What character buffs/nerfs would YOU like to see?

Withvees

[10] Knight
I've been watching the Ultra Street Fighter IV character changes lately and I enjoy the fact the Capcom listened to people to adjust characters. While I was watching, I was thinking what kind of buffs/nerfs I'd like to see in SC5 as well.

How would you like your main to be adjusted? Would you want damage buffs, frame changes, hit box changes, etc? Please don't say:
"Oh, I have a hard time against "X" character so I want to nerf them"
Address the issue with your main and not another character

As a Xiba player, I would like 6A BE to stop wiffing on counter hits. Even if I am positive after it, it's still a waste of meter. I want REM~B to stop wiffing when people jump. Sometimes it'll wiff if I'm standing right next to the opponent. I'd also like to see crouch 1B to have a bigger hitbox. Sometimes I feel like the wiffs are not necessary and should hit on some cases.

Also, I'd like REM to extend about 10 frames when it catches a horizontal and aGI's. When an opponent get's aGI'd late in the REM, Xiba gets put out of REM and can't do REM~B into 6B, so I want REM to extend ONLY WHEN IT aGI'S

also just give Xiba Kiliks 22AAA

This is what I would do for my main Ivy.

Increase the speed between the first and second hit of AA making it harder to duck on reaction.
Increase the +Frames on hit on 6A
Decrease the +frames on hit and CH on 6AK to +9
Slightly increase the range on 6A and follow-up
4A stuns on normal hit.
Nerf 4A on block to -12
Fix hitbox issues with WR Ah.
Increase range on WR Ah
Increase Ring-out property on 9A
Increase the speed between the first and second hit of BB making it harder to JG on reaction
Increase damage on Bh to 50+
Nerf 3B's block frames to -12 making it more punishable.
Remove the backturned frames on 3B which causes the opponent to sometimes get a backturned throw.
Increase speed of 4B to 10 frames
FC1B always launches instead of being character specific at specific ranges
9B gets Knockdownstun property.
Decrease + frames on wrB to +9 on hit and CH
6KBK gets less pushback on hit making it combo more consistanly.
Buff 2k making it -13 on block
A+BA gives a small Launch.
4A+B gets a bigger GI window.
4A+BB is a lot faster so if you GI something the second B is guaranteed.
wrA+BA input change to wrA+BAA.
wrA+BA is a NC, wr A+BAA is a NCC
wrA+B gets slightly more range
Decrease 6B+K and 6B+K frames on hit to +9.
7_8_9B+K launches opponents that lay on the ground.
Increase to speed of 7_8_9B+K to 24 frames.
wr B+K gets a slightly bigger GI window, makes it a bit more useful
wr B+K on hit is now 0.
Increase the speed of the techjump property on 44B.
Increase damage on 11_44_77K to 40
Making it unable for any character to step 44B+KB (Instant) after blocking 44B+K.
Nerf 44B+KB so the second hit tracks less, making it easier to sidestep when slightly delayed.
Increase damage from 44B+KB to 25+35
1b BE into 6b8k on block works on every character.
1b BE into 6kB on hit works on every character on every angle
Increase damage on 66b BE to 60 damage.
Increase the window where you can BE 66B making it hit-confirmable.
66B BE launches on normal hit.
Nerf 66B BE on block to -14
Increase Ringout property of 6b8 BE
Change input of A+G BE to 28284666A+G
Increase Clean Hit ratio on 28284666A+G to A
Give 28284666 a JF version.
Remove the inability to buffer iCS.
To do a iCS you need to: 40 frames input tops+ 6B+G need to be on the same frame.
To do a iSS you need to: 40 frames input tops+ 6A+G need to be on the same frame.
236236A+B+K does more damage from the side and in te back just like a normal throw.
Fixed issue where 236236A+B+K could be dodged by inputting 22g22g22g during the flash animation.

This is what I would do for my main Ivy.

