What character buffs/nerfs would YOU like to see?

These were just my thoughts. It was sure that not everybody would agree with them. I also made it for every character including those i didn't play myself. It is quite safe to say that not everything i suggested is a good idea but as long as players are discussing about it i am happy.

These were just my thoughts. It was sure that not everybody would agree with them. I also made it for every character including those i didn't play myself. It is quite safe to say that not everything i suggested is a good idea but as long as players are discussing about it i am happy.

Cool man. We're just sharing our thoughts.

On Raphael: Since a majority of his useful moves are highs, he is very vulnerable to TC. A clear solution would be to give him more mids but we have to be careful with the changes. 6BB should be always be high high because it is designed to be his i12 punisher. At that speed with that much range, it would be too powerful being mid with huge CH damage potential. Botta in Tempo means to hit while the opponent is unprepared; if it were mid, it would become a stocatta (going under the opponent's grip), and he has BBB as that.

6A is one I would like to be mid. 4A maybe. His Prep K could also be moved to 22K. 4K and 4B should stay highs because a hook kick is meant to land on the head while 4B is his Passata-sotto.

Last edited:
If we nerf all top tier and mid+ characters, to have only mids, I think that for Natsu :

- Nerf A+B, it will track on both side but will no longer anti-side step, -13 on block
- Remove A+B4
- Remove 66B4
- Nerf 66B to do 38 damage like 66B4, but less unsafe, -14
- Nerf 66B BE to do 64 damage with 66B BE, 1A
- Nerf the WS K and FC A+B, the combo will become CH WS K_FC A+B, 6A+B4 PO A:6 (46 damage on CH WS K), 6A+B works all time after CH FC A+B, remove the other combos of CH FC A+B
- Nerf A:6 to have only 24 damage, now we have to use 4B to punish -14 and KK2K for -13
- Nerf damage of CH 66A, B, 45 damages ?
- Nerf of A+G BE => 38 damage
- Buff A+G to have 50 damage
- 66K do only 20 damage, but is safer(-12 instead of -16) on guard, and -9 on hit instead of -4
- 22A become punishable, like -14 or -16
- Buff 6B, -2 on guard
- Buff 3A, -8 on block
- Buff 44B, -8 on block
- Buff damage of CH BBK, 60 ?
- Buff WS B 4A+B~A to be able to do WS B 4A+B~A, A:6, 2K (57 damage), a good punish of throws

And sorry for my english :/

If we nerf all top tier and mid+ characters, to have only mids, I think that for Natsu :

- Nerf A+B, it will track on both side but will no longer anti-side step, -13 on block
- Remove A+B4
- Remove 66B4
- Nerf 66B to do 38 damage like 66B4, but less unsafe, -14
- Nerf 66B BE to do 64 damage with 66B BE, 1A
- Nerf the WS K and FC A+B, the combo will become CH WS K_FC A+B, 6A+B4 PO A:6 (46 damage on CH WS K), 6A+B works all time after CH FC A+B, remove the other combos of CH FC A+B
- Nerf A:6 to have only 24 damage, now we have to use 4B to punish -14 and KK2K for -13
- Nerf damage of CH 66A, B, 45 damages ?
- Nerf of A+G BE => 38 damage
- Buff A+G to have 50 damage
- 66K do only 20 damage, but is safer(-12 instead of -16) on guard, and -9 on hit instead of -4
- 22A become punishable, like -14 or -16
- Buff 6B, -2 on guard
- Buff 3A, -8 on block
- Buff 44B, -8 on block
- Buff damage of CH BBK, 60 ?
- Buff WS B 4A+B~A to be able to do WS B 4A+B~A, A:6, 2K (57 damage), a good punish of throws

And sorry for my english :/

And 4A deleted from the game.

Generally, the only moves that recover fast enough to block the 8KA are generic 2A's. I know you can be at neutral and recover in time.

I actually think changing 6B+K to 6B+KBBB and 2A+B to 2A+BBB would be a nice buff for xiba.

I actually think changing 6B+K to 6B+KBBB and 2A+B to 2A+BBB would be a nice buff for xiba.
Not so sure about 2A+B since is a low and the damage is good. The same can be saying about 6B+K, the damage is pretty high and you should only use it in combos since if you miss, you will get your ass kicked. A damage nerf(From 65 to 45) and the option to cancel the string with G is very viable though.

I would like to extend the definition of OP to any character that has a move that needs to be nerfed (unless of course there are many more that need to be buffed).

With that in mind, there are many characters that I feel require mid to severe nerfs.

And this is why I make the claim that SCV is not balanced enough. I guess It all depends on what you're comparing it to and there is not objective definition of OP, therefor it's all subjective and open to interpretation. So when one person says the game isn't balanced you really can't fault them for that.

Here's my idea (sorry if a bit off topic):

Instead of basically rewriting the move list from every character (which is what they do in every game, granted that some of the returning characters get changed drastically more than others), I would much rather they just take the move sets from 5 and make minor adjustments here and there. Think of it as the final and proper balance patch that SCV never got in the end.

