Voldo Combos

Voldo Combos

BS 44A, BS3B, BS A+B, 2A+B, CR B_K for about 90+ (the BS A+B has somewhat strict timing, it's easy to miss it if you're too slow)

this is a combo but the timing is extra strict on the 2A+B, bc if not done fast enough, they can roll back. allowing for u to miss the last half of the combo.

Voldo Combos

Yup, I had those in my old vid ~

For BS A+B to catch CH 3B, you have to be at either medium or long range ; if you're too close, it'll usually always whiff, especially on smaller characters.

One way to 'always' hit is after landing CH BS 3A, BS 3B, BS A+B etc. ~ but of course the stun is shakable. Nice if you want to mix up though, especially to setup wall hits / ROs =)

-Manta-

Voldo Combos

That combo is CRAZY unreliable. The A+B whiffs on some characters near 100% of the time and randomly whiffs on others quite regularly.

Here's the combo I use (escapable by just tech but it's a crazy hard just tech):

BS 44A, BS 3B, BS 3B, BS 66B.

Does 80-something damage and leaves you in back stance right at your opponent's feet.

I messed around with a dozen different post-BS 44A combos and this is the best one by far. It hits 100% of the time against all characters (assuming they don't just tech), it's super easy, it leaves AWESOME wake opportunities from back stance, and it does as much or more damage than any other option except for the unreliable one above.

Voldo Combos

BS 44A, 3B, 3B, 3B would be the best option then, because it'll hit whether or not they tech.

66B is a nice finisher and leads to wakeup, but lately people have not rolled either direction unless they were trying to JF tech earlier, which they can.

The same applies to CH 3B of course -- pretty sweet damage ~

After landing either combo, knowing exactly when BS A+B will hit can be pretty pivotal ~ it could lead to a nicely damaging wall splat or decently ranged RO =)

-Manta-

Voldo Combos

Personally I end that with 22B because I prefer front turned wakeup because of 2A+B and that last 3B flips people away and gives kinda meh wakes IMO

Voldo Combos

You can also end with 1 which is what, plus 8 or something? I do this from time to time to keep them on their toes. Sometimes it garnishes a back throw. wootwoot! Or another 60+ combo.

Voldo Combos

I'm curious about his Wall Combos. Will try some stuff out later on, haven't really explored this area.

Some simple combos I found in the last 10 minutes:

1K, 66B, W!, 6:6BB, 2A+B236B (really simple combo. Does like 72 damage on NH. Never misses. Can do A+B after W!, but does less damage)

BS 3B, W!, 1K, 2B+K, K (Very simple BS Wall combo. Does like 70 damage).

BS 3B, W!, 236~B, 1K, 2B+K, K (opponent must launched high enough. Like 85-90 something?)

BS 3B, W!, B+K, A+B, 66B, 6:6B, 2A+B236, B (harder than previous(opponent must be launched higher). 90-92 dmg)

BS 3B, W!, B+K, 2A+B236A+K, BS CR B, 1K, 2B+K, K (Does highest damage, but hard. 2A+B most likely W! which ruins combo. Does highest damage if whole combo is dealt, and about 83 damage if there is W! after 2A+B)

Voldo Combos

Is the combo CH BS B+K, 2A+B CR, A+K, WR B, BS 1 K, BS 2B+K, K a guaranteed combo? Because it looks like the opponent can shake out of it before the WR B hits. Or does the 2A+B cause an unshakable stun??

Voldo Combos

2A+B causes an unshakeable stun. It's 100% guaranteed.
Holy crap that is freakin beastly! My cousin's jaw is gonna drop if I use this combo on him lol. I used to not be able to pull this off in practice mode consistently because the A+K during CR always came out as just A. To fix this problem, I set L2 as A+K and now I can do the combo guaranteed 100% (well, maybe 98%) of the time! I love how you can hit confirm the BS B+K before you do 2A+B. If the opponent tries to grab and you use the BS B+K tech jump, does it register as a counter hit?

Voldo Combos

if you catch them before they recover, yes.

I find that the best way to fish for a CH with BS B+K is to use it at it's max range, by walking in and out to bait a whiff just outside the range of your opponent.
Voldo moves like greased lightning in BS stance, use it to your advantage!

Voldo Combos

Guys my Voldo combo's are weak and I'm wondering how I can get better at them.

I have a huge problem with any 2A+B CR A+K movements. I just can't seem to get the A+K BS transition fast enough to be able to smoke them with a WR B to the 1K......they end up falling to the ground.

