What if an old character returns with a new weapon?

I thought about it, but if they return both Yun Seong and Hwang one of them could return with a new weapon/fighting style. I mostly see Yun Seong taking this route. I can envision him either using two blades instead of one. The reason could be that he believes if he uses an extra sword he will have a better chance to surpass his idol.

Alternatively, he can come back with a more different style.

Sidenote: I hate how autocorrect changed Seong to wrong. Sigh...

Last edited:
I think that if Hwang uses his style from SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition, and Yun-seong keeps doing his wild thing, they're different enough to coexist as it is, much like Sophitia and Cassandra.

You know, if the rumors were true it would have been interesting to see Cassandra using that other moveset in 5, but I hope if she returns in 6 she retains her classic moveset instead of becoming Darth Cassandra. :P
The problem with Cassandra is that she has an horrible and trivial design no matter what weapon she has in her hand.

I think that if Hwang uses his style from SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition, and Yun-seong keeps doing his wild thing, they're different enough to coexist as it is, much like Sophitia and Cassandra.
Yup. It's why SC3 is my favourite of the games as it was at that point where you could choose between different flavours of characters (if you view the weapons as characters as well). Considering Soul Blade was where it started for me I have a big attachment to the original cast so having them back but a slightly different flavour from their successors is where the sweet spot is for me.

While that is all good on its own I have the feeling that Project Soul has this mindset that most people that didn't like V because there was two groups of three characters each that had the same weapon style. So they are probably trying there damn hardest to have everyone unique. While that was a problem it had to do more that Pyrrha and Patroklos took up two slots (and where not well received) and Kilik was turned into a mimic.

That loli with a force choke? Things can always get worse...
Cassandra isn't exactly a loli, but it still would be ridiculously funny to see someone like her force choking someone like Astaroth lol. It's a dumb idea but still funny to see, it makes me wonder if someone modded SoulCalibur IV to give Darth Vader's moveset to Cassandra.

Dark Queen Cassandra... If you think of the name and title without picturing the bouncing clone that she was, it could work.

Force choking with grey mist instead and a sword that seems to leak the stuff like a brazier. Done.

What if Cassandra is evil in SC6 ? (If PS wanted to re-use the Pyrrah Omega character in a new kind of direction by giving Cassy Soul Edge power).

Anyway, that could be fun to see the 16 years old blonde bullying Astaroth ^^

Honestly though, I would rather see Darth Vader's moveset be reworked on a new character instead of a returning one. Maybe Namco could give that moveset to Frederick where he comes back as a headless swordsman.
latest

"Siegfried, I am your father." - Frederick
Frederick could also be Siegfried's destined battle since Siegfried and Nightmare are the same character in SoulCalibur VI. I could already imagine a headless swordsman force choking Siegfried already.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

also Hwang is easily among the top 3 most boring and uninteresting character in the entire series lmao

If we're not counting bonus or guest characters:
  1. Hwang
  2. Mina
  3. Talim
Uninspired fighting styles and movelists, boring anime designs with no remarkable qualities, no real personalities, and no useful tools. Talim can look cool with a good player playing non-stop rushdown I guess, but she's still boring overall. Rock is also somewhere in that list, like 4th or 5th, but at least he looks edgy and his ground throws are sick.

what if Aeon returns with an axe and shield?
I actually want to see him get his Xi Sword back, and fight like Patroklos with lizardisms added.

Also Yun-seong is far more boring and uninteresting than Hwang. He just has more exposure because of how huge SoulCalibur II was compared to the first two games.

Back