This should be the direction they take for sc6. Just take everything that was done right with SCV and just expand on that and make minor balance tweeks here and there.

Given that SCV was rushed, I'm assuming a worst case scenario where SC6 gets the same fate. If you only have limited resources, then I'd much rather have a SC 5.5 than a sc6 that is rushed and not very well thought out or is missing iconic SP content that the series has been known for since forever.

SCV had the potential to be truly spectacular, since the core gameplay is so solid, but sadly it isn't for 2 main reasons: #1 is poor single player content, and #2 is poor roster choices. I understand the need to cut some of the cast from a 17 year time skip, but they really went overboard and got rid of some of the most popular characters in it's history. Talim anyone? Zasalamel? Shit, I would have been just as happy with a suitable replacement to those fighting styles.

And balance is not just balancing one character against another, it's also balancing the individual move sets within themselves so that a few moves don't dominate the whole list (can you say, A-pat anyone?)

Some say lets trim the fat from the movesets and make them smaller, I say let's turn the fat into more muscle! Make every move serve different purposes and not have a single move completely out do another one. This makes the game deeper and more interesting to play and watch. Nothing is more boring than watching a tournament where the players just use the same 6 moves over and over, and nothing is more boring to play as well. Let's not turn this game into street fighter or tekken, shall we? I don't wanna see the same launcher every 5 seconds.

I can already predict the trolls. Come on, dish it out

Speaking of specific balance changes, I can only really speak on 2 characters because they are the only ones I use.

Raphael: I think everyone agrees that 6bb is one of his main BnB moves, and I think the fact that it's a high and low damage (without the BE extension) is a bit of an issue. making them mids would indeed make them broken, however I propose that the damage be increased by a factor of 50% of what it is now (this would still make it fairly low damage so it wouldn't be broken IMO).

He needs better horizontals, period. I would like 33A to be changed to be -12 on block and the pushback be eliminated, this way some characters can still punish it but not everyone. He needs more than 1 decent horizontal mid (3A being the other one, but has a lack of range and damage.)

Or, conversely you could change 66A into a mid, slow down the impact frames and make it -16 so that it's not broken.

Possibly increase the damage of 4A so that it's risk reward is more worth it. Although since this move is a step killer with really good step built into it, it might even be good enough right now as it stands. I go back and forth on this one a lot because on one hand I can sneak this move in quite a bit but on the other hand the damage is very low for how unsafe it is, plus it's a high.

Change BBB string into an option where you can play BBA instead for a horizontal high at the end for and extra string option. I was thinking about also adding BBK as a third option for a low attack at the end. This would make his BB string a much larger part of his game. Not sure exactly on safety or range or impact frames on each of these moves yet (I'm not even sure of what animation they should use).

Increase the range of 44AB on the first A attack, or speed up the impact frames on the A. As it is, it's not really that useful of a move, despite the prep option IMO.

Speed up prep K but lower the damage. The second kick which is a BE should also be damage nerfed if the initial attack is sped up.

Nightmare: Eliminate the grim stride cancel glitch. This gives NM an unfair safe launcher with great range as well. He really doesn't need this as I feel he's already strong even without this option.

Speed up GS A to closer to where it was in previous games, but shorten the GI window.

reduce the tracking on his 3B, similar to Sieg's lack of tracking on his 3B

Bring back his GS A+B from sc4 with similar 'return damage' properties as Astaroth's 66k BE, but make it very unsafe, like -22 or something. Make it a high risk high reward kind of move.

Reduce the damage of his Ba slide from stance (I forget the name of the stance), and eliminate the JF option as I feel it's not really needed.

Change the recovery on 22A so that the move is no longer safe, make it like -14 or something.

Reduce pushback on 3AA so that more characters can punish it more easily. The pushback on that move is ridiculous to the point that it's almost a safe move.

Speed up 66B but eliminate the advantage on block. I can't remember exactly what it is, But I think it's +2 or +4 on block. Not to mention reduce the guard damage on this move.

An overall reduction across the board in guard gauge damage.

Eliminate the advantage on block on his AgA. It's a fast stepkiller with awesome range, it doesn't need to have advantage on top of it. Change it to -8 on block ( and similarly eliminate the blue flash indicating that it has advantage). It would still be a very good move with these changes. As it exists currently it's a little bit too good IMO. Same thing goes for Sieg's AgA.

These are just general ideas I've been toying with. I may not be right on everything I say so try not to hate too much mmkay?

And balance is not just balancing one character against another, it's also balancing the individual move sets within themselves so that a few moves don't dominate the whole list (can you say, A-pat anyone?)

This seems odd to me. Do you want the stronger combo extenders and enders to be weaker or stronger?

Let's take your Alpha example. I'm guessing it's boring because it's usually some variation of stun ~ FC 3B ~ JFT/22BA or launcher ~ JFT right? Most of his move list actually needs to be buffed to satisfy your need for variety since no other tools of his do so well in the damage/ring out/wall hit department, and I doubt you'd love that.

Back