Due to this, my combo's suck...to be SAFE, I do something like

CH A+B, 1K, 1(B)_ throw/A+B mixup

CH 3A, 3BB

Don't laugh...;_;....I seriously just haven't been able to get the Voldo combo's down yet. Recently I've improved greatly with Raphael and now it's time to revitalize my Voldo game again, so I want to get better.

I'm just wondering if there's advice for a quicker A+K/WR B transition...or if I'm doing something wrong.

Ruiner

Voldo Combos

you know, i don't even really notice how i hit it... lemme check...

ok! figured it out...

try doing 2a+b~236 as one fast motion. the cr should always come out when you do it like this even though it seems really early. now that you've gotten used to that, you can focus on simply hitting a+k. hit a+k as 2a+b hits the opponent. think of it like a jf: you got to hit the a+k as the move hits in order to continue the juggle. this should cause voldo to go into cr BS immediately. the last input for this part of the juggle is the bs ws B. if you can't hit this regularly, my suggestion would be simply to mash it out. you don't lose any style points for mashing, the move will come out, it will continue the juggle, and that will make you happy.

Voldo Combos

Didn't these mentioned:

MCFT 6A+K, MCFT B+K, MCFT 66 : MCHT 6A+K, MCHT K
What happens is that you run under them with MC 66 and cancel it with MC A+K, which then hits from the other side. Need to cancel as late as possible within the cancel window. Kinda strict. Ends the MCFT 6A+K combo with MCHT K instead of MCFT B.

MCFT 6A+K, MCFT [B+K] -> combo
MCFT [B+K] tech-catches all directions on most characters. Sometimes whiff back techs on big characters. Landing this takes the MCFT 6A+K combo up to around 90-100dmg.

44K : 6:6
Very, VERY strict timing with the 6:6 for it to hit. Only nets around 50 damage, so I doubt it's very practical. But it's possible.

Voldo Combos

Didn't these mentioned:

MCFT 6A+K, MCFT B+K, MCFT 66 : MCHT 6A+K, MCHT K
What happens is that you run under them with MC 66 and cancel it with MC A+K, which then hits from the other side. Need to cancel as late as possible within the cancel window. Kinda strict. Ends the MCFT 6A+K combo with MCHT K instead of MCFT B.

What advantage in damage are we talking about, worth the tighter execution?
I´d rather stick with MCFT 6A+K, MCFT B+K, MCFT 6A+K, MCFT K with a 100% success rate, than a 50 or 75% chance for some measly 5 dmg more. Nice find nevertheless.

Voldo Combos

What advantage in damage are we talking about, worth the tighter execution?
Not really tbh. It lets you end the combo with MCHT K, which to me seems to have a little faster recovery than MCFT B. And you switch sides with the opponent, if you'd want that for whatever reason.

Voldo Combos

I still don't know too much about the hit boxes for characters in this game and how they vary (I know that something about Astaroth and Vader's hitboxes make Hilde's doom combo whiff halfway through, etc, but I wouldn't know why).

How many characters, if any, have hitbox issues that may or may not interfere with Voldo's combos, and which ones?

Voldo Combos

44K, 6:6B seems to be a just frame landing thing too. Just like how we found out that CR K and BS 44K have that just frame that allows an instant BS attack without waiting for the recovery, 6:6B after 44K seems to be the same way. It might combo together but I'm having a hard time getting the 6:6B to come out instantly after the 44K.

Voldo Combos

Yeah I did some testing on that a while back, and it seems like all moves that puts voldo on the ground can be just frame land thingamajinged from. I've done it from DR B+K, 8K and BS 8K, his 11_77 B,B,B,K series, etc.

Though the usefulness of this can be discussed imo. It's really hard to pull off consistently, or even pull off at all. Also the only things I've got out of this is:
- 44K, 6:6B (seems consistent)
- In corners: 44k, WS B. Seemed to tech catch all directions. Not sure how consistently though.
- 9K, BS 22A - Tech catches two directions I think. Was a few months since I tested this.

There's probably loads of more stuff, but testing this is a bitch since I only hit the jf like 1/15. Because of this, I highly doubt it's usefulness.

There is one exception in difficulty though. 44K, which JF window for some reason is huge - like a second long or something - but opens after the attack is over and voldo lies on the ground. Just do 44K, wait a little, and then do like an A or something. You still get nothing out of that window though.

There's a lot more to this particular jf window that I can share, but that belongs in a study thread and not here I think? Sorry for rambling :[

Back