Voldo in Broken Destiny ~ What are the changes?

Manta

[10] Knight
Broken Destiny's about to come out, some things were nerfed, others buffed ~ Post here if you found something new out!

1K, 6:6B doesn't slide, it barely rings out.
3A on CH barely stuns, it definitely looks worse.
SCC is gone (obviously with the new CF moves ~ A+B+K = Voldo takes a lunge back and stabs forward in a linear fashion)
BS 1A seems more unsafe.
4A+B_BS4[A+B] do around 20-30 more damage, like it was in Sc2/3.
B+K on it's own does 45 ish damage like it used to. The clapper's back =)
BCR A does a crumple stun on CH, 3B is guaranteed for around 60 total.
BS 4K,A -- Doesn't ring out anymore, but the A is a guard crush, not that it matters ;/

-Manta-

I don't really know how to test framedata, but here are some interresting damage/combo finds:

A+B now does 16dmg (previously 20) Not that notable on it's own but look what's next
2A+B -10dmg
CR B -5dmg
CR K -10dmg
CR A+B -10dmg
CR A+G/B+G +12dmg

But the A+B, 66B, 2A+B~CR B combo, though every individual move have lost 5-10dmg, still ends up the old 50dmg total. Less combo scaling this time around it seems.

Notable damage changes:
4A+B +20dmg!
BS 4A+B +30dmg!
B+K +15dmg! (now 35)
CH 44 is now puny 25dmg (39 before)
WS K often only hits once, for 8dmg

WR (+7dmg) now launches enemies almost too far behind for B+K to connect. K seems to be the only reliable follow up.

...BS 3B, BS A+B is now much easier to pull off! I could never get it right earlier and now it's almost impossible not to connect with the opponent.

Super Freak and everything that's related can now be done in Blind Stance also.
You can now stay idle in MC forever.

CH 2A+B, CR A+K -> BCR B no longer works because of new type of stun. That's some 90+dmg combos gone right there.

22_88B, BS 11_77K now does sorta 65dmg. Thats a +20 increase.

Man, now I'm tired!

I don't really know how to test framedata, but here are some interresting damage/combo finds:

A+B now does 16dmg (previously 20) Not that notable on it's own but look what's next
2A+B -10dmg
CR B -5dmg
CR K -10dmg
CR A+B -10dmg
CR A+G/B+G +12dmg

But the A+B, 66B, 2A+B~CR B combo, though every individual move have lost 5-10dmg, still ends up the old 50dmg total. Less combo scaling this time around it seems.

Notable damage changes:
4A+B +20dmg!
BS 4A+B +30dmg!
B+K +15dmg! (now 35)
CH 44 is now puny 25dmg (39 before)
WS K is now 8dmg and only hits once

WR (+7dmg) now launches enemies almost too far behind for B+K to connect. A/K/A+K followups still works, but MCHT66 doesn't seem to connect after that.

BS 3B, BS A+B is now much easier to pull off! I could never get it right earlier and now it's almost impossible not to connect with the opponent.

Super Freak and everything that's related can now be done in Blind Stance also.
You can now stay idle in MC forever.
22_88A+B is still there, and is still a mystery.

CH 2A+B, CR A+K -> BCR B no longer works because the turn around is too slow. That's some 90+dmg combos gone right there.

22_88B, BS 11_77K now does 65dmg. Thats a +20 increase.

Man, now I'm tired!

I'm speechless. I honestly can't believe Namdai would do this to a character they've pretty much shown that they love.

Amazing work Namdai. Amy is the same, Algol is barely changed and has new teleports, Hilde's damage is through the roof, and Voldo is horribly beaten by the nerf stick. Thanks a lot, Bamco.

Thanks for the info, Punchdrunk!

I'll find some stuff to make 'em godly. Don't forget what people said about V when SC4 first came out =)

-Manta-

I'll find some stuff to make 'em godly.

I'm counting on that :)

4A+B doesn't only do 60dmg (70 in BS) it's also 100% tracking! You'll still eat a launcher if it's blocked though. It looks as if it could be used in some tech trap situations too, but I have yet to find anything.

