What aspects from characters in SC5 can be re-purposed in SC6?

Crimzin

[12] Conqueror
Sad to say but most of the new characters from SCV are not coming back. But aspects of them could be gleaned and given to classic or new characters who could possibly be in SCIV instead of going to waste.
For example:

Xianghua gets aspects from Lexia
Cassandra gets some moves from S&S Patroklos
Seung Mi-Na gets some moves from Xiba (I think his moves suit her more than Kilik)
Lizardman stays with double axes instead of reverting back to S&S

What do you think can be re-purposed and in what way in SCIV?

Well obviously it seems they're repurposing textures and such, and a lot of the moves are unchanged. I think the most obvious things to be taken from SCV are moves of SCV characters that'll be gone, like Pat's, and maybe some design influences? And as someone who loves CaS, I hope they don't remove any features SCV's CaS had, and improve it. Because what seemed great in 2012 isn't that great in 2018 anymore, compared to some other games and seeing what CaS could do through modding, but it couldn't in the game.

If we get a return of Patroklos, Pyrrha, Leixia, Natsu, and Xiba styles, I'd like them to be bonus styles, not added to existing styles.

Leixia's newer aspects felt more like the SoulCalibur III Chinese Blade style to me than Xianghua. I like Xianghua being Xianghua. If we give Leixia's "Xianghua moves" back to Xianghua, and bring some more Chinese Blade style stuff to Leixia's moves, to make a more complete Chinese Blade style, that would make me pretty happy for reasons you can see in my avatar.

Cassandra doesn't need any influence from Patroklos, either. Patroklos was already taking inspiration from Cassandra and making the moves feel a bit more masculine. Cassandra may be a bit of a tomboy but she's still got her feminine charms with her moveset and certainly doesn't need to start spouting any nonsense about justice. If anything, I'd like to see Patroklos's moves go to Aeon instead, so he's not so much of a Sophitia clone if they're going back to him having the Xi Sword & Game Shield since they're doing SoulCalibur I base.

Seong Mi-na already has had her own identity in SoulCalibur III-IV and doesn't need anything from Xiba. I was disappointed in Xiba's moves with a Halberd for my Seong Mi-na custom character in SoulCalibur V because it really felt wrong for her. And I already addressed Aeon above.

As far as stuff I'd actually repurpose/keep, I'd like to see the return of Quick Battle, it's a very fun mode and seeing the different custom characters that they have put into the game already is useful to possibly inspire ideas and get the creative juices flowing. Ideally, we'd actually see the return of Weapon Master / Chronicles of the Sword that also implements a wide variety of custom characters, but if that's too lofty a goal, Quick Battle at least is very nice a mode. An expansion I'd like to see, though, would be the ability to use not only their titles but also their templates in custom creation once you've defeated them.

I could see them reusing certain character designs, like giving Elysium's 2p (minus the mask) to Sophitia, or at least building a new design off of that. And Xiba's 2P could work for Kilik, especially since it was based off of his SC3 2P.

And as far as movesets, I could imagine maybe giving some of the returning characters their successor's Critical Edges? Obviously in the case of Taki and Natsu, that wouldn't quite work, but I could see Cassandra having her CE be based off of either Pyrrha's or Patroklos', obviously with certain changes to suit her personality and fighting style. And something similar to Leixia's CE would work pretty perfectly for Xianghua, I think.

I really really hope Aeon keeps the double axe and modern look. He's way better than Lizardman.

I really liked Patrolkos' style and his scale armor. I think they should retcon him out of existence and give his style and armor to his Dad, Rothion. Bu if Cassandra comes back they'll need to further differentiate the two. I think they should give him a spike shield and give him some very aggressive shield attacks. That would make having 3 sword + shield users acceptable. Again, Aeon keeps the double axes.

When it comes to Patroklos fighting style I would actually like that to be inherited to Sophie's young brother.

When it comes to Viola and Amy they could just combine both styles.