Increase the speed between the first and second hit of AA making it harder to duck on reaction.
Increase the +Frames on hit on 6A
Decrease the +frames on hit and CH on 6AK to +9
Slightly increase the range on 6A and follow-up
4A stuns on normal hit.
Nerf 4A on block to -12
Fix hitbox issues with WR Ah.
Increase range on WR Ah
Increase Ring-out property on 9A
Increase the speed between the first and second hit of BB making it harder to JG on reaction
Increase damage on Bh to 50+
Nerf 3B's block frames to -12 making it more punishable.
Remove the backturned frames on 3B which causes the opponent to sometimes get a backturned throw.
Increase speed of 4B to 10 frames
FC1B always launches instead of being character specific at specific ranges
9B gets Knockdownstun property.
Decrease + frames on wrB to +9 on hit and CH
6KBK gets less pushback on hit making it combo more consistanly.
Buff 2k making it -13 on block
A+BA gives a small Launch.
4A+B gets a bigger GI window.
4A+BB is a lot faster so if you GI something the second B is guaranteed.
wrA+BA input change to wrA+BAA.
wrA+BA is a NC, wr A+BAA is a NCC
wrA+B gets slightly more range
Decrease 6B+K and 6B+K frames on hit to +9.
7_8_9B+K launches opponents that lay on the ground.
Increase to speed of 7_8_9B+K to 24 frames.
wr B+K gets a slightly bigger GI window, makes it a bit more useful
wr B+K on hit is now 0.
Increase the speed of the techjump property on 44B.
Increase damage on 11_44_77K to 40
Making it unable for any character to step 44B+KB (Instant) after blocking 44B+K.
Nerf 44B+KB so the second hit tracks less, making it easier to sidestep when slightly delayed.
Increase damage from 44B+KB to 25+35
1b BE into 6b8k on block works on every character.
1b BE into 6kB on hit works on every character on every angle
Increase damage on 66b BE to 60 damage.
Increase the window where you can BE 66B making it hit-confirmable.
66B BE launches on normal hit.
Nerf 66B BE on block to -14
Increase Ringout property of 6b8 BE
Change input of A+G BE to 28284666A+G
Increase Clean Hit ratio on 28284666A+G to A
Give 28284666 a JF version.
Remove the inability to buffer iCS.
To do a iCS you need to: 40 frames input tops+ 6B+G need to be on the same frame.
To do a iSS you need to: 40 frames input tops+ 6A+G need to be on the same frame.
236236A+B+K does more damage from the side and in te back just like a normal throw.
Fixed issue where 236236A+B+K could be dodged by inputting 22g22g22g during the flash animation.
Deng you went to town

Nerf Maxi As Follows;

6A+B -12 Reduce tracking to left OR reduce push back and TC at frame 7.
WR B+K reduce tracking to left side.
AA to +4 to be useful.
Make Neutral Guard not GI special mids but have it GI kicks to compensate.
Make WR KK Both Mids And -2.
Increase range of 3A.
Decrease range of 6A.​

I'd also like to see if they could make a JF or BE version of 3kB so Xiba players can incorporate it into combos. Give it just a couple less negative frames on block. I know 66BBB into 3kB is a combo but 66BBB is so... not that useful. Might be OP but it'd be cool to use more often in combos

Only thing I'd really wish for is reduce some of the pushback for certain moves that should be stab-punishable.
A prime example of this is Ivy's 214B. It's like this:

Although it's -14 on block, she can get away with using it since it pushes the opponent so far back when blocked. Pyrrha can land stabs occasionally if the spacing is right but any Ivy stubborn enough to constantly throw out 214B can usually face no consequence by using it.

There's quite a bit more moves I'd like to see nerfed and buffed but this move is the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Only thing I'd really wish for is reduce some of the pushback for certain moves that should be stab-punishable.

Although it's -14 on block, she can get away with using it since it pushes the opponent so far back when blocked. Pyrrha can land stabs occasionally if the spacing is right but any Ivy stubborn enough to constantly throw out 214B can usually face no consequence by using it.

There's quite a bit more moves I'd like to see nerfed and buffed but this move is the only thing I can think of at the moment.
Asta's 1A can do that sometimes. It pushed back so much that even my xiba can't punish it.

Maybe they made it safe because it's - on hit, doesn't have much range, and you can JG the second hit, though it's hard. I think the tracking is a bit annoying but that's it.

Just because something is -14 doesn't mean it's meant to be punished. Sometimes the devs just want situations where you're at massive advantage but can't punish. If you can't punish a -14, you can still dash in and still be at advantage. Have the CPU do a -14 move and then immediately 2A. Then, replay it and block the move and dash forward and 2A. See how close you can get before the 2As start to trade, and then you'll have a sense of how far you can go forward in 14 frames, and how far you can move before your +frames are gone. Having that sense is really important in SCV due to the amount of pushback everything has.

I don't think it's feasible to JG the second hit of 214B. Doing so is pretty much only possible if you know it's coming, and you can just step in that situation anyway.

I don't really want to weigh in on the "is 214B too good" talk, but I do want to mention that there are comparable evasive moves that are arguably much better, like Yoshi 214A.

Ivy 214B can't be stepped after blocking the first hit. You also don't have enough time to GI. If you want to guarantee a punish JGing the 2nd hit is pretty much your only option.

Ivy 214B can't be stepped after blocking the first hit. You also don't have enough time to GI. If you want to guarantee a punish JGing the 2nd hit is pretty much your only option.
Step both hits. You have to know it's coming to JG the second hit, so you might as well step.

I said if you BLOCK the FIRST hit you can't step the second. Obviously if you step the first hit you can step the second.

I said if you BLOCK the FIRST hit you can't step the second. Obviously if you step the first hit you can step the second.
I know. I never implied you can step the second hit if you blocked the first. What I'm saying is that you're never going to intentionally JG the second hit after blocking the first unless you know 214B is coming in the first place, in which case it's better to step.

I would like to see Pyrrha's Angel Step K get a brave edge like Sophitia now has in Lost Swords.

I'd like to see Viola's 2A+B being cancellable so maybe she can jump in for a mix up attempt depending on the recovery time etc. If anything, Viola's SET A+B brave edge needs a buff. It's worthless.

Back