Mantis Crawl is tracking! If you're slowly moving (idle after moving) you'll constantly realign with the opponent, and they won't be able to step 66. Landfish -> MC will also immediately realign.

Mantis Crawl is tracking! If you're slowly moving (idle after moving) you'll constantly realign with the opponent, and they won't be able to step 66. Landfish -> MC will also immediately realign.

That's incredible. People like me who love to hit the floor are going to be all over this. 4A+B looks like the fucking key here. Any slip-up where they let you hit them with THAT nonsense and I'm sure they will wake the hell up. Also, B+K getting a damage buff really solidifies itself as a replacement for BB. GI [B+K] for the fear.

I was saving these for a big tech trap update, but since I never seem to get to it, here's what I got:

BS 1A, 66A no longer works. (used to catch all and RO)
BS 1A, WS A tech traps all for 28+25dmg (must be close to catch backward tech)
BS 66K, BRC B no longer works
22_88B, BCR B catches F/B/L for the combo. R sometimes whiff or doesn't give stun on hit.
CH 66K, WS B hits F/R (used to hit B as well)
CH 66K WS A hits F/R/B (used to hit all)
CH BS 22A, 4A+B no longer hits Back, but now does 33+80dmg!

CH BS WS A, 22B = 54
CH BS FC B now knocks opponents back the same way as NH BS FC B
WS B launches over your head the same way as WS
WS K sometimes misses the second hit. Character specific maybe, I don't think it's just my bad spacing.
CH 2A+B now causes the opponent to fall to their knees instead of on their ass, that's why CR A+K, B won't connect.
44[K],B = 65-ish (old = 50dmg)
BS 33BB don't miss as much
Back Throw is now 75 instead of 65, but that may be universal

Mystery Dance (22_88A+B) is now a frametrap! Just watch which way he's facing and cancel that dance into any move you like! Fastest option is BS AA, or another Mystery Dance!

CH BS WS A, 22B = 54

Mystery Dance (22_88A+B) is now a frametrap! Just watch which way he's facing and cancel that dance into any move you like! Fastest option is BS AA, or another Mystery Dance!

This is interesting. Can you get 2A+B 236, CR K off of BS 22B in that combo, or did they change that too? Also, can you cancel IN to Mystery Dance off of anything? Because if you can, we have a new SCC.

CH BS WS A, 22B doesn't launch, so that combo ends there.
Ordinary BS 22B, 2A+B 236, CR K still work.

Mystery Dance doesn't work from anything but neutral what I've found. Taunt might cancel into it...

Oh man, BD continues to disappoint me :\
Really? I love the improvements - MC tracking, Mystery Dance frametrap, great BS A+B juggle hitbox, usefull BS WS A (safe from i10?), and 4A+B as a possible step-frickin'-killer.

His Soul Gage Damage have been slightly nerfed, specially with Active Purge introduced.
While everybodys step have been improved, many horizontals have also been improved, and Voldo have possibly only gained from this.
2A+B SCC / CH 2A+B... I never got comfortable with, so I can live with losing those. But it bothers me that Voldo got maybe one of his best SGD tools and most damaging combo removed, while most other characters seem to have gotten their combos boosted.

I definitly like Voldo more for who he is now, but in the face of competition that might be a whole different thing.

Really? I love the improvements - MC tracking, Mystery Dance frametrap, great BS A+B juggle hitbox, usefull BS WS A (safe from i10?), and 4A+B as a possible step-frickin'-killer.

His Soul Gage Damage have been slightly nerfed, specially with Active Purge introduced.
While everybodys step have been improved, many horizontals have also been improved, and Voldo have possibly only gained from this.
2A+B SCC / CH 2A+B... I never got comfortable with, so I can live with losing those. But it bothers me that Voldo got maybe one of his best SGD tools and most damaging combo removed, while most other characters seem to have gotten their combos boosted.

I definitly like Voldo more for who he is now, but in the face of competition that might be a whole different thing.

