH 2A+B as well, then follow it up with 66B, 6:6B, 11BBB or 2A+B~CR B_K or 1. Depends on how it hit them, and also distance from a wall.

Anywho, thanks for finding that error, CW.

So, I was dicking around in training tonight and I found something interesting.

CH BS 3B, BS 3B, BS 2B+K, MCHT 66 SEEMS to be guaranteed and so far it is the most damage you can get out of CH BS 3B unless you hit them PERFECTLY with CH BS 3B, BS 2A+B, random directions while mashing K. I don't even think the bomb portion of that is guaranteed. Ending in MCHT is a HUGE advantage, and is really the only reason to use this variation over the others. Well, that and the damage; though, 10 to 3 more points of damage isn't exactly great. I really hope this is a guaranteed combo, because the more ways to get into Mantis Crawl safely, the better.

EDIT: Forgot about Just Ukemis. All CH BS 3B variations can be escaped by just ukemis, if I recall correctly.

EDIT 2: Also forgot about CH BS 3B, BS A+B, etc because of how inconsistent it is.

paragon: what i try to do is to do different combo with BS CH 3B, makes my opponet keep guessing. Because some of those combos have techtraps, when i get home i'll take a look at some and post them if i need to.

also, i hear that 6:6B does a slide knockdown, can anyone confirm this and if so, on what combo, i'm @ work right now so i can't play

Sometimes, i can't do that. i know what you're talking about tho. It seems like the opponet is too far to finish that, unless they're near a wall, i'll try it tho when i get home.

Yeah, I noticed it had a rather strict input time, and you have to be pretty close to them to do it. Looks really cool, though.

Yeah, I noticed it had a rather strict input time, and you have to be pretty close to them to do it. Looks really cool, though.

no doubt, had it not push back so far, that would by my STAPLE combo....only because it would be something voldo would do....

i mean come on....who else does the "hump" in the game...?

CH BS 3B, BS 3B, BS 3B_22B = 85dmg (Any Range)

CH BS 3B, BS A+B, 2A+B CR B_K = 104-105dmg (Max Ranges)

CH BS 3B, Delay, BS 66K, BS 44K 85dmg (Mid Ranges).... or end with BS 2A+B for 80 dmg and MT mixups

CH BS 3B, BS 3B, :BS 2B+K, MT K_MT 66 (JF timing? on the BS 2B+K) 93 dmg (Mid-Close Range)

But my New Fave

CH BS 3B, BS 2A+B~4~2 (3 hit Air Roll) 92 dmg (Any range except Max) and leaves you Front Turned with them at you feet.
You have to BS 2A+B to hit them, 4 to Air spin towards them, and 2 To fall down quick on them.

Anything else...is uncivilized....."By Mennen"

Back