What do developers have against 2D?

have you beaten it yet? if so, how many times/difficulty etc? I'm on my second play but it's normal mode again because I figured I'd pull my hair out on hard mode and I still have a lot of characters to get. gonna do hard mode for my 3rd play whenever that is

would you be up for a knights in the nightmare discussion topic? though it prob just be us talking but there's a lot in the game worth discussing

There's also another difficulty after hard, it just so happens to be called Nightmare. I've read people recommending to start fresh after you complete a hard game 'cause supposedly you will have drained too much vitality.

I started a second game on hard with the alternate story a long while ago but I stopped at stage 5 or something. I didn't really use Leveling mode much, just played each stage once for hell of it so I'm not too affected by the lack of Leveling mode in hard. I also recruited all but that one character that I think's in the hidden stage and didn't transoul a single person. As long as you make sure to make decent use of effectives and keep your weapon supply up, I don't think it would be a painful experience on hard. Maybe nightmare...

There's also another difficulty after hard, it just so happens to be called Nightmare. I've read people recommending to start fresh after you complete a hard game 'cause supposedly you will have drained too much vitality.

I started a second game on hard with the alternate story a long while ago but I stopped at stage 5 or something. I didn't really use Leveling mode much, just played each stage once for hell of it so I'm not too affected by the lack of Leveling mode in hard. I also recruited all but that one character that I think's in the hidden stage and didn't transoul a single person. As long as you make sure to make decent use of effectives and keep your weapon supply up, I don't think it would be a painful experience on hard. Maybe nightmare...

you can't use leveling mode on hard? damn lol. not that I use it much. I read about nightmare mode I'm sure that is more trouble than it's worth haha. and I also have not transoul anyone yet. and i missed the hidden stage twice. planning to actually do it on hard mode -_- right now I kinda wanna catch em all (the knights) lol

I dont think you're paying attention to what I wrote... There are already a TON of original Vectorman/Metroid type games today; just look on PSN/XBL... they just don't sell. The only reason Shadow Complex is selling is because Cliff Blezinski is banking on nostalgia for Epic Games, Super Metroid and Castlevania. If Shadow Complex had come out without the ferver, without Cliffy B saying its like Metroidvania, even with the high ratings, it still wouldn't have sold. So basically, a game DOES need to be based on nostalgia in order to be 2D. Shadow Complex is a new property, but it is still based on Nostalgia.

There are 2d games and they can sell a mother fucking boat load. Look at castle crashers. Actually shadow complex is a good game in it's own right. For that matter I bought Shadow Complex and I hadn't heard word one from "Cliffy B". I dl'ed the demo, it showed a lot of polish and quality and was fun. A game DOES not need to be based on nostalgia to be 2d. Unless you're saying 2d automatically equals nostalgia factor.

anybody remembers this? called Gunster Heroes... best shooting game i ever played... wayyyy more fun than the best 3d shooter to me which is bioshock...

p.s. if this epic shooter sparks ur interest they recently added it on psn for $4.99... look for it in the ps one classics section...

Wow... the whole premise of beating Seven Force with the Fire Laser is psycho to me, the only thing worse would be the Homing Fire. I could barely take out Seven Force with the Homing Laser.

They rereleased it on XBL, if you want. But yeah Gunstar Heroes was great.

As far as downloadable titles not having any hype, who's fault is that? Go out and get hype.

Back