I like some of the buffs, sure, but the some of the changes are just ridiculous and unnecessary. My favorite combo in any fighting game ever(CH BS B+K, 2A+B 236, CR A+K, BS WR B, BS 1K, BS 2B+K, MCHT K) no longer works. I just feel that the slight buffs were not worth the nerfs. Really, is tracking on Mantis Crawl that big of a deal? I was able to get on perfectly fine without it. Mystery Dance being cancelable is really something they should've put in SC4, though.

I guess I love the improvements so much because they really should have been there from the beginning.
If it takes some nerfing to get them so be it. Voldo is considered top tier, he'll survive.

He'll survive in SCV because of how much people will begin to rage at the changes in BD. They'll fix him again in V.

Not many Voldo players that got BD eh?

Here's what I've been playing around with today:

BS 44A, 3B, A+B, 2A+B, CR B = 96dmg (111dmg if teched!) up from 83dmg
CH BS 3B, A+B, 2A+B, CR B = 60+32=92dmg (on far distance the last half can sometimes be teched) down from 104dmg
CH BS B+K, A+B, 66B, 2A+B, CR B = 64dmg (best option from now on?)

BS 33BB, BS 3B hits downed for 64dmg (+10dmg)
BS 33BB, BS 3B, BS 3B techtraps Backwards for 98dmg (15-30dmg increase?)

BS 22B, 2A+B, CR B (66dmg) is now techable (2A+B no longer cause bounce)
BS 22B, B+K = 62dmg (up from 46dmg)
BS 22B, 3BB = 78dmg - AC:able every way but B/BL/L. Usefull in some situations I guess.

WS B, (delay) BS AA = 42dmg (could have better follow ups, but you can't be too fast)
WS , MC K = 43dmg (dunno which one is safer)

Close Mystery Dance into back throw!
Pay attention though, if you throw while turned away Voldo steps to the right before throwing, turning that back throw into a side throw. This can also be used to turn a side throw into a back throw by Mystery Dancing to your right and immediatly mashing throw.

CH BS B+K, A+B, 66B, 2A+B, CR B = 64dmg (best option from now on?)

Close Mystery Dance into back throw!
Pay attention though, if you throw while turned away Voldo steps to the right before throwing, turning that back throw into a side throw. This can also be used to turn a side throw into a back throw by Mystery Dancing to your right and immediatly mashing throw.

Wouldn't CH B+K, A+B, 66B, 6:6B,
-11BBB
-2A+B236, CR B/K
-Or 1

be the best you can do from that? Also, could you in theory use Mystery Dance cancels to do super side-steps? What's the recovery time after canceling a Mystery Dance?

Ah, I'm so bad att pulling off 6:6B that I didn't even try it. The damage looks a little better, and if you get the non JF version you still do 59dmg.

You can't cancel Mystery Dance by blocking, you must input a move, and that window begins when Voldo is first facing away from the opponent, and then lasts the whole animation. If you're at standing K distance, you should be aligned for a side hit at the earliest point, a split second longer and you've got the back, while still in BS. Then Voldo will just dance around in place, changing from BS to neutral, to BS, to neutral.

Oh, and you can cancel Mystery Dance into another Mystery Dance just one time, and that's regardless if you're in neutral or BS. But if you execute a mystery dance from BS, the direction is inverted.

Ah, I'm so bad att pulling off 6:6B that I didn't even try it. The damage looks a little better, and if you get the non JF version you still do 59dmg.

You can't cancel Mystery Dance by blocking, you must input a move, and that window begins when Voldo is first facing away from the opponent, and then lasts the whole animation. If you're at standing K distance, you should be aligned for a side hit at the earliest point, a split second longer and you've got the back, while still in BS. Then Voldo will just dance around in place, changing from BS to neutral, to BS, to neutral.

Oh, and you can cancel Mystery Dance into another Mystery Dance just one time, and that's regardless if you're in neutral or BS. But if you execute a mystery dance from BS, the direction is inverted.

Huh, interesting stuff. I'm sure there's more crazy stuff we can do with Mystery Dance.

Back