I'd like their costumes to be demoted for CAS parts and PS pretending that it has no reference to them in this continuity by renaming all the pieces over, but having their clothing and hair in the game might confuse people with whether they still exist or not and I personally don't want anything from 5 to be visibly be recognizable to imply they coexist in 6.

I think Alpha Patroklos's Moveset should be a CAS exclusive alt to Setsuka (if shes in the game) I figured if people didn't want to use the Umbrella with the sword, they should get the sheath as an option. (Again but not reference it as Alpha Pat)

Last edited:
I Need Ashlotte. I want my axe loli back. I'd like to get a bunch of costumes demoted to CAS parts to though. Especially Kamikirmusi's. What's up with getting only female bonus characters in SCIV anyway? But seriously Kami's costume is brilliant. And i guess a bunch of people want Shura's costume too.
Can we get the SCV costumes just ripped from the game t use as CAS parts

I'd say SoulCalibur IV's bonus characters all being female was an attempt to make up for the guest characters never being female, but I'm probably giving them too much credit. But yes, I would like to see them back. Likely not, though, for licensing rights issues.

Damn, going off topic again. I suppose a puppet character like viola would be nice. A character using a familiar like E.I.N would be cool, but it should be it's own unique familiar, not just a reskinned E.I.N with a different animal for a head.

I Need Ashlotte. I want my axe loli back. I'd like to get a bunch of costumes demoted to CAS parts to though. Especially Kamikirmusi's. What's up with getting only female bonus characters in SCIV anyway? But seriously Kami's costume is brilliant. And i guess a bunch of people want Shura's costume too.
Can we get the SCV costumes just ripped from the game t use as CAS parts
I'd take some demoted CAS parts from characters the series won't be using in canon or references to them for CAS parts over a lot of the generic stuff we generally get any day. To be honest, most of the bonus characters except Ashlotte looked like CAS characters already, particularly Kimikirmusi and Shura.

Damn, going off topic again. I suppose a puppet character like viola would be nice. A character using a familiar like E.I.N would be cool, but it should be it's own unique familiar, not just a reskinned E.I.N with a different animal for a head.
No. Those attributes were the worst things about those characters. I'd rather not see them passed onto another character all over again.

When it comes to Patroklos fighting style I would actually like that to be inherited to Sophie's young brother.

When it comes to Viola and Amy they could just combine both styles.

Including Lucius in the roster would be yet another S&S user. His motivations would basically be the same as Cassandra's and would bring nothing new to the game, he'd just take up a slot that would be better for another character. He's honestly not needed, just give some of Patty's moves to Cassandra.

I'd say SoulCalibur IV's bonus characters all being female was an attempt to make up for the guest characters never being female, but I'm probably giving them too much credit. But yes, I would like to see them back. Likely not, though, for licensing rights issues.
I think the bonus characters were an attempt to attract a Japanese audience that has typically ignored the series. In my eyes, lady characters designed by well-known manga artists, destructible clothing for the main cast, and DLC school girl uniforms were all attempts to grab that audience back from DOA.

I'd like their costumes to be demoted for CAS parts and PS pretending that it has no reference to them in this continuity by renaming all the pieces over, but having their clothing and hair in the game might confuse people with whether they still exist or not and I personally don't want anything from 5 to be visibly be recognizable to imply they coexist in 6.

I think Alpha Patroklos's Moveset should be a CAS exclusive alt to Setsuka (if shes in the game) I figured if people didn't want to use the Umbrella with the sword, they should get the sheath as an option. (Again but not reference it as Alpha Pat)
Speaking of which, they should at least make Setsuka's Sakura Twister better. I'll admit, it was pretty lackluster compared to Alpha Patroklos'.

Speaking of which, they should at least make Setsuka's Sakura Twister better. I'll admit, it was pretty lackluster compared to Alpha Patroklos'.

I'm hoping it at least completely replaces Umbrella. Umbrella is iconic, but damn, Twister is